• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 strangedays_indeed

strangedays_indeed

meh

• Expired Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:10 PM

hey topiates. ive been in a city for a few months and didn't think i would be able to grow veggies and stuff this year, however i found a home with a decent space to do some gardening :amazed:

this is cool. im prepping/loosening the soil with manure and humus. not exactly sure what im going to plant. nothing that takes up too much space, other than tomatoes because they get big... so prob going to start off with tomatoes, cucumbers, assorted peppers, and assorted beans. there is still space so i was wondering if anyone had any advise on other easy, tasty veggies or anything else that is fun :loveeyes:

im going to add pictures and will prob mess them up

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2964.JPG
  • IMG_2967.jpg
  • IMG_2955.JPG

Edited by strangedays_indeed, 03 March 2011 - 05:25 PM.
picturials

#2 VirgilCaine

VirgilCaine

Pre-hungover

• Expired Member
  • 679 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

You can save space by growing corn, squash and climbing beans in the same mounds. Google 3 sisters if interested.

#3 strangedays_indeed

strangedays_indeed

meh

• Expired Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

:cacti: cool thanks for the good idea, i will probably try it out in one side of the space ive got. hopefully ill have some pictures by the summer of what this garden as morphed into.

#4 King Ebenezer

King Ebenezer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 659 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

Potatoes, sugar snap peas, and sunflowers are some more easy options. Sounds like fun- I love eating my own veggies. Good luck!

#5 Nobody

Nobody

Weevil Wrangler

• Expired Member
  • 902 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:08 PM

Use that fence to your favor if you can. Train plants like tomatoes or green beans to climb it.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!