#21 paph

paph

Future Sailor

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,529 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:43 PM

I also use TVCasualty's method.:bow:

I always use a peppermint tea bag and add a little chopped ginger to the mix as I get really bad problems with stomach cramps.

#22 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

you would do this. but leave out the jello part and just mix with cool aid and sugar. or even ice tea and sugar. but jello rocks the house.

http://mycotopia.net...llo-recipe.html

#23 slartibartfast42

slartibartfast42

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

I always go for the steeping rather than boiling method and like to add a little fresh ginger root in thin slices, I find it greatly reduces the nausea (and take my word for it i am pretty much a god in the whole puking up my testicles while tripping thing).

#24 morthos

morthos

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 593 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:06 AM

What I'm trying to determine is, which is the best method for extracting as much as possible into the tea? A double boil/ or steep/strain process sounds right, but which one - boil or steep?

I've read that overboiling may destroy, but also that the steep may not extract enough. A double extraction will be done with either method....

And finally, should there be a 20min line juice soak before either, or are vitamin C crystals in the steep/boil enough for the same purpose?

Thanks!

#25 morthos

morthos

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 593 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:29 PM

(bump)

#26 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,598 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

I would not bother with the double extraction, just because the cost in time and extra volume of liquid outweighs the extra little bit of potency you'd get (IMO). You'll have plenty of potency with one extraction. If you're not getting the desired results, use more boomer next time...

I don't know about the Vit C tablets. The lime juice is known to work. If you have luck with tablets, do a write up on it, but I'll stick to the juice. I feel like what makes this method work is the steeping of the mushrooms in concentrated lime juice before tea making.

Also, when I make tea I don't use boiling water, just nice and steaming hot.

So what I'm getting out of this is:

1. Powder or crush mushrooms. Soak in lime juice 20 min.
2. Add to gently boiling water & let boil roll on low until they go more brown.
3. Strain. Place mushrooms in a second volume of boiling water for 15 min.
4. Strain 2nd volume, combine volumes. Flavor & drink.

Without the lime juice I'd been adding a teaspoon of vitamin C crystals; I presume they do the same thing? I also have a digentive tablet containing papaya 30 min before + just before the tea to aid the stomach.

Any other ways this can be improved? I don't mind the extra prep time.

#27 morthos

morthos

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 593 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:22 PM

Thanks Sidestreet! I haven't done either the double extraction or the lime juice soaking. The vitamin C was added to the water as a powder; the tablets ingested contained papaya - this was only for comfort of the stomach.

Any advocates of double extraction out there?

#28 StheNC

StheNC

Filthy Creep

• Expired Member
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:22 PM

I always double extract, strain and squeeze, then reduce. A light boil won't hurt anything. I give it 15 mins on the first strain, 5 on the second usually.

I've never messed with additives other than tea bags and honey or sugar for flavor. And on one occasion, hot coccoa powder mix. Not sure I'll do that again.

#29 dad

dad

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

i pulverise my mushrooms in a food processer until they look like purple cole slaw , if dry shrooms i powder them in electric coffee grinder, eather way boil the water and then take it off the burner and let it set for couple of mins, i put the amount of shrooms i want in a large cup ,then i pour in the hot water and stir it every 5 mins after 20 mins i put in a bit of sugar ans a ice cube and down the hatch, i like a strong cup of tea ,and about 5 fresh shrooms to eat at the same time, that works good for me, you dont have to eat all the mush in the tea eather the heat take out almost all of the magic, you are just eating crap.....much love dad

#30 stacks

stacks

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

Made tea for the first time yesterday and prepared enough for 5 people. Shredded 15g of dried mush by hand, placed in pot, covered with water.. boiled softly for 15mins, strained with a tshirt and wrung out the mushroom matter.. then repeated the process again with the same mushroom matter.. combined both washes and a couple raspberry lemon tea bags.. added sugar to taste.. tossed the bowl in the freezer till it got nice n cold.. wallaaaah! was delicious and VERY potent. Sorry for the horrid run on sentence, I'm ripped haha. Peace

#31 mushrooms

mushrooms

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 857 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:34 AM

Tea kind of made me nautious. I like the fast come up, but damn it really hits hard. It's so much better than gulping them down.

#32 Spliff

Spliff

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

All about the fresh lime juice, this is my way

#33 kadencebox

kadencebox

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

Buy the best lemons you can find, honey and cranberry juice (the cocktail kind), chill your lemons and cranberry juice, squeeze your lemons, I use a coffee grinder to grind up the mushrooms then add it to enough lemon juice to cover it and be able to stir it around then add honey & cranberry juice to make it tasty, I make up extra and drink the remaining as you start to peak to keep your buzz going. I don't filter it just keep it stirred up and gulp it down, no bad taste and it seems to alleviate any pre-anxiety.

#34 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

Tea will definitly kick in faster.. faster you absorb it :D

Even faster is if you mix shroom powder with some honey (about 1 gram per level Tbs.) and just eat it or make a peanut butter ant honey sandwich. The body absorbs honey super fast and it brings along whatever goodies are mixed in it. You can also add the honey to tea but I like the taste of it by itself. It defenitely removes he athletes foot taste.

#35 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:16 PM

Good hot tea with ginger and key lime juice. :tongue:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!