Frequency

Code Demon

• Expired Member
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:53 PM

Phoenix Tears
Let's Cure Cancer

Introduction
A few friends and I have taken it upon ourselves, fully flexing our MMJ privileges, attempting to help a friend's mother in need. She has a form of brain cancer that attacks the glia holding the neurons together. It's very aggressive and we were looking for any way to help. We learned about an NP extraction of cannabis material that used only medical grade bud material (no leaves or trim) and the result is an over 90% pure THC liquid concentrate that Rick Simpson claims cures cancer.

This is what we did and how we did it.

Grind Time
5.jpg

56g of premium dank buds were ground finely and tossed into an HDPE bucket lined with an HDPE ice hash bag. The largest micron available in the set. Not sure exactly the size used, but it's the biggest one you can buy.

Non-Polar Washing
12.jpg

A half-pint of Naphtha was added at a time to the cannabis powder in the hash bag until it was saturated to field capacity. Then several cups (via the mason jar) were run through it and washed. ~2000ml were used total or about 8 cups.

Now stop... Strainer Time!
16.jpg

The filter bag is picked up and squeezed clean of all NP. The washes collected in the bucket and the combined washes were then run through a coffee filter wet with fresh NP.

Further Filtering
26.jpg

It's a slow painful process to filter, but with stirring and care it can be expedited. As it filters, you will notice plant material separating from green NP and a black tar now crashing out of the solvent.

This black tar is what we're after. It contains almost all THC in liquid crystal form which is devoid of terpines, tannins, chlorophyll, or other unwanted components of typical hash/concentrates. This is Phoenix Tears. It is extremely potent and medicinal.

The mass of plant material left over in the coffee filter after final squeezing was washed a second time with 200ml of NP to see what was left over from the main 2000ml run. The main 2000ml wash was evaporated slowly in a slow-cooker while the second 200ml wash was quickly evapped with an electric hot-plate.

Next post covers both runs' reducing, cleaning, and processing. :hippie:

Attached Thumbnails

• 25.jpg
  • 23.jpg
  • 24.jpg
  • 21.jpg
  • 22.jpg
  • 19.jpg
  • 20.jpg
  • 18.jpg
  • 17.jpg
  • 15.jpg
  • 14.jpg
  • 10.jpg
  • 11.jpg
  • 13.jpg
  • 9.jpg
  • 6.jpg
  • 7.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg

Edited by Irishlion, 09 April 2011 - 01:43 PM.

• grimes390, clownfish159, TurkeyRanch and 3 others like this

#2 Frequency

Frequency

Code Demon

• Expired Member
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:23 AM

Boiler Room
29.jpg

The main 2L run of NP was evaporating slowly on the highest heat available by the slow-cooker (you don't want it above 300F generally to protect THC) all while the experimental 200ml second run was boiled off. At first, it just started steaming a bit. The naphtha vapors are heavy and sit in the hot-plate until assisted with moving air to fall out onto the counter-top. There was a thin layer of liquid solvent all over the counter top. Air-movement is a must.

33.jpg

After a few minutes of smogging up, it started to boil at around 290F. It's really something to witness solvent boiling freely in front of you. SAFETY GEAR IS A MUST! At least a pair of goggles for your eyes. Very pretty and awe-inspiring to watch. As it boiled down to dryness I tossed in a capful of h2o. The last bit of NP boiling off forms an azeotrope with the water molecules and vaporizes readily. Clean tar now remains to be scraped up!

2nd Run Scrape
41.jpg

That second pass was worth it after all. To test purity, strength, and effects, we scraped up the 200ml run yield onto a few pieces of bud and papers. It soaked up readily. :rasta: Dear GOD was it potent! :amazed: A small bud soaked in no more than 0.5ml of the stuff was split into 3 pieces and smoked separately. Each time one was high for over 4 hours. Very high. Very medicated. The most intense THC experience one has ever had.

Final Phase
44.jpg

The 2L run had been slowly evapping on high heat (highest setting on the crock-pot) until only black tar remained. A capful of water was added near the end of the NP evaporation to ensure an azeotrope was formed with the last bit of NP and thus surely evaporated.

The black tar (Phoenix Tears) was collected into a small stainless-steel half-cup measuring cup. The measuring cup full of approximately 20g of concentrate (from 56g of starting bud material) was rid of any possible remaining NP via candle warmer. After about an hour on the candle warmer, there were no more visible bubbles coming from the tar. This is a sign of clean and ready product.

Final Product
45.jpg

The final product is administered orally 0.25ml 3x daily to fight cancer. This is Phoenix Tears. We shall see... This extract kicked ISO, Glycerin, and Ethanol's ass. Butane may be the only way to a cleaner product. Questions and comments welcome.

