• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 crimson binome

crimson binome

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:52 AM

i have some experience with psychedelics. about 100 LSD trips and a bit of ***. first timer for mescaline period though. i have ordered 4 12" cuttings of bridgesii and have some concerns since its my first time. i know from studying that the tea can cause really intense long trips and i would like to make sure to go easy the first time; say about a 8-12 hour experience.
i have been told to just use one whole cutting for tea making...also i have read the great tea guide here and it states about 800 grams but i dont have a scale! (also i dont want a digital scale lying around if the man comes knocking). any advice is appreciated.

Edited by Phineas_Carmichael, 04 February 2011 - 01:43 AM.
removed chem name

#2 Defiance

Defiance

Trainee

• OG VIP
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:00 AM

Weight really is the only (mostly) reliable way to dose. Can you tell us about how big around your cuttings are? That would help. If it's pretty thin then you may need a couple more inches.

Don't we all.

Edit: 12 hours sounds a bit long to me, and I tend to be sensitive to phenethylamines.

#3 King Ebenezer

King Ebenezer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 659 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:09 AM

Don't worry about dosing a little high either...the dose curve is not nearly as steep as lsd or psilocybin. I haven't gotten into bridgesii quite yet myself but for average sized cuttings I would think 12-18" will probably get you where you want for a first time. Enjoy your journey! :hippie:

#4 crimson binome

crimson binome

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:21 AM

thanks for the replies. unfortunately the cuttings arent here yet. from what i'm hearing if they are large diameter then 12". if they are kinda skimpy then maybe 16". i'm glad to hear about the gentle curve. accidentally hitting a deep 3rd plateau *** experience was kinda scary. really dont want that again.

Edited by Phineas_Carmichael, 04 February 2011 - 01:43 AM.

#5 Defiance

Defiance

Trainee

• OG VIP
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:33 AM

thanks for the replies. unfortunately the cuttings arent here yet. from what i'm hearing if they are large diameter then 12". if they are kinda skimpy then maybe 16". i'm glad to hear about the gentle curve. accidentally hitting a deep 3rd plateau *** experience was kinda scary. really dont want that again.

Bridgesii can be intense but it won't be anything like ***. It sounds like you've done your homework, 12" - 16" is the Ballpark. Others with more experience in full-spectrum extracts may have better advice, but it sounds like you're in a good place right now. You're asking the Right Questions.

Let us know how your Journey goes for sure!

Edited by Phineas_Carmichael, 04 February 2011 - 01:44 AM.
removed chem name

#6 Phineas_Carmichael

Phineas_Carmichael

Hooloovoo

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:45 AM

I too am hoping that some of our members more experienced with full-spectrum cactus will chime in. We don't talk about that other stuff though...

Great to have you here Crimson Binome, looking forward to hearing about your cactus experience! Love me some mescaline! :cacti:

Posted Image
to
Posted Image

plz visit our
> Mission Statement <
> Basic Board Rules <
> how to UPLOAD PIX <
> User Control Panel <
> Donate $$ to fund 'Topia <
> upgrade your account to VIP <
> Archives <
> Vaults <
> StrainBase <
> chatroom <
> sponsors <
> affiliates <
> search engine <
> topia's Glossary <
> image browser <
> Marketplace <
> Market Rules >
> Contest Forum <
> Fungi Forum <
> Botanicals Forum <
> GrassRoots <
> Forum International <

and our BNL
Posted Image

Also see > PFTEK <
enjoy your stay.

#7 cym

cym

Forming Member

• OG VIP
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:28 AM

i brewed 2, 12" bridge cuttings today that were rather lacking in weight.
the total was about 975g.

they are skimpy as hell compared to some pedro cuttings i have of the same length.

i trust in the knowledge of the members of this site and trust that i will have a great journey.

couldnt experience this week so i froze it down, but i will report back with what i have found.

...this will be my first cacti experience.

#8 Cactguy

Cactguy

Cactus Worshipper

• Expired Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:29 AM

IME, you are better off over shooting a little. Cactus is very gentle. Also, if at some point you want a scale for cactus just buy a food scale. I got mine because I enjoy baking and it was on hand when I started playing with cactus. It doesn't even go into milligrams. Nothing incriminating about that type of scale.

#9 crimson binome

crimson binome

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:55 AM

one more thing. i would like to try and grow some san pedro as well. how do i go about getting one of my cuttings to take root? anyone have a link to a guide for proper care of pedro cacti?

#10 CannyBusDriver

CannyBusDriver

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:31 AM

If youve taken acid 100 times I am sure mescaline will be a gentle, friendly and visually intense trip in comparison. I say take 16" and go for a full dose, it will never be "too much to handle". I am always very clear headed on mescaline, its never overwhelming. Have fun with your trip and learn a bit while your at it. Grandfather is a great teacher and Bridgesii is my favorite mescaline cacti, youve made a good choice in Trichocereus species.

