#41 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:54 AM

this isnt the only problem remington has had. seen pics of their shotguns exploded as well. you couldnt give me a remington shotgun.

I haven't heard that do you have a link? I'm a Mossberg and Winchester girl myself when it comes to a shotgun.;)

#42 crimson binome

crimson binome

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:26 AM

I haven't heard that do you have a link? I'm a Mossberg and Winchester girl myself when it comes to a shotgun.;)

i had a magazine with 4 pages of pics of exploded remington shotguns. one famous case a guy lost his arm in a 1187 explosion.

i prefer a Ithaca myself.

#43 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 782 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

this isnt the only problem remington has had. seen pics of their shotguns exploded as well. you couldnt give me a remington shotgun.

Interesting! Supposedly the Remington 870 is one of the best selling shotguns. Makes me think twice now. I wanted a tactical but wouldn't want to lose an arm.

#44 crimson binome

crimson binome

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:41 PM

Interesting! Supposedly the Remington 870 is one of the best selling shotguns. Makes me think twice now. I wanted a tactical but wouldn't want to lose an arm.

http://www.ithacagun...defense37s.html

been around for decades. tried and true.

#45 Peyote

Peyote

Peyote Coyote

• OG VIP
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

hate mossberg had one jam up on me much to my embarrassment. threw it in the truck and went and got a browning...never looked back

#46 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

Remi 870's and Mossb 500's are some of the most popular shotguns out there. There were probably more of those two shotguns manufactured than all the other shotguns brands put together. It isn't surprising that they have more guns with problems. But if you looked at the number of theirr guns with problems by percentage of them manufactured then their numbers are probably about the same as other makes. I'll try to explain it in easier terms: more Ford cars will get flat tires than Rolls Royces. It's not because Ford cars have bad tires, it's just that there are more of them.

#47 Peyote

Peyote

Peyote Coyote

• OG VIP
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

Remi 870's and Mossb 500's are some of the most popular shotguns out there. There were probably more of those two shotguns manufactured than all the other shotguns brands put together. It isn't surprising that they have more guns with problems. But if you looked at the number of theirr guns with problems by percentage of them manufactured then their numbers are probably about the same as other makes. I'll try to explain it in easier terms: more Ford cars will get flat tires than Rolls Royces. It's not because Ford cars have bad tires, it's just that there are more of them.

mossberg 500 pump shotties are just shoddy manufacture .... i was disappointed, cheap parts, cheap material...good gun to learn on....

#48 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

I like the Winchester 1300 Defender. They don't make them anymore but I love that gun. 7 with 1 in the chamber it's a great shot gun it's smooth and very accurate. I really love that shotty but I have a lot of favorites.;)

#49 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,641 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

mossberg 500 pump shotties are just shoddy manufacture .... i was disappointed, cheap parts, cheap material...good gun to learn on....

i would have to agree... i took hips 12 gauge mossberg to my gunsmith because it would only fire one shot... and after a few days he gave it back to me and told me that i had a real nice one shot shotgun! :lol: yeah!! better make that one shot count! at least until i can get the double barrel shotgun from underneath my bed!

#50 Peyote

Peyote

Peyote Coyote

• OG VIP
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

i would have to agree... i took hips 12 gauge mossberg to my gunsmith because it would only fire one shot... and after a few days he gave it back to me and told me that i had a real nice one shot shotgun! :lol: yeah!! better make that one shot count! at least until i can get the double barrel shotgun from underneath my bed!

ill take some pics of my double barrel...browning cynergy field classic with custom modifications to the stock. i love brownings.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!