• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MurCurY

MurCurY

I.Know.All

• OG VIP
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:32 PM

Any bowhunters on the forum? I dropped my compound off at the shop for a tuneup so she's ready for deer season. New sight that has a light so you can shoot in low light. I'm saving up for a nice PSE or BEAR at around $500.
So...any others out there?

#2 MrChen

MrChen

Rocky Mountain High

• Expired Member
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:07 PM

I wish I woulda shot the buck I hit with my Honda last nite. He was at least ten points...:horse:

#3 MurCurY

MurCurY

I.Know.All

• OG VIP
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:36 PM

did you at least keep it? Here if you hit it you can keep it.

#4 omentheduck

omentheduck

Wondering about it all

• OG VIP
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:48 PM

I go bow every now and again, not really a fan of hunting unless I can't afford the meat, I have started going after rabbits when I do, what a freaking challenge

Edit: I might should add that I have never gotten a rabbit , yet!

Patience son, Patience.

Edited by omentheduck, 16 March 2011 - 08:38 PM.

#5 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:06 PM

I used to hunt deer in NJ with bow, black powder and rifle but over the years the population has become so depleted that I stopped. I honestly don't care that much for venison anyway so I felt no great loss. Twenty years ago they were so plentiful in south Jersey that I could literally hunt from my back porch. I'm now living down south and deer are still scarce but pigs are everywhere. There are so many in some areas that they are considered a nuisance. So now I only hunt wild pig and turkey. I occasionaly bow hunt for turkey because it's a fun challenge and I pistol hunt for boar. It's turkey season right now and pig is year round and no permit is needed on private land. During the summer it's just too damn hot to go hunting or to do most anything as far as I'm concerned.

#6 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,405 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

I'm a pretty serious archery deer hunter. kinda looking forward to when the hogs start overrunning our area. I much prefer pork to venison and once people see how much damage those damn hogs do there'll be more hunting land opening up quickly.

just put my Parker 500 in for a tune up.

#7 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

Primitive hunting for pig with spear is practiced by some people in my area. I was talking to a guy a while back and told him I was thinking of giving it a try because I thought it would be a challenge to get that close to the animal. He was telling me how much fun it was and he showed me a couple of his scars. That's when I decided that pistol hunting was close enough for me lol.

#8 MrChen

MrChen

Rocky Mountain High

• Expired Member
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:00 PM

did you at least keep it? Here if you hit it you can keep it.

We traded paint. I only have a small smudge on my bumper where he cleaned me. I looked and I saw him cruise off somewhere. I can only assume the great braking and swerve job I pulled saved not only my windshield and our lives. Pays to be alert at dusk on country roads in deer land. :horse:

Oh clean brakes and a Honda with some front wheel action helps.... I swear I did 3 or 4 side to sides to try and slow me from 60 to 0 as fast as I could...:heart:

#9 Peyote

Peyote

Peyote Coyote

• OG VIP
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

i have a PSE stinger...dont use it much

#10 benderislord

benderislord

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 844 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

love archery !! one of the best things ever kept by modern society IMHO...got a bear full length compound fully loaded and a nice crossbow i think hornton the name is not there due to a custom camo job the previous owner put on it before selling it...when ammo runs out...and the reloader's outta gun cotton...there will always be the archer with a homemade string an arrows at the ready!

#11 PirateFarmer

PirateFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 684 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

Crossbow {el cheapo, knock-off of a Barnett}...am aiming to get a Excalibur recurve crossbow, next, after I harvest & sell some, um...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!