• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Workman

Workman

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:30 PM

A superior fruiting isolate (lab designation #3) of Psilocybe tampanensis that produces normal printable mushrooms on the first flush. Earlier isolates tended to print poorly until the 3rd or later flush.

Attached Thumbnails

• Psilocybe_tampanensis_02.JPG

• Moonless likes this

#2 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:32 PM

:kewl:
:heartbeat

#3 arezap

arezap

Underfunded evil genius

• Expired Member
  • 593 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:00 PM

I wonder if my isolate will fruit first or produce stones first. I guess I'll have to wait and see. I'm getting ready to start a lc of this strain soon. I have some very light prints and hope they'll work out.

#4 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:30 PM

another righteous showing, Wm

I wonder if my isolate will fruit first or produce stones first. I guess I'll have to wait and see. I'm getting ready to start a lc of this strain soon. I have some very light prints and hope they'll work out.

ill be quickly corrected if im wrong but stones will come first, and you'll want to case the whole shabang (stones and all) if you want prolific fruiting.

#5 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:30 AM

picture perfect flush.
:bow:
also see
http://mycotopia.net...read.php?t=4989

#6 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:14 AM

:eusa_clap

Workman, beautiful like always! I love seeing the fruits from these sclerotia strains! Thanks!!!!!

#7 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:53 AM

Very nice, workman!

Why do you think some isolates wait until later flushes to drop spores.? I have some cloned sa going right now and they appear to be doing the same thing. Poor spore droppers on the first flush. I have had other strains do this to.

#8 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:09 AM

Wow another amazing picture from Workman. You da man!

#9 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:29 AM

very nice workman, must try the strain one day. kool pic
peace
siam

#10 Workman

Workman

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:52 AM

Very nice, workman!
Why do you think some isolates wait until later flushes to drop spores.? I have some cloned sa going right now and they appear to be doing the same thing. Poor spore droppers on the first flush. I have had other strains do this to.

I don't know, but its very aggravating. I can guess that something changes in the tray as flushes progress, such as nutrient levels and bacteria levels in the casing. Perhaps some strains are sensitive to these changes and only sporulate when the tray's composition is just so. I used to think I had to put up with tossing out several flushes of exotics to get spores. Now I see that with a little selection, strains that sporulate well on every flush can be found.

#11 python

python

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:55 AM

nice workman............

#12 Guest_pcsillypj_*

Guest_pcsillypj_*

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:09 PM

:eusa_clap
nice work again workman