Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

that looks great telepathic!

#22 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,117 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:19 AM

I've only done wet verm in the microwave and it works well when casing with plain verm. Very convenient.

It looks like your results with the microwave have served you well! Way to grow!

#23 demetrius shardson

demetrius shardson

be informed, then choose.

• Expired Member
  • 654 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

Mix all yous shit together in a pillowcase (maybe add a half a teaspoon of lime), get a cooler or a large storage tub, fill tub with boiling water, submerge pillowcase in water, cover, leave for a few hours.

After a few hours hang pillowcase to drip for about 5-8 hours. It'll drip to perfect field capacity while it cools.
It honestly can't get easier... and it's damn near impossible to eff up lol.

Done!

(I have no experience using the microwave.... to easy to pas in a cooler...and I always do a shit ton of sub at a time)

1. Can you microwave verm? Not sure... other then that you should be good to pasteurize it all together.

2. in order for that to work, you'd need to use the perfect amount of water, too much and you'll have standing water in the bottom of your sub... not enough and you'll have a dry sub that won't colonize.

pretty much the same process i go through for my castings. only i throw the pillowcase in a huge pot(same one i hydrate my grain in) put that on the stove, bring to boil and reduce heat to low and let it chill covered and submerged for 1.5-2 hours later. then i hang it up and let it cool/drain off for a few hours until im at field capacity.

#24 Telepathic

Telepathic

Spiritualized

• Expired Member
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

Well, the knots and pins across the top must've aborted because they were very slow growing and now seem to have halted completely with only the the fruits around the edges growing to maturity. I attribute this to one of two situations. One, this sub was not dunked but instead moderately misted down the sides to hydrate for the first flush, it is possible this did not provide enough moisture for a full flush. Or two, during this knotting phase my RH was low (due to the perlite being slightly dry) so I was misting two or three sprays once or twice a day, the pins were so young and tiny this may have killed them off. I have misted pins in the past without aborting but not when they were literally little bumps of white with absolutely no cap/cap color. Eitherway, we live, we learn and there is always flush #2. Maybe I will lightly case with verm going into the second flush.

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1300760889

Attached Thumbnails

• casttray.PNG

#25 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:15 AM

I hear sometimes they can be even better aborts, looking good and we learn as we go thanks for teaching too try to give them more water see if they will grow more maybe ?

#26 Telepathic

Telepathic

Spiritualized

• Expired Member
  • 472 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:09 PM

Sorry about the heavily edited image, it was somewhat revealing... and my MS Paint skillz are mad.

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1300831758

Attached Thumbnails

• biggin.PNG
  • 190.PNG
  • undercaps.PNG

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!