Photo
- - - - -

Pins and I'm confused (new b)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:03 AM

Yeah just let em go for a bit. In my experience PE does not like cakes and is a weak fruiter on BR cakes. Which ones are which? Also a little indirect light helps sometimes. Chill a little on the watering, don't want to waterlog em. I know it's tough to not constantly poke and prod especially when you see those first few pins. But a little patience will go a long way for ya. Keep us posted though and feel free to ask any other questions you've got.

Sharkie's definitely got something with the leave it alone idea... I, however, have had PE's fruit great on cakes, even invitro, so don't give up, I believe you'll have some fruits soon.. Good Luck!!

#42 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,705 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:30 AM

i've got five that says your watering them too much... those pins look waterlogged.. PE, from what i've seen start off looking like normal pins... those don't look normal.. they are bluing and the caps are small and the pins look like they are starting to abort. I also see that you tried rolling your cakes in verm.. looks like you rolled them in wet verm. try getting the bare cake wet first.. then BURRY it in a bowl of DRY verm. When you pull the cake out it should be coated with a thin layer of verm. your roll is going to do little to initiate pinning, which is what the roll/burry is for. :) pick up one of your cakes... if it seems a lot heavier than when you put it in there... it probably waterlogged... if you thinks this is the problem, keep the terrarium open for a while (couple hours at a time at the most). if this were my set up, i'd do that once a day until pins appear to be more healthy. :)
fahtster

#43 red_lenses

red_lenses

Pandoras Box Is Open

• Free Member
  • 423 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 02:07 PM

Here's a pic of some P.E. pins.
Yours do look wet.
Try increasing air exchange for a little while.
Best of luck
Red

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 021 (Medium).jpg

#44 MYmush

MYmush

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:34 PM

well actually i never had them to lose so sorry for the missleading topic
but i am curious because i nocced my 2 bags(tyvek filter patch bags) up a month ago and they have been fully colonized for about a week & 1/2 - two weeks.
although im a newb and really could be missing them i see no pins

i see some myclium growth that is sprouting upwords as if it may turn into a pin however i dont know if thats how pins start or not

any ideas on if this is a problem and how to solve it or if im just impatient.

i know some ppl dunk their cakes b4 their first fruiting cycle
would some water help them.

also too the past 5 days i have put them in indirect sunlight and have put a fan close to the filter patch. However i read that pins like co2 as apposed to air so now im considering no faning them. any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :)

#45 apokalypse

apokalypse

Dr. Durgs

• Expired Member
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:39 PM

Generally the air exchange (say if you had it in a tub) would be a few swipes with the lid a few times a day. I don't think air exchange is your problem here. Could be something to do with the light, if you've only recently been introducing light they'll take a few more days to start pinning.

#46 MYmush

MYmush

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:46 PM

thanks
its such a pain in the ass with corn as substrate
it turns a darker yellow and looks just like caps
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm caps
o well
i hope it is a time issue and not somthing i doing thats wrong

#47 apokalypse

apokalypse

Dr. Durgs

• Expired Member
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:09 PM

If you keep it around light you'll start to see little white balls forming, the primordia. These will start to grow towards the light and then the caps will appear slowly.

#48 nomoreusmc

nomoreusmc

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 940 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:18 AM

don't do anything for at least three weeks, mushies have their own time table, and they don't care anout yours!:rolleyes: After a month of no go, dunk and scrape, then dec.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!