Love :heart:

Frequency

Attached Thumbnails

• 42.jpg
  • 43.jpg
  • 40.jpg
  • 39.jpg
  • 38.jpg
  • 37.jpg
  • 36.jpg
  • 35.jpg
  • 34.jpg
  • 31.jpg
  • 32.jpg
  • 30.jpg
  • 27.jpg
  • 28.jpg

Edited by Irishlion, 09 April 2011 - 01:41 PM.

• paph, kocos, mydarling and 5 others like this

#3 Enigma

Enigma

Ripper Tripper

• Expired Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:56 AM

:eusa_clap That will have to be done some time.
  • Frequency likes this

#4 simpleman

simpleman

Screaming at the Moon

• Expired Member
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:05 AM

That's awesome you guys are trying to help that woman. Much respect+++
  • Frequency likes this

#5 SuperiorObligation

SuperiorObligation

Naturally-Occurring

• Expired Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:13 AM

Nice write-up. Am diggin' the phoenix tears.
  • Frequency likes this

#6 Bulk

Bulk

Plausibly Deniable

• Expired Member
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:21 AM

Phoenix Tears to my understanding was done with ISO.
And the product was always eaten.
I've met the man myself at a conference in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
He's a great guy, with a better cause.

Can you believe Capital Health wouldn't even consider his amazing results, they just said "I'm sorry, we don't investigate natural health supplements".
The man comes to you with staggering information about a possibility (and proof) that cancer can be cured, and you shrug him off....

I always wondered about using naptha to pull THC. I was told it wasn't that effective. Guess they were wrong!

Good job!
Thanks for the inspiration!
:headbang:
  • Frequency likes this

#7 Dipole

Dipole

Legalize Cannabis

• OG VIP
  • 3,086 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:52 AM

I hope the therapy is successful.
  • Frequency likes this

#8 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,873 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:26 PM

Great Write-up and Pictorial.
Definitely some good reading. I truly hope that your work does indeed help your friend. I'd love to hear about a cure but if nothing else an oil of that potency should at the very minimum ease the suffering.
Much love and respect Freq.
  • Frequency likes this

#9 Pscyanescens

Pscyanescens

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:22 PM

nice tek great write up
  • Frequency likes this

#10 Morgoth

Morgoth

Iluvatar

• Expired Member
  • 346 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:39 PM

Frequency... you are the man. :eusa_clap

Very well done, beautiful product, and a noble purpose. :bow:

Doesn't get much better

Hope it helps your friends mother

Much Love :weedpoke::rasta:

#11 kocos

kocos

The PsYhead

• Expired Member
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:57 PM

As always a wonderfull wright up man. And it really is respectfull that your all trying to help. I have done some reading on the subject and find it quite amazing, yet another valuable asset of this wonderfull plant.
I will def have to give this a go sometime! :bow:
  • Frequency likes this

#12 grimes390

grimes390

Pain is just a Sensation

• Expired Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

Nice thread! and hella nice teki =D As for the cancer aspect, I know the government knows cancer and other "Uncurables" can be cured with herbs and natural remedies. Research has been done and shown for instance...cancer NEEDS HIGH ACID and FAT enviroment and blocks the signals that tell cells to stop growing, hence big cancer tumors and shit (lowdown basic explanation) Cannabis has been PROVEN to re establish taht link and communication, telling cells to STOP and die. Cancer can be beaten and eradicated by starving it of high acid or fatty foods aswell as a certain regime of Bud...tests would have to be run. how do i know this works? because in 1981 my Grandpa was diagnosed with industrial lung cancer and was given 6 mo to live. My grandma has delt in herbs for over 60 years and she said FUCK THAT SHIT (Not litterally) and started my gramps on herbs and vitamins (alot of em) and a special low fat diet that consisted of pretty much just garden veggies and chicken or lean fish. Almost NO sugar or bad fats. And 7 years later my gramps wakes up and feels like hes choking so he starts coughing and coughing and up comes this golfball size black chunk of the nastiest shit youve ever seen. That morning he goes to doctor, takes the black chunk and guess what? The black chunk is 100% cancer cells and theres not a trace of cancer in my gramps body. This is 100% true not some b/s stoner story or something.
So fuck the FDA and governments bull shit. I have seen it done. I also think its amusing that in the National cancer society has it in ther Bi laws that IF A CURE TO CANCER IS EVER FOUND THE NCA MUST SHUT DOWN. its not worded exactly like that but thats basicly what it says. The FDA makes ALOT of money from UN NECESSARY BULL SHIT that just makes you sicker.

