• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 spacecadet

spacecadet

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 08:12 PM

I want to get your opinions on an outside grow. I'd want to do it inside but the only hidden place is dark and not very warm. Anyways, there's a desolate marsh nearby..would that do any good? If one were to grow outside, would it be a good idea to still put in a terrarium or do you put it right onto the substrate on the ground?

There's also a large amout of manure piles (along with straw/wood chavings and some piss), so is there anyway to utilize that.

I just want to look at options

I also checked out an outdoor tek...
http://mycotopia.net...html?1056973328
I want to know how long does that take to get some mushies though. It seems that most outdoor teks you start inthe spring and get some results in the fall. Are there any ways I can just make all the colonized cakes indoors and put them outside to flower and get some results within a week or so (or whatever is normal)?

I'm also not new to this board but I've just changed my sn to keep more anonymous

#2 max

max

canadian

• Banned Member
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:08 PM

You can grow your mycleium indoor then move it outside just when it is about to fruit or you can put the care and attention into actually establishing an outdoor plot. It'll take longer but in the long run prolly be much better. The plot is best as a raised bed with lots of food....straw or compost. Follow instructions from other thread...

#3 spacecadet

spacecadet

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 11:04 AM

If mycelium is established indoors, would one use an outdoor terrarium to fruit, or just hope the weather goes well?

#4 Elf Salvation

Elf Salvation

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 723 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 11:44 AM

I believe you would want to plant grass seed over beds. The grass will create a micro climate. It makes some sense anyways.

Good luck Space Cadet

ELF

#5 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:20 AM

one could fruit in an outdoor terrarium.
is stealth the main motive here for going outdoors,
i.e. to hide it ?
see http://mycotopia.net...splay.php?f=132

#6 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:55 AM

what i did from what was taught was dug a hole about 10" deep, put in poo mix with straw or just poo about 2-3" then add broken cakes or wbs the put a lite layer of poo 1/4 inch and 1/4 inch coir,probly just the coir would do ok.

then loosely cover with grass to keep the moister and woo..in a few weeks. also you can do the same in a clay flower pot.
peace
siam

Attached Thumbnails

• pot of joy.JPG
  • 8-28-2086 6-07-55 PM_0001.JPG

#7 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:04 AM

clay flower pot = great idea
:cool:

#8 max

max

canadian

• Banned Member
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:00 AM

If I was establishing an outdoor plot it would be so I wouldn't have to babysit an indoor grow. The object is to have it outdoors so mother nature does the work.

#9 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:37 AM

Outdoors is just so simple. And Mother nature doesn't always water, so sometimes you have to do it for it.

raised beds or digging beds both work. I prefer brf cakes for outdoor spawn, the critters love the grains too much. It doesn't take much to have a lot of brf cake jars ready for spawn.

#10 spacecadet

spacecadet

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:57 AM

wen you say put the poo at the bottom, do you mean unsterilized?

#11 max

max

canadian

• Banned Member
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:53 PM

Pasteurized, not sterilized. Preferably but not 100% necessary.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!