Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Psilocybe Semilanceata INDOOR Mycobag -once again he did it :)

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 empirefire

empirefire

FungusAmongus

• Free Member
  • 506 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:38 PM

Do you plan on cloning a fruit? The reason I ask is because what you have is great. You think the success you're looking for would be one clone away, perhaps? Btw, your paremeters seem flush. I feel like I have to tweak them every grow to get the fae and humidity problem just right. Are your tubs simply monotubs with polyfil with maybe a fan to circulate the air? Man, I love your work and aspire to achieve half the level of expertise you have with exotics. You're an innovative pioneer paving the way for the rest of us cadets. :bow:

#22 usagolden

usagolden

A Tin Can Banana

• OG VIP
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:43 PM

way to go, amigo
you are the man!
and your mushies are amazing

#23 Bobcat

Bobcat

Selah!

• Expired Member
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:36 PM

Way to go! Thats damn fine work! I never got around to those but I did get a print at some point. lol. Lazy and forgetful... That's me!!!!

#24 Pilzkopf

Pilzkopf

Der Pilzreich Führer

• Expired Member
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:18 AM

May I ask if Semis tend to have issues with infection? I'm aware that they're a very prevalant mushroom, though I'm unfamiliar with their ability to 'hold their ground'.

Thanks,

- Pilzkopf

#25 CaptainFuture

CaptainFuture

Mushroom Maniac

• Free Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:51 AM

There are no special growing conditions. The only thing which is important is to have 10-12 degr. Celsius available to induce fruiting. The grow best while fruiting with 18degr. (which is the temp they now grow in).
I use plastic boxes with polyfill stuffed holes on top and ground. No fan, no nothing. Sprayed one time a day if necessary and introduce a bit air, too.

I don't know if I clone a fruit, I am still not actively growing atm. and therefore am a bit too lazy to do sterile work. I have clones from last years grow in the fridge. And Semis do not tend to be difficult to fruit. They really need the right moisture in the sub. And I tend to have them always had too wet.
It seems they are a bit wet this time, too. But still are doing well.

The cap does not seem to release spores, the caps with the somehow malformed gills loom a bit like Tampanensis Multispore Fruits.

Semilanceata mycel is slow & thin growing but gets thicker over time. Still the block/bag is not massively sticked together its more soft, you could easily press a finger inside the sub.
Therefore the myc is always endangered to mold, if it has wet spots.

#26 kocos

kocos

The PsYhead

• Expired Member
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:07 AM

Very cool Captain, as always. They are really strange looking libs but still amazing that you managed to pull of such an exellent flush! :bow:

#27 CaptainFuture

CaptainFuture

Mushroom Maniac

• Free Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:13 AM

Last pix before harvest:
IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

IMG_0388.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

I will test them on Sat, depending how many grs. they are I'll use add. natural grown, too. I need at least 1,5hgrs. with MAOi, so there might be enough of them.
I'll let you know if they are equal to natural grown fruits. They do blue on their feet, like their natural sisters. But have a much cleaner and more shroom-like odor, not the typical 'grass-smell'.

#28 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:39 PM

howd the test drive go?

#29 mydarling

mydarling

(actual mycologist)

• Expired Member
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:44 PM

holy jeebus!
i know there's a POTM nomination in there, i just gotta decide on 1 or 2 pics. :D
those are beautiful fruits & i love your photography!
:bow:

#30 CaptainFuture

CaptainFuture

Mushroom Maniac

• Free Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:51 PM

thanks for the potm. They do look different, but somehow beautiful with their rolled in caps.

And yes, they were really potent, same as the wild grown and even more powerful than stored Semi fruits from the fridge, due to some fresh non oxydised Psilocin in them!!!
It turned out to be 2.1 grs. dried and I took them all with 3grs. Peganum.
And I really had the strongest trip in my life, total ego loss for 3 hours and I definitely wasn't sure if I would ever come back...
Finally I now know that we are all one being- coming from pure energy which at some point in universe' history became solid. And that we are heavily struggling from our egos which let us think we're divided and all on our own.
I will never be Ego driven again and I feel so much better and cleaned. After 35yrs. I am now totally my real self and in peace with my life. YEAH!

