• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 LethalTr1p

LethalTr1p

Market Restricted

• Expired Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:33 PM

Its been over 3 years since i've had my first trip, and in a trip last week was the first time I ever experienced a true hallucination rather than just objects being warped and distorted up. I was watching the Family Guy and a car busted threw a wall on the screen and when everything went flying water started pouring out of my tv. The room was full of water. It was so full of detail it takes me so long to explain but the entire thing lasted for less than 2 seconds.

Anyhow, the question is more or less, do you ever experience hallucinations? or is it more distortions than not. This was on 4 grams powedered into orange juice, and i've had much stronger trips in the past, but nothing like those kind of visuals.

At higher than average doses are these more common? I have a wierd reaction to some drugs, such as dxm, where i am screwed up for days on a small dose (of course i haven't tried large). and how many times i trip much 'softer' than similar dosers on mushrooms of the same batch. So sometimes experiencing what others do on minor doses is near impossible for me. Just seeing where i'm at.

#2 Guest_CiscoKid670_*

Guest_CiscoKid670_*

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:04 PM

well idk if ive had hallucinations off shrooms. the word hallucinations makes me think of acid more then shrooms. ive seen some crazy things on acid...
shrooms i think are more distortions and visuals. things moving into other things. octagon shapes and spinning patterns.
:dance:

#3 Stenciler

Stenciler

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:17 PM

I've never seen a full blown hallucination, and my hallucinogen list includes acid, shrooms, salvia, and DXM. I had a pretty interesting case of ego death on DXM, and a friend tripping off the same blotter saw my head decapitate and float for a few seconds, but all I seem to ever get is distortions. And synesthaesia where I feel what I see and hear, usually as vibration, but it's more of a body trip than hallucination.

That's pretty cool seeing water rushing out of the TV, though...

#4 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:59 PM

I never saw shit that wasn't there with my eyes open (at least when I was able to be aware if my eyes were open or closed), but I have had some very crazy visual distortions.. I have tried a very long list of substances... However, I believe that everything can affect people in different ways, so I would hesitate before saying that someone cannot have true hallucinations on psychedelics...

#5 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:45 PM

True hallucinations, as in seeing stuff that isn't there but you believe it is? I have one word...Datura

#6 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:53 PM

I also have never had a true hallucination. Just distortions of objects, colors, patterns. I also think some can have hallucinations and others not.

This is my 3000 post :dance: :D Sorry for that....just cool to me :D

#7 reefer

reefer

Mod of the Ocean

• Expired Member
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:59 PM

I have had a few for sure. I once watched a soccer game in spanish on a plain white wall. I could hear the crowd cheering and could even see "spanish" text scrolling across the bottom of the "screen" I remember thinking to myself that I was seeing the TV on the wall, but when I looked over at the TV the Simpsons was on. The detail was mind-blowing. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. (this was on mescaline and mdma, by the way)

I do trip much "easier" than most of my friends. I start to experience distortions and patterns at much lower doses than most. I've had hallucinations on acid and higher doses of shrooms as well, but not as vivid as the mescaline one.

#8 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:02 PM

In my experience mushrooms have not proved to be full on hallucenogenic, i have seen things in my periphs that trip me out, such as shadows or movement and such, The only thing ive tried that gave me full on hallucinations was mescaline. Mescaline is very visual, at least in my opinion. I do not doubt your visualizations though, these things happen. Some people see things and some people dont.

#9 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:06 PM

I too have never seen full blown hallucinations on shrooms. Even with acid I just get some wild distortions. I am the type that is too bound to reality. It is hard for my mind to wander into the abyss. I always seem to tell myself it is just the shrooms and it all goes away. I guess I need to let go more.

I still love wild distortions though. Lots of fun. Weeeeeeeee

Congrats on your 3000th post Freaky!

#10 loochypooch

loochypooch

Heavy Metal Drummer

• Expired Member
  • 719 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:15 PM

I think you better look into some other variables. People are quick to blame psychedelics for "flashbacks" or hallucinations, but these things occur in people who have never taken psychedlics too.

What other meds are you on? Have you ever had a stroke or meningitis? For gods sake you could have malaria, you should probably see a doctor and no need to tell him you've done drugs -- I don't see any relationship!

#11 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:22 PM

I don't think lethal was talking about flashbacks.

#12 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:00 PM

Datura had me talking to people that weren't there. It was as real as could be and I would talk to these people for a minute or so before they would vanish. The first time it happened I was walking across the football field at school talking to a friend when something distracted me and when I looked back my friend was gone. I thought at first he was fuckin with my head but I realised after a few seconds of confusion he couldn't have gone anywhere in the middle of a football field. Therefore he couldn't be real. It just got worse from there. I remember the bus ride home and thinking everyone on the bus knew I was fucked up because I talked to a couple people on the bus that vanished on me. I found out later that I walked home from school sometime after lunch and hallucinated that I was on the god damned bus! I don't know how I didn't get hit by a car, I must have been on auto pilot at that point. Yup, Datura. That shit will do it to ya but I don't recomend it :(

#13 Xexalexander

Xexalexander

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:44 PM

I've only dosed with shrooms a couple of times but so far no hallucinations. That is actually the effect that i'm hoping to find some day.:special:

#14 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:17 AM

i sometimes have hallucinations with shrooms. When closed eye visuals take over and become open eye visuals, and i can no longer see what is really surrounding me, just geometrical changing energy lines and shapes, if that counts.

