• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Rowson

Rowson

o.O

• OG VIP
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:36 AM

Yes, I just read this thread and would like to see an update if possible. I hope things are still going good for your friends mom sending some good vibes her way :)

#42 Frequency

Frequency

Code Demon

• Expired Member
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:29 AM

Thanks for the positive vibes and support everyone. I'm sad to say the patient discontinued the treatment because of the high it gives her. She has never used cannabis (or any recreational drugs) before and it was just too strong for her to deal with and function every day. She was discouraged by this and decided not to continue the treatment.

We will continue to help and encourage her along her path as she chooses.

With deep respect,

Frequency

#43 i like cow poo

i like cow poo

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:05 PM

Thats a shame. Perhaps she should take a smaller dosage?

#44 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,202 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:33 PM

Frequency,

Respectfully, for someone who has never smoked in her life, maybe she wasn't ready for one of the most potent cannabis products in existence! I applaud your effort and especially your intent. Maybe if she changes her mind and is willing to try again, she can vaporize some mid-grade buds instead.

PS Thanks for the tek! A really solid writeup here, and something I'd be interested in trying.

#45 Frequency

Frequency

Code Demon

• Expired Member
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:41 PM

Thats a shame. Perhaps she should take a smaller dosage?

It is a shame. Smaller doses do not cure cancer or rid people of tumors.

Frequency,

Respectfully, for someone who has never smoked in her life, maybe she wasn't ready for one of the most potent cannabis products in existence! I applaud your effort and especially your intent. Maybe if she changes her mind and is willing to try again, she can vaporize some mid-grade buds instead.

PS Thanks for the tek! A really solid writeup here, and something I'd be interested in trying.

Thank you Sidestreet. As I mentioned above taking smaller doses (or vaping middies) do not cure cancer or rid people of tumors. To paraphrase Terence McKenna during his final days, "Doc, if smoking pot cured cancer I wouldn't be in this mess."

If only we could smoke a little to cure cancer. Alas, it is with only large concentrated quantities that it's anti-cancer effects are seen. The only thing we can do is spread the information and hope that someday these people can be free of cancer and disease, exiled from the tyranny of Big Pharma.

Respect.

#46 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,202 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:49 AM

Thank you Sidestreet. As I mentioned above taking smaller doses (or vaping middies) do not cure cancer or rid people of tumors. To paraphrase Terence McKenna during his final days, "Doc, if smoking pot cured cancer I wouldn't be in this mess."

Oh I gotcha. Are there any studies floating around where I could read about this in more detail?

"Doc, if smoking pot cured cancer I wouldn't be in this mess."

I remember hearing that somewhere, it's a good one. :)

I hope she comes around to it, then. How is she, btw?

Edit: Oh, heres a bunch of abstracts posted by GuitarDude:

#47 Lilpilgrim

Lilpilgrim

Home Grown Green

• Expired Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

Thank You Frequency!! My Daughter has Cancer, The Cancer Migrated from her leg to her Lung's, after they operated... I WILL be using this tech, and I am growing some More Snow white + some Blackberry too just for this..

Thank's again Frequency..

Pilgrim
  • Frequency likes this

#48 emanon

emanon

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:36 PM

i have a pdf and permission to do what i feel fit with ...
problem is i dnt kno how to add a pdf to a forum.
i'll say this WOW! what a list it's an MMJ reference list (massive):dance:

in the mean time take a gander here for original from stormcrow https://www.greenpas...t-january-2011/ took her ages to compile,bless her alot of work went into this..and it's updated every year.
need little help to do it if ya want it as a permanent fixture..

peace.

#49 mimosadmtastronaut

mimosadmtastronaut

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:53 PM

i have a pdf and permission to do what i feel fit with ...
problem is i dnt kno how to add a pdf to a forum.

Go to reply, then Go Advanced, click on the paperclip, add the attachment by clicking on browse and select it. boom.

#50 Lilpilgrim

Lilpilgrim

Home Grown Green

• Expired Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

WOW is right, that's A big list!! So much info..

#51 Frequency

Frequency

Code Demon

• Expired Member
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Anyone have updates from using the oil? Happy to hear your stories :)

#52 Purple Mushroom Tip

Purple Mushroom Tip

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 686 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

Can you believe Capital Health wouldn't even consider his amazing results, they just said "I'm sorry, we don't investigate natural health supplements".
The man comes to you with staggering information about a possibility (and proof) that cancer can be cured, and you shrug him off....

:headbang:

not trying to be a dick, this is an honest questions: can you point me to anything peer reviewed or based on a scientific study that I can ready about this?

#53 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,561 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

A few places to start:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....8?dopt=Abstract

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16078104

http://www.healthier...eard-about-3361

http://www.projectce...tumor-research/

http://www.cancer.go...fessional/page4

#54 MrGumball

MrGumball

show me do it

• OG VIP
  • 2,339 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Another good one. Often referenced: Cannabinoids: Potential Anticancer Agents

Abstract

Cannabinoids — the active components of Cannabis sativa and their derivatives — exert palliative effects in cancer patients by preventing nausea, vomiting and pain and by stimulating appetite. In addition, these compounds have been shown to inhibit the growth of tumour cells inculture and animal models by modulating key cell-signalling pathways. Cannabinoids are usually well tolerated, and do not produce the generalized toxic effects of conventional chemotherapies. So, could cannabinoids be used to develop new anticancer therapies?

Pallative effects of cannabis are well known and accepted. Unfortunately, more antitumor research needs to be done (on humans) as most of it is done on rats and mice. The first link that TV posted is from 2006 and was a study that included 9 patients (human) with varying rates of success in curbing growth rate of cancer. Despite that, most patients clinical symptoms improved with administration of THC.

Another by Guzman: Toward the use of cannabinoids as antitumor agents

Abstract

Various reports have shown that cannabinoids (the active components of marijuana and their derivatives) can reduce tumour growth and progression in animal models of cancer, in addition to their well-known palliative effects on some cancer-associated symptoms. This Opinion article discusses our current understanding of cannabinoids as antitumour agents, focusing on recent insights into the molecular mechanisms of action, including emerging resistance mechanisms and opportunities for combination therapy approaches. Such knowledge is required for the optimization of preclinical cannabinoid-based therapies and for the preliminary clinical testing that is currently underway.

Comments on the anti-tumor human study (first link by TV):

In a pilot Phase I clinical study, nine patients with actively growing recurrent glioblastoma who had previously failed standard therapy underwent intracranial THC administration. Under these conditions, cannabinoid delivery was safe and could be achieved without substantial unwanted effects. In addition, although no significant conclusions can be extracted from a cohort of nine patients, the results obtained in that study suggested that some patients responded — at least partially — to THC treatment in terms of decreased tumour growth rate, as evaluated by magnetic resonance imaging. Importantly, analyses of samples obtained from two patients in the study before and after THC administration indicated that the molecular mechanism of cannabinoid antitumour action discussed above (p8 and TRIB3..........) also occurs in cancer patients. These findings were encouraging, and they reinforced the interest in the potential use of cannabinoids in cancer therapies. However, they also highlighted the need for further research that aims to optimize the use of cannabinoids in terms of patient selection, combinations with other anticancer agents and the use of other routes of administration

Edited by MrGumball, 16 February 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#55 Tango0202

Tango0202

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 322 posts

Donator

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

Where can I buy that Naptha at? Hardware store?

#56 Tango0202

Tango0202

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 322 posts

Donator

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

This is the one that I got...didnt get it from amazon but same stuff. Will this work?

http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B001G9TGQI

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!