8 replies to this topic

#1 Oblivion

Oblivion

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

Have a look at this.
These duck eggs are compared against two smaller chicken eggs. Our ducks lay two eggs a day whereas the chickens crank out one a day more or less. The shell of the duck egg is more pliable/less brittle. The membrane of the duck egg is also quite a bit tougher than the chicken egg. Taste goes to the chicken egg for me. The duck egg has a gamy flavor to it, actually they taste like a duck tastes. Still good though but not as good as a free range chicken egg. They do make fine fried egg sammiches!:teeth:

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0367.JPG

#2 AGAMA

AGAMA

Open Your Eyes And Realize That We Are One

• Site Administrator
  • 5,094 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:05 PM

And a lot more double-yolks, if I remember correctly!

#3 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Its a shame they dont taste better. :(

I haven't had a duck egg.

I like cooked duck. But I like dark meat fowls. The white meat birds just get covered up in seasoning to get the taste. They are dryer and not as tasty IMO.

#4 LargeMarge

LargeMarge

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:19 PM

I really like duck eggs. I don't notice a gamy flavor, I think they have a richer flavor. And you're right they do make kick ass sammichs. I have heard that they are only slighly higher in cholesterol then a chicken egg.

And a lot more double-yolks, if I remember correctly!

Really? I don't think I've seen one with a double yolk, but I don't eat them all the time either.

#5 M-Crackaz

M-Crackaz

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:49 PM

I'll just stick with chicken eggs

#6 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,641 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:18 PM

i like to use my duck eggs to bake with. they have thicker whites. dont really taste a difference between duck and chicken eggs other than the texture when i hard boil them. now goose eggs make awesome deviled eggs. made some for a few family gatherings and they disappeared.

#7 Bulk

Bulk

Plausibly Deniable

• Expired Member
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:23 PM

Man I love eggs!

good shit!

#8 LargeMarge

LargeMarge

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:21 PM

those goose eggs would make some kick ass deviled eggs...why didn't I think of it? I think I am going to try it with duck eggs to.... we have a couple of the girls that are still laying even though its more then -20 at night here. mmmm I love me some deviled eggs. :loveeyes:

#9 egbert

egbert

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:26 PM

Idk wtf the question was, but I'm almost positive that Quail Eggs is the answer.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!