#15 WeedyResin

WeedyResin

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 307 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:33 AM

The only time I can remember a hallucination was my first time eating L. It was triple dipped fluff on plain blotter... this was stroooooooong shit. Me, Freaky, & my other buddy ate doses before going to see the rerelease of Star Wars... after not tripping a couple hours into it, I called my buddy up talking shit for rippin' me off & ate the left over hit. I had never done cid before or any hallucinogenic.. Now with experience, I can say that was truly a trip. What people talk about with melting, the ooze, so on. I thought I was going to end up in an insane asylum forever.

#16 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:54 AM

Does seeing the clock tick the same second over and over, spending hours and coming back only to see it is still the same time count? who has seen time come to a stop?

also physical tactile hallucinations like mouth webbed shut, hair on tounge and extra fingers and digits falling off all seem like they should count too.

#17 katitious

katitious

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:48 PM

also physical tactile hallucinations like mouth webbed shut, hair on tounge and extra fingers and digits falling off all seem like they should count too.

hahaha...those sorts of things happen to me almost every time I trip, especially with mushrooms. I remember the worst was one time when I was wearing a black shirt and ended up getting cat hair and lint and all sorts of little balls of fuzz on my shirt from rolling around on the floor and in the blankets and whatnot - I looked down and started freaking out because I thought I was covered in bugs. They were crawling around and when I tried to brush them off I could feel them crawling on my hands - it scared the living daylights out of me until I finally changed shirts and realized what the bugs really were. ;) I get the hair in the mouth thing all the time though...that sometimes drives me nuts - with two dogs you're bound to get a little hair in your mouth every now and then, but when I'm on mushies it feels like I have a whole dog in there.

#18 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:02 PM

The only time I can remember a hallucination was my first time eating L. It was triple dipped fluff on plain blotter... this was stroooooooong shit. Me, Freaky, & my other buddy ate doses before going to see the rerelease of Star Wars... after not tripping a couple hours into it, I called my buddy up talking shit for rippin' me off & ate the left over hit. I had never done cid before or any hallucinogenic.. Now with experience, I can say that was truly a trip. What people talk about with melting, the ooze, so on. I thought I was going to end up in an insane asylum forever.

The "triple dipped" stuff people talk about(if it actually seems extra strong) is only "dipped" one time, otherwise the solvent used to dissolve the original L would redissolve the LSD on the sheet each "dip".. The way they usually lay sheets is by finding how much solvent the sheet will absorb, then dissolving the premeasured amount into the solvent and then laying the sheets... I even know a guy on tour who sells blotter art and will tell you how much solvent each type will hold, per tenpack...

#19 mycodutty

mycodutty

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:31 PM

Does seeing the clock tick the same second over and over, spending hours and coming back only to see it is still the same time count? who has seen time come to a stop?

It is funny you say this. I have never actually witnessed time stop on a clock, but I have tripped all night long only to find out it isn't even midnight yet. It seems to happen a lot when on mushies, time just "stops".

As far as full blown hallucinations are concerned it has only happened to me a few times. Twice on salvia (the only 2 times I will ever do it) I had Auditory halucinations. I had a full conversation with somone I later named "the Salvia Lady". I thought it was isolated so I tried the stuff one more time and we finished our conversation. That shit is Whacked. I couldn't see her, but I could sure hear her. The other time was on a very strange roll I ate (ecstasy). I found myself looking at my friend and he had glasses on. Knowing he didn't wear glasses I asked him if he had glasses on, he said "what, these" and pulled the glasses off and handed them to me. When I went to grab them I realized they weren't there. Later that night I saw my same buddy wearing clown shoes, I really f---ing saw the clown shoes too! Somthing tells me those pills werent all mdma.

This is a fun thread, keep it going.

#20 Gamera

Gamera

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:50 PM

Datura had me talking to people that weren't there. It was as real as could be and I would talk to these people for a minute or so before they would vanish. The first time it happened I was walking across the football field at school talking to a friend when something distracted me and when I looked back my friend was gone. I thought at first he was fuckin with my head but I realised after a few seconds of confusion he couldn't have gone anywhere in the middle of a football field. Therefore he couldn't be real. It just got worse from there. I remember the bus ride home and thinking everyone on the bus knew I was fucked up because I talked to a couple people on the bus that vanished on me. I found out later that I walked home from school sometime after lunch and hallucinated that I was on the god damned bus! I don't know how I didn't get hit by a car, I must have been on auto pilot at that point. Yup, Datura. That shit will do it to ya but I don't recomend it :(

I've heard that datura is nuts this way. All the anticholinergics are supposed to cause fairly profound visual hallucinations.

Cool trip report on an immersive hallucination: Gracie and Zarkov, a tryptamine expedition

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!