Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:37 AM

Nice man, very motivating.

#42 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:19 AM

If the substrates are dry you can use a similar rig as this for dunking. Use identical containers as the substrate containers for this. This way you can keep the substrate submeged during the dunk and then you can remove the weights and use the empty container for draining as well. This way you don't have to touch the substrates at all during the draining. Those aluminum trays will get holes eventually from the metabolites. If so, you'll need to find an alternative method for dunking.

Attached Thumbnails

• pasturizingrig.jpg

#43 altered_states

altered_states

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 02:14 PM

Congrats on the flush...
Restaurant quality. ;)

Peace,
AS

#44 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:44 PM

Nice thread! Great job!!!!

:headbang:

Cambo's are rockin'!

#45 apokalypse

apokalypse

Dr. Durgs

• Expired Member
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:32 PM

Flushie #2 for cambo, still rockin'. 114g wet.

Attached Thumbnails

• IM000123s.jpg

#46 silly1oftheworm

silly1oftheworm

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:58 PM

DO NOT USE FOAM....unless you can sterilize regularly. I tried this to "help" seal up my incubation chamber. After 3 weeks, funky green spots!!!!! Mold showed up. I did not bleach or attempt to sterilize b4 using as this was just an incubation chamber. My jars were in another box with only a few tiny holes using verm topped pf tek. so wasnt awfully concerned with sterilizing everything---Luckily no contams but I know better now!!!!!

I'm gonna try to put some more weight along the sides, or possibly even go pick up some foam and attach it to the sides where the lid snaps down, to keep it sealed nicely. Has anyone in the community ever attempted something to this effect? I used the same style tub for a bulk sub last summer and it stayed very humid, maybe its the temperature thats bugging out on it.. room temp is 25-27C (77-81F).

#47 apokalypse

apokalypse

Dr. Durgs

• Expired Member
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:54 AM

Ahh, yeah that never happened, so nothing to worry about :). The tub seems to do fine as it is, haven't spotted any mold outside of a few jars.

#48 _KlUe

_KlUe

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:03 AM

Hey apokalypse,
I'm growing cambodians for my first grow.. I love how yours turned out... hoping mine will be as good!
Peace

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!