Unfortunatly The world now adays is all about money. They dont give a flying shit about anyone or anything except there bank accounts. Which will unfortunatly result in The same thing happening to America that has happened to every single other big nation to rise to power. To much fucking greed and worthless lazy people wanting nothign but handouts. Im sry...there are people who DO NEED medicaid and shit but MOST OF THEM are perfectly capable of going out and getting a fucking job. So they just sit on there ass and ask for freebies instead of BEING A FUCKING AMERICAN AND WORKING FOR WHAT YOU WANT. Thats what this country was founded on...not fucking handouts. But ya...sry lol im going on a rant. I'm just so sick of alot of things going on...and its not gonna be long before some serious shit starts popping off. Unless someone rises to power who isnt afraid to tell the right people to go fuck them selves THIS IS HOW ITS GONNA BE DONE...well were doomed to the same fate as the romans, greeks, ancient chinese ext...

but ya...im done lol

pce
  • roc likes this

#13 shewolfx

shewolfx

Hippies of my time

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:17 PM

As a cancer survior thats awesome how you guys are finding new things
Bad Ass

#14 Frequency

Frequency

Code Demon

• Expired Member
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:25 PM

Thanks for showing love everyone. :heart: We will continue to attempt treatment of this vicious disease. Take into consideration that our friend's mother has never smoked cannabis recreationally. She's weaning into the experience with hope in her eyes and we're all very proud of her. I'll keep this thread updated as we find out more on her condition and quality-of-life.

Bulk: The Phoenix Tears tek has always called for NP. ISO is polar and pulls out everything with the THC including tannins, lipids, chlorophyll, oils, etc. NP pulls out just THC with the bare minimum of oils. You can't get purer than this although I've heard, but not yet seen, that butane can create a purer product. I've seen and done CCE's (cold critical extractions) but wasn't as impressed as I am with NP.

Has anyone one both to compare? Cheers. :hippie:

#15 mimosadmtastronaut

mimosadmtastronaut

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:11 PM

Freq- amazing tek. great write up and its wonderful to hear about this special plant helping out someone who really needs it. Best of luck in her health- she will be in my thoughts.

Could this be done in a smaller scale-i.e. more along the lines of 10g to hopefully get about 1g or so of remaining product?

#16 bear

bear

Silly Animal

• Expired Member
  • 984 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:35 PM

Interesting that Naptha and Petroleum Ether make such a different product.
  • usagolden likes this

#17 usagolden

usagolden

A Tin Can Banana

• OG VIP
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

very nifty writeup, freq
keep us posted on her condition if you don't mind
i'd be interested to hear how the medicine works for her

#18 mydarling

mydarling

(actual mycologist)

• Expired Member
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:08 PM

ARCHIVE MATERIAL :teeth:

freq, you and your friends are truly kind souls.
i love how you can see all the friends in the photos, helping with the process. it feels like a loving community activity. extracting precious medicine for your dear friend in need.
thanks for taking the time to upload all the pics, write such a thorough tek, and share this knowledge with mycotopia!

i am sending good vibes to your friend's mom. kudos to her for taking a leap of faith with this, and to you all for providing it to her! if it doesn't cure her cancer, surely it will lift her spirits knowing how much care went into this medicine. and of course, ease her physical suffering as well.

:heartbeat
  • Frequency likes this

#19 eeksy

eeksy

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:13 PM

Frequency you are doing a great thing man. It's pretty sad that the cancer industry has literally convinced us that pumping poisons in us, shooting toxic radiation at ourselves, and cutting ourselves up are the only choices we have against cancer. It's pretty disgusting that most people will wholeheartedly go through with these extreme treatments thinking that they have no other option.
I'm a firm believer in dieting strictly to help fight cancer. You deny the cancer cells what they need to thrive by restricting your diet. Good diet can reverse a lot more than just cancer. There is a similar treatment for those looking to rid themselves of Candida, an intestinal fungus, which effects nearly everyone but in some individuals an overgrowth can occur. Medicine needs to start rediscovering it's roots again and explore all realms of healing, not just compounds which can only be synthesized on a lab.
looks like I got a little riled up as well :dance:
Anyway, be really interesting to see how this woman progresses Frequency. I hope she shows some signs of improvement :)
off to mars
:smokin:

#20 grimes390

grimes390

Pain is just a Sensation

• Expired Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:22 AM

dude, just a thought. Maybe you guys should document this like a study? So that when you beat this cancer you can have data to support your claim. Document the doses you give her on a day by day basis aswell as her progress, or god forbid decline. Dunno...just a thought.

pce and god bless you bro

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!