Edited by CaptainFuture, 16 December 2010 - 05:17 PM.

• kcmoxtractor and roscoe like this

#31 Danko

Danko

Heathen

• Expired Member
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

Wow! Finally get to hear a trip report from CaptainFuture. Glad to hear you landed safely. Love to see your amazing grows. :bow: :bow: :bow:

#32 mydarling

mydarling

(actual mycologist)

• Expired Member
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

awesome report CF, you rock! :hippie:

here's a link to your POTM nomination ;)
http://mycotopia.net...html#post971388

#33 Om shanti

Om shanti

S.W.I.M. in H.POO

• Expired Member
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:29 PM

Stunning results. :bow:
2+ grams of semilanceata with harmala definitely sounds pretty erhmm.. crazy, or in this case cosmic. Glad you had such a great experience!!

#34 Djaanteh

Djaanteh

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:11 AM

There are no special growing conditions. The only thing which is important is to have 10-12 degr. Celsius available to induce fruiting. The grow best while fruiting with 18degr. (which is the temp they now grow in).

They really need the right moisture in the sub. And I tend to have them always had too wet.
It seems they are a bit wet this time, too. But still are doing well.

Semilanceata mycel is slow & thin growing but gets thicker over time. Still the block/bag is not massively sticked together its more soft, you could easily press a finger inside the sub.
Therefore the myc is always endangered to mold, if it has wet spots.

May I express again sir my admiration for a job well done. My own endeavours have brought me by a different path to the same point.
If you have not already, you may wish to check out my first grow here:
http://mycotopia.net...s-grow-log.html

I was inspired to try semis because I read your report. Thank you!
I also had access to no other genetics, so I decided to use what I had, a 3 month old dried Liberty Cap.

So nao after much adventure, I have placed a cake into fruiting initiitaion at around 11 ^C.
How long should it stay at that temp?

How about light?
How many hours a day?
Intensity?

You mention quoted above moisture being important. Can you describe an observable condition to go by?
Have you any recent details?

Thanks again

Djaanteh

#35 happydaze

happydaze

Fun Guy

• Expired Member
  • 444 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:30 AM

CF, you rock. Never seens that many liberty caps in one place. Setin the bar pretty high.

Happy

#36 slacker

slacker

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:14 PM

:bow::bow:
Very nice!!
Do you know which coast in Canada they originated from? They grow on both coasts, thousands of miles apart but not in any of the interior.
Is there a reason you only eat semis, Captain?

#37 bFuryDuck

bFuryDuck

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

U shore its Psilocybe Semilanceata? dont looks like it but im 100% shore they r Active, wild ones in nature looks different.

#38 roscoe

roscoe

Not a mycologist.

• OG VIP
  • 2,842 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

Many species active or not look very different in culture than they do in the wild.

#39 champa

champa

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

I am absolutely on and some that are not PS

There are several factors to be on that it is about Ps

The hat has an "ombont". A pacifier on the top of the cap

Phrygian caps, or miberty cap' is real name, because he s got a 'ombont' ans he hat does not wind on him even " the margin " I do not know how you say that in english.
The hat has a cuticle, goes out of glaireuse envelope, and it changes color with the age and the ensolleiment.

I went quite a lot of time to pick this variety in my country

I know it by heart, and I say it, they are not semi psilo

Roughly, this strain, I know not what what c ' is but it reminds me has psilocybe mexicana but brown.

Look at photo of the net), you will see,

But nothing deprive of the work which made captainfuture, well on.

The best shroom on the world, psilocybe semilanceata..... My psychonaute beginning with hallucinogène....

#40 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

This is a warning-

This thread is off track. These are semis. Cultivated mushrooms can appear
differently than their wild versions. Sometimes cultivated mushrooms can even
have two different variations from the same petri. Take ps. semperviva for
example. Two radically different phenotypes from the same culture. One matures
fairly quickly and makes very large fruits, the other is very slow to mature and is smaller.

What it comes down to is trust your spore supplier. He even mentioned in the
first post that the spores were identified by Workman (a trusted mycologist).
Spore identification is much more accurate than visual ID of a mature mushroom.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!