• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 MushyMigushy

MushyMigushy

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:49 AM

looking to make some tea got some fresh mushies, anybody know a good recipe. I made it before but I don't remember exactly cut em up boil em for 12 minutes and strain?

#2 AdSchepvla

AdSchepvla

Badoh negro symbiont

• Expired Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:06 AM

basically that's it. maybe a little less on the boiling and a little more on the adding something acidic. if you keep the temps at about 80 degrees celsius, you reduce the chance of your psilocin being boiled to rubbish. don't add anything sugarish if you dislike the flavor, try some mint and sage (me personal favorites). enjoy!

#3 MushyMigushy

MushyMigushy

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:24 AM

sweet thanks getting started right now

#4 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:50 AM

after heating, adding iced tea mix seems to make a decent tasting tea :thumbup:
unless you dont like sweet things, the sage and mint sound interesting as well.
i like it all natural too. Enjoy!

#5 PsychoDrogue

PsychoDrogue

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:03 AM

I used to boil, strain, flavor, and drink, but after an experience with a fellow topian i changed it up a bit.

Boil water, remove from heat, add acidic juice (a shot or two), and pour it into a glass already holding your shredded dose. Only put enough of the liquid to fully submerge your dose. Just a few shots worth, and let it sit for 5 minutes. Strain, add ice if necessary, and drink.

Using my original method, I would always end up with more water than I wanted when the process was done. You can always reduce the dose on the stove, but it more time. Still ends up only a mugs worth but a shot vs a full cup can mean a world of difference as far as my stomach is concerned.

#6 McDozd

McDozd

In this moment

• OG VIP
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:03 AM

This tek will blow your tops off. Its a great place to start, and you can modify it for taste like I do should it be a bit stout for you.
http://mycotopia.net...in-tea-tek.html

Mc
:eusa_clap

#7 Mike-420

Mike-420

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 879 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

mmmm Mushroom tea.... Reminds me of the recipie i'll be using this morning to injest about 6-7 grams of fly agarics...

Tho imma be using hot tea bags .. Celestial Seasonins Peach Passion :D 100% all naturl tea Caffeine free woot!
  • mycobri likes this

#8 deamsterphile

deamsterphile

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

I got this recipe from a website of doctors advising home remedies for chronic migraine sufferers.

They said you should boil the water first, just enough to cover the mushies

Take it off the heat and add your mushies, let stand(steep) for 15min

meanwhile boil more water

Strain the mushies out, from the first step, add something with vitamin C, to preserve the actives

then take the strained material and steep another 10-15 mins in the newly boiled water

strain and combine the 2 sets of washes

I have found using about 2-4 ounces of water per gram of dried material comes out to be not to much to drink

#9 gonefishen

gonefishen

cactus protector

• Free Member
  • 476 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:42 PM

other than being able to avoid eating mushrooms.. what is the point seems like alot of work just to avoid a few grams of mushies.
does teaing pull out more goodies?
or does it act faster?
just curious
very cool stuff guys:loveeyes:

#10 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:47 PM

It hits a LOT faster, not to mention I have less stomach issues with tea. I usually have a rapid come-up after about 15 minutes with tea. After making nice tea my first time, I've never eaten another mushroom. :amazed:

#11 Mike-420

Mike-420

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 879 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:47 PM

Tea will definitly kick in faster.. faster you absorb it :D

#12 Mushroom Kingdom

Mushroom Kingdom

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

I WILL NEVER EAT MUSHIES AGAIN!!! I did tea once and it blew my mind away into the next dimension... It hits faster and seemed to effectively extract more of the magic so it hit MUCH harder (at least for me). I just boiled some water, steeped them in a coffee filter with tea for 5 min, then let them chill in the juice for 10. Pressed the mushies to get all the juice out, added a little honey :) Great shit man!

#13 MrGumball

MrGumball

show me do it

• Expired Member
  • 2,339 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

sweet thanks getting started right now

How was it?

#14 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,681 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:11 PM

I LOVE this recipe (thanks, TVCasualty :bow:)

1. Grind the mushies to powder and soak in a small amount of lime juice for 20 minutes.

2. Put the whole shebang into hot (not boiling) water with a tea bag to steep for five minutes.

3. Strain, discard all mushie material.

4. Add sugar to taste.

This lime juice method gets rid of ALL of my body load. No yawns, no stretches, no uncomfortable restlessness. Also, it hits me faster and harder. Love it.
  • phlegmbae and Lookin 2 Grow like this

#15 Mike-420

Mike-420

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 879 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:13 PM

Hey sidestreet have you done that method with just cubies? or have you tried that with p. Cyans as well?

I ask cuz the cyans without a acidic juice are soooooo potent adding the acidic juices omg im not sure i could handle that kinda trip lol

#16 Bulk

Bulk

Plausibly Deniable

• Expired Member
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

Hey sidestreet have you done that method with just cubies? or have you tried that with p. Cyans as well?

I ask cuz the cyans without a acidic juice are soooooo potent adding the acidic juices omg im not sure i could handle that kinda trip lol

Yep should work fine....their both the same chemical.

#17 cyansam

cyansam

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:52 AM

I use a potato masher to mash them as they boil into a pulp.. I then strain out the pulp and squeeze it into a ball leaving a "mush ball" to throw at one of your friends.

The tea is much richer this way.

#18 Theodore Blass

Theodore Blass

On vacation

• Expired Member
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:00 AM

1. Grind the mushies to powder and soak in a small amount of lime juice for 20 minutes.

2. Put the whole shebang into hot (not boiling) water with a tea bag to steep for five minutes.

4. Add sugar to taste.

This lime juice method gets rid of ALL of my body load. No yawns, no stretches, no uncomfortable restlessness. Also, it hits me faster and harder. Love it.

+1 on that.
Biggggg time. :crazy1:

#19 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka dew drop daddy

• OG VIP
  • 1,993 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:42 AM

4. Add sugar to taste.

:amazed: This is the BEST!!! :bow:

#20 morthos

morthos

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 605 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:30 PM

So what I'm getting out of this is:

1. Powder or crush mushrooms. Soak in lime juice 20 min.
2. Add to gently boiling water & let boil roll on low until they go more brown.
3. Strain. Place mushrooms in a second volume of boiling water for 15 min.
4. Strain 2nd volume, combine volumes. Flavor & drink.

Without the lime juice I'd been adding a teaspoon of vitamin C crystals; I presume they do the same thing? I also have a digentive tablet containing papaya 30 min before + just before the tea to aid the stomach.

Any other ways this can be improved? I don't mind the extra prep time.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!