• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:30 AM

there are 3 strains
Luna
Hoffman&Wasson
Blosser
There are seed, but they are rare and not desirable. The seed produces frail specimens compared to cloning. They are not easy plants to grow for alot of people.

#42 bassplar99

bassplar99

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:40 AM

All great info. How does salvia reproduce then in nature? And these frail specimens from seeds cannot be made to be stronger? Thanks everyone.

#43 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:50 AM

The plants have been propogated by cloning for many years. In the wild the plants grow and bend, where they touch the ground they take root. They sort of clone themselves. I have heard a few first hand accounts the seedlings are frail, and i honestly dont know of a way to make them stronger. The seeds hidra had, if im not mistaken were said by the vendor who gave them to him not to be salvia.

#44 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:37 AM

thx for the clarification, RM:)
what you describe (cloning in nature) is know as air-layering
is the Luna strain something new?
i think i remember hearing of this cultivar a couple yrs ago, maybe surfing ebay?am i way off?
any ideas on where to aquire divinorum seed in bulk?
id be glad to start a thread here in real-time utilizin various techniques and procedures and maybe we could figure it out..
id imagine it has most to do with when the seed is germinated, of course environment, and could even have to do with what part of the flower the seed came from.
trial and error on a large scale needs to be undertaken by someone and im up to the task, unfortunately i have not a supplier for such seed, i didnt even know it was available:eusa_eh:
Sally d has been on the wish list a LOOOONG time...since it it the market:)
if i do find the seeds rest assured there will be a thread started on it.

thx again for the enlightenment

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!