71 replies to this topic

#61 llamabox

llamabox

Researcher

• OG VIP
  • 1,406 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:58 PM

should i draw the alcohol off with a turkey baster not to disturb the settling tar?will the tar sink to the bottom and plant material float to the top?how much dried flesh should i expect from 4.5 lbs of fresh coreless,skinless cuttings,and how much tar should i expect from that(weight and number of doses

Yes, draw off the alcohol and save it in another jar/bowl and save it. No the tar will not fall to the bottom the plant matter will. Try not to get any plant powder in the turkey baster. Repeat this untill the alcohol comes off clear. Then let the alcohol you collected in the second jar evaporate, you will be left with a black tar. This is what you want.

Conversions and Yields

A widely-quoted figure says that t. pachanoi (wet) is 0.12% mescaline. Freeze-dried unpeeled t. pachanoi is quoted at 2%. It is my impression that fresh cactus varies significantly in entheogenic activity, but this might be due primarily to water content, rather than environmental or cultural considerations. Home-drying is probably not as complete as freeze-drying.

8 oz (226 gms) whole, unpeeled, fresh cactus = 270 mg mescaline.
12 oz (340 gms) whole, unpeeled, fresh cactus = 400 mg mescaline.
2-2.5" dia fresh unpeeled ~=1.5 oz/in
3.5-4" dia fresh unpeeled ~=3.5 oz/in
3 oz. fibrous pith
16 oz. fresh cactus ~=+ 6 oz. white tissue
+ 6 oz. green tissue
+ 1 oz. skin and spines.
12 oz. fresh cactus =1 oz. dried (+ 7/8 oz. peel).

1 oz. dried cactus = 2 slightly heaping Tbs cactus granules
4 oz. fresh cactus = 5/8 C chopped.

#62 furiousgeorge420

furiousgeorge420

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:45 PM

thanks for the great info

#63 furiousgeorge420

furiousgeorge420

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:11 PM

if i am extracting the tar do i still have to remove the core?

#64 llamabox

llamabox

Researcher

• OG VIP
  • 1,406 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:32 PM

I wish I could tell you.

#65 duaut

duaut

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 09:50 PM

yes remove all the core material you can.

NO mollies of any value.

All is contained in the skin only.

ISO is awesome
Everclear is great.

Been makig cactus juice extract for over 15 years.
I posted about this over 5 years ago.
Stopped when ASSHOLE NAN stole all my images recipes and data with no credit back in the day.

#66 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 06 August 2006 - 10:44 PM

swim is doing the everclear extract on 340g dry julios torch. it is on the expensive side to do this large scale. swim is hoping to find a happy medium between whole cactus, which is awesome except the nausea from all that material in your gut, and crystal, which lacks some other alkaloids that swim seems to like. swims on his fifth day of 24hr pulls, and its still putting out.

#67 Guest_CoyoteMesc_*

Guest_CoyoteMesc_*

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:04 PM

The alcohol extraction is simple. (I haven't tested iso alcohol so can't endorse it.)

-Soak the powdered cactus in a strong alcohol such as Everclear (190proof) or Bacardi 151. Use just enough to cover the powder plus an inch or more in a jar that you can shake up.

-Shake it periodically throughout the day. Every 24 hrs drain off the alcohol and set it aside. Continue this process untill the color is no longer changing, and it pours off clear.

-Combine the extractions into one tub and evaporate the alcohol using low heat or a fan. You're left with a thick tar like substance that contains the alkaloids.

Always remember your starting dry weight to better be able to judge your doses from the finished product. Example: 100 dry grams is enough for two people. 50 grams is a good dose for one trip.

This alcohol tek basically produces freebase mescaline. When it hits your stomach, though, it forms mescaline hcl by combining with all of the natural hydrochloric acid in you stomach. The reason for the alcohol extraction technique is simplicity, not efficiency. It's super easy and virtually foolproof.

And the best way to ingest is?

#68 llamabox

llamabox

Researcher

• OG VIP
  • 1,406 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:27 PM

Ugh. This nasty shit is best frozen and then swallowed whole in my exp.
I got a 13gram black ball of goo from 120grams. I froze this then cut it into chunks easy to swallow.

#69 Guest_CoyoteMesc_*

Guest_CoyoteMesc_*

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:09 PM

im diggin' this...

and this http://mycotopia.net...read.php?t=7933

#70 waj01

waj01

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:43 PM

If you were looking for a product between the black tar of the alcohol extraction and the somewhat pure salts from the A/B extraction, could you do an acidified (with citric acid) IPA extraction followed up by a cleanup with napha or xylene to remove tars, waxes, chlorophylls etc?
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>
The consensus seems to be that the tar from a straight alcohol extraction contains free base that would be removed by a napha or xylene cleanup. In theory, would not the use of acidified alcohol prevent this?
The intermediate product could be stored for a later A/B extraction or just used as is.

#71 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:07 AM

why do the alcohol extract at all if you are going to add steps. stick to the simple ab extraction if you want cleaner.

#72 waj01

waj01

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:08 AM

#1 – “Ugh. This nasty shit is best frozen and then swallowed whole in my exp.”
#2 – Despite A grades in organic and inorganic chem., A/B is a pain.
#3 – If someone already had a large quantity of tar that was extracted with acidified IPA, cleaning it up a little would make the A/B easier.
#4 – Just for fun.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!