#11 Defiance

Defiance

Trainee

• OG VIP
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:04 PM

one more thing. i would like to try and grow some san pedro as well. how do i go about getting one of my cuttings to take root? anyone have a link to a guide for proper care of pedro cacti?

A Lot of questions can be answered by poking around in the vaults. Here's a thread I found about rooting cactus cuttings

If you have something specific to ask you should start a thread about it here in the Botanicals forum. There are tons of really great cactus growers here who can help you do anything.

I'm not one of them though, so hopefully my links helped :)

#12 McDozd

McDozd

In this moment

• Expired Member
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

If youve taken acid 100 times I am sure mescaline will be a gentle, friendly and visually intense trip in comparison. I say take 16" and go for a full dose, it will never be "too much to handle". I am always very clear headed on mescaline, its never overwhelming. Have fun with your trip and learn a bit while your at it. Grandfather is a great teacher and Bridgesii is my favorite mescaline cacti, youve made a good choice in Trichocereus species.

Very good advice. No one really knows "how" strong those cuttings will be. Wet weight I would shoot for 1000g for a noob, and 1200g for an experienced head for a first time with the mescalito. T Bridge is amazing. Look for the fattest cutting and you will prob hit the weight for a first timer.. use scales if you havem. Good luck!
Mc
:loveeyes:

#13 crimson binome

crimson binome

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:24 AM

well my cuttings arrived! i wish i had a camera to show you these huge fat cuttings. went ahead and planted 3 of them and saved the fattest one for tea. unfortunately i wont have time for at least a week to enjoy it. am i safe to just leave it in a dry dark cool place until im ready?

#14 McDozd

McDozd

In this moment

• Expired Member
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:24 PM

well my cuttings arrived! i wish i had a camera to show you these huge fat cuttings. went ahead and planted 3 of them and saved the fattest one for tea. unfortunately i wont have time for at least a week to enjoy it. am i safe to just leave it in a dry dark cool place until im ready?

Yes. Be careful.. the cutting can rot.
Mc
:rasta:

#15 crimson binome

crimson binome

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:44 PM

Yes. Be careful.. the cutting can rot.
Mc

how should i store it then? can i just toss it in the fridge?

#16 McDozd

McDozd

In this moment

• Expired Member
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:30 PM

If you are going to make tea out of it in the next 2 weeks just store it in a dry dark space. If not cut it up and put it in a plastic bag ready for teaing. Then put the bag in the freezer. It will store well, and the freezing will help break down the cell walls of the plant.. aka making the teaing process faster.
Mc
:hippie:

#17 crimson binome

crimson binome

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

If you are going to make tea out of it in the next 2 weeks just store it in a dry dark space. If not cut it up and put it in a plastic bag ready for teaing. Then put the bag in the freezer. It will store well, and the freezing will help break down the cell walls of the plant.. aka making the teaing process faster.
Mc
:hippie:

thanks for the tips. i got concerned because i have noticed a small brownish area on the callous of the cutting i intend to tea. could this be rot or fungi?
if so could i just cut the area away when i go to cut it up for teaing?

#18 McDozd

McDozd

In this moment

• Expired Member
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

thanks for the tips. i got concerned because i have noticed a small brownish area on the callous of the cutting i intend to tea. could this be rot or fungi?
if so could i just cut the area away when i go to cut it up for teaing?

If its rot just cut it off. More than likely its just the color of the calloused over cutting.
Mc

#19 simpleman

simpleman

Screaming at the Moon

• Expired Member
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

i brewed 2, 12" bridge cuttings today that were rather lacking in weight.
the total was about 975g.

they are skimpy as hell compared to some pedro cuttings i have of the same length.

i trust in the knowledge of the members of this site and trust that i will have a great journey.

couldnt experience this week so i froze it down, but i will report back with what i have found.

...this will be my first cacti experience.

ya man I have noticed the quality of the specimens have been lacking from a certain vendor you and I are familiar with. First couple orders were great. The last few have been squishy and skinny and even some rot. Time for a new vendor I guess.

#20 crimson binome

crimson binome

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:37 AM

ya man I have noticed the quality of the specimens have been lacking from a certain vendor you and I are familiar with. First couple orders were great. The last few have been squishy and skinny and even some rot. Time for a new vendor I guess.

dont know if linking to sources is ok here but:
*removed*

these cuttings seem fat and plump.

Edited by Phineas_Carmichael, 11 February 2011 - 12:41 AM.
Non-sponser links are not ok

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!