• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:27 PM

no problem. let us know how your grow turns out. good luck.

#22 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:38 PM

Sounds like typical bluing.

Trich usually does not grow on the fruit body, although I am sure it has happened. Butting up against the jar can certainly cause the bluing reaction.

If it did not wash off you are fine.

#23 InfectedMushroom420

InfectedMushroom420

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:58 PM

Thanks everyone, I can breath again hehe

#24 Mycolangelo

Mycolangelo

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 394 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:05 PM

One example of BRF cakes that have been in the fruiting chamber for 4 days. They are all getting fuzzy and look like some knots are begining to form.
Am I right?

Attached Thumbnails

• P2010036crf.jpg

#25 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:16 PM

Great photo :cool:

Should pop some mushrooms up here any time. Just remember to keep it humidified, and aired out.
I never get my cakes to pin before 14 days.

Enjoy watching them grow :)

#26 Mycolangelo

Mycolangelo

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 394 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:45 PM

Thanks Freakachino,
There are other cakes and I'm going to follow your simple straw TEK. Proly enough for six good logs.

#27 drgonzo1969

drgonzo1969

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:29 PM

those look like they need more fresh air. I think the mycelium puffs up like that and sometimes grows mutants if there isnt enough air circulation. A friend had some that looked like that and the stale air caused some green mold troubles.

#28 cutty

cutty

Gone Fishin'

• Expired Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:21 PM

Any day now and You'll see pins comin up....Keep us posted

#29 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:48 PM

That is a damned nice pic of a damned nice cake. Pins should come along any day...

#30 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:39 AM

i wished my forst cake looked so good as that...good pic
peace
siam

#31 Mycolangelo

Mycolangelo

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 394 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:27 AM

Here's a thought on the fuzzies. Last night six small straw logs were put together. When the BRF cakes were broken up they were very tough and felt dry, is this normal? Could the surface be getting fuzzy from a dryish cake now in the high humidity? Looks like strands of myc are reaching out to the moist air.

Attached Thumbnails

• P2010036c.jpg

#32 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:49 PM

thats some fluffy myc. I could just eat it right up

#33 surfanarchist

surfanarchist

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:21 PM

First off I want to thank everyone for getting me this far.
OK, I'm wondering if I should be concerned. I have 10 BRF cakes which all were inoculated at the same time and pretty much colonized at the same time. One has a set of pins which appear to have stalled and the rest of the cakes are just sitting there, taunting me. Here is the pics. It's been exactly one week since birth. Am I being impatiant? Should I drink a beer and chill? Another thing is the sides of some of the cakes have the slightest yellow tinge. Is that normal? Temps are 74 -78 F and RH at 98 - 99%. I'm running the bubbler (one pump supplies two hoses one at each end into a jar of water) for about 1 hour mid day and 1 hour middle of the night and fanning twice a day. No mist since the RH stays high. Any words of wisdom are more then welcome.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0320.jpg
  • IMG_0319.jpg

#34 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:43 PM

Just be patient those cakes look good. The yellow tinge is sometimes caused by excess water in the jars but nothing to worry about happens to me all the time.Are you using a Tropicair setup?What strain are you using. .If you don't notice anything in a week you can try a dunking.

#35 motograter

motograter

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 603 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:45 PM

Give it some time... few more days, maybe 10-13 days is average for my cakes. Those ones look pretty good though. Have they stalled, or are you watching them constantly?

#36 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:51 PM

Its so hard to wait sometimes....but patience will work for you. I try to occupy myself with reading, getting ready for prints, busy stuff. I feel if I'm busy around them, they'll be busy growin' :D Silly I know, but I like to believe :)

#37 surfanarchist

surfanarchist

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:05 PM

I have three strains going, PF, GT and PE. The GT is the one pinning. I'm using a fish tank pump with a two hose outlet. I have it in a glad container pulling air through a coffee filter See pic. I only run the pump about an hour when I'm sleeping and an hour when I'm at work. Should I up that and stop fanning?

And yes I do look at this thing constantly. I know I need to give them some privacy. It's just all too cool though. I think the pins have stalled. They are starting to get a little blue. I have added water to the verm.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0305.JPG
  • IMG_0307.JPG

#38 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:19 PM

I wouldn't bother with adding more water, you can drown pins. Pins shouldn't be directly misted or they can abort. I would give it 3 to 5 10 minute air exchanges a day.

#39 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:40 PM

Yeah just let em go for a bit. In my experience PE does not like cakes and is a weak fruiter on BR cakes. Which ones are which? Also a little indirect light helps sometimes. Chill a little on the watering, don't want to waterlog em. I know it's tough to not constantly poke and prod especially when you see those first few pins. But a little patience will go a long way for ya. Keep us posted though and feel free to ask any other questions you've got.

#40 ESanceOfCyan

ESanceOfCyan

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:04 PM

Your setup doesnt require "fanning" or "misting", it is an automated setup.
What is the rating on your air pump vs. the size of your FC?
You probly can just cut out the timer from the setup and run your airpumps constantly.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!