31 replies to this topic

#21 Mychotic

Mychotic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:00 AM

Hide them in plain sight

Over the next week or two, start cooking dishes with various legal commercial species, like fresh shiitake, and mushrooms other than the white button type.

Talk about them with your room-mates like you're so in love with the mushrooms you looked up online how to grow them at home.

Describe the techniques to your room-mates until they re so sick n tired of hearing about it, they tell you to STFU.

Then start growing whatever shroom you want, and point your tubs out often to your room-mates, to keep them as uninterested as possible.

I actually thought about a similar such approach. Alright, I'm gonna just give in and say that my "co-residents" are my parents. Don't know why I was so apprehensive to tell you all that.. guess I was worried about you guys disapproving of growing illegal substances in someone else's house. Oh well. Now that you fully understand my predicament, you can see why locked footlockers WON'T WORK. If they say "open that right now", I really have no choice if I wish to continue to live here and eat their food (which is nice, as being in college is 'spensive!).

Back to the hide in plain sight idea. My folks raided my room along time ago and found all my drug-related stuff: bowls, shake/seeds/stems, and a book, entitled "Psiloscybin: Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide" (I'm sure you've all heard of it). So they know that I know how to grow the good stuff. Now, in an attempt at planning such a procedure, I asked them recently if I could grow legal mushrooms. They asked why I was interested at all, and I said, "Remember that episode of Dirty Jobs we watched about the mushroom farm? It got me all excited and wanting to grow again, but I'm older and more mature and don't want to risk illegal activities anymore, so I'd like to grow the legal kind." They said it's ok, as long as they're legal... and they plan to eat some as well. This is bad.. if I'm growing illegal ones alongside the legal ones, how do I know they won't go pickin' in my patches to make dinner one night (I work evenings and would never know) and trip their balls off? I'm beginning to think it's just smarter wait 'till I'm out in my own place. "The patient man eats ripe fruit." -African Proverb

#22 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:35 AM

I'm beginning to think it's just smarter wait 'till I'm out in my own place

indeed it is.

#23 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:00 AM

I would have to say, waiting may be better also. Invitro can be done really stealthy though, allowing you to do the edibles with them, and keeping your invitro cubensis well hidden in your private area of your room. Then, they'll most likely enjoy the edibles, and doing something family oriented, and they work towards trusting you, so keeping the invitro magic doesn't make them suspect anything really. And if they find it, give them some info, and if you are over 18, explain about it to them in a mature adult way. As a parent, I just want my kids to talk to me, not hide things from me. Hoping for the best for you, and you may be able to be out on your own soon enough to do a cubensis grow. :)

#24 Mychotic

Mychotic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:01 PM

Talk to them about them? LOL I'm guessing you had extrememly liberal parents, if not complete hippies. No ma'am, drugs aren't cool in the eyes of my folks. They don't get too mad about weed (which I don't smoke anymore), but that's because they have done it themselves when they were younger and "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone", right? Yes, I am over 18, 20 to be exact, but that actually works against me in that they have made it quite clear drug items will result in my "banishment" from the household (i.e. kicked out).

All in all, it just isn't worth it yet. I think I just got all excited when I found this community and had a moment where I REALLY wanted to grow again. It's funny really; in one of my other posts I was talkin' about landing some mushies. On the one hand I'm excited about tripping again (it's been awhile lol), but on the other it kinda sucks that they aren't MY babies, ya know? Hard to explain, but I just get a much greater satisfaction out of growing my own then I do buying from someone else.. it feels like more of an accomplishment, and tripping feels almost "deserved". Like a reward for all my patience and hard work.

That's why I loved the idea of the storage unit so much. I saw it as a way to grow without violating my parents wishes (which I do respect). Such is life, I can wait a bit longer. Besides, maybe I can take up Salvia in the meantime and when they find that, it's perfectly legal!! :teeth:

#25 Gamera

Gamera

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:36 PM

**parental lecture removed**

#26 Mychotic

Mychotic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:13 PM

Well, if I may be so presumptous - you need to get your own place. Its kind of a bitch since you are going to take a big hit to your standard of living but trust me you'll be happier living in your own shit hole apartment than in your parents house...

I agree whole-heartedly. I would most certainly be happier living on my own. However I would appreciate if if you didn't get "presumptuous", because...

... but from my perspective thats your first priority.

..you are very wrong about this. My first priority at the moment is to get through school. It is true that I would be much happier at this moment in a shithole of my own, but it is far from true that I would be happy in said shithole for the rest of my life. I would rather be miserable for a few years and then get a nice little shindig of my own ans still have cash to do some of the things I enjoy, than be happy and free right this moment, but get jaded and miserable later, as I continue to have the finances of a 20 year old college student for the rest of my life. As far as my economic situation is concerned, I can afford to either A) get my own place and do what I want right now; or B) go to college. There is no "all of the above" option on my current finances. It's all about differed gratification sir... once again "the patient man eats ripe fruit."

I can wait. And let's please not criticize my choice of living conditions in a thread about stealth growing.. I may be a grown man, but I see nothing wrong with a 20 year old still living at home with his/her parents. 30 maybe.. 20 no.

#27 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:10 AM

people--
plz refrain from offering your personal opinions about others' life-decisions
and
likewise refrain from offering unsolicited parental advice,
esp. in our grow forums.

folks do not come here to get a DARE lecture.

either post useful helpful advice on how to
solve the problem posted
or pass by silently.

no one should have to defend their decisions
nor justify them to others here.

mind your own business
and let him mind his.

#28 Gamera

Gamera

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 12:00 PM

You beat me to it Hippie3 - I apologize Mychotic, I was out of line. My intent was not to criticize but empathize; I was in your exact situation once and I know how it felt for me. Good luck with school and with your grow, and sorry for the digression.

#29 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:04 PM

Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders, Mychotic. I applaud the decision you have come to; it makes good sense.

Do you, perchance, have a good friend with his/her own place? Perhaps you could teach them a thing or two. Of course, a partner at least doubles your risk with LEO...

#30 Mychotic

Mychotic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:23 PM

Of course, a partner at least doubles your risk with LEO...

LEO = "law enforcement officers"???

#31 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:35 PM

That's it exactly...

#32 Spark

Spark

OG

• Free Member