Photo
- - - - -

Distortions Vs. Hallucinations

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:52 PM

Does seeing the clock tick the same second over and over, spending hours and coming back only to see it is still the same time count? who has seen time come to a stop?

My clock downstairs did that when the battery ran low.. :teeth: Would tick and tick but the hand didn't have the juice to move all the way... ;)

#22 LethalTr1p

LethalTr1p

Market Restricted

• Expired Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:29 PM

some great stories.

i hope to have more hallucinations in the future. Another guy that was watching the same show with me saw fish come out of the tv and start swimming threw the air. kinda wierd we both saw water related things. both my wife, and the other girl hanging out were freaking out in there own corners, but tv can give some good things to work with when your not expecting it.

i've always heard about how cautious to be when using datura, so i haven't even begun to think about trying it yet, but damn. thats nuts. definately something you should have a sitter for.

and yeah. these aren't flashbacks, its all during the trip. i believe it was creepers i took. maybe a few other strains straggled in.

#23 mindovermycelia

mindovermycelia

Imaginary friend

• Expired Member
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:57 AM

I think the term hallucination can be applied to any sensory perception that has no external stimulus - that is there is no light striking the eyeballs or no object there to reflect light in such a way, or nothing to create soundwaves you percieve, or nothing in your mouth to taste, etc. This could even be applied to dreaming. I think it would exclude any perception change caused by the physical condition of the actual sensory organ itself such as the white spots I sometimes see I used to think could be angels(white blood cells). I looked it up here: http://en.wikipedia....i/Hallucination and I didn't see where they ever defined a hallucination as a visual apparition in three dimensional space which cannot seen by others in the vacinity. Of course that may be considered the most blatant type of hallucination, but what about obe's?

I have walked across the room with my eyes open, turned around to see myself still sitting across the room, the bam back in my body sitting as if I had never moved. Or what about the time I was all of a sudden 50 ft up in the sky above the restaurant I was working at, while I was flipping burgers.

And what about distortions? I think those are hallucinations. I never closed my eyes on my first salvia experience, but in my house my leg became the wall in front of me, me and my friend and my wife were all giants, I could see over the land but it was all white light, then I shrunk back down along with the others, right in front of my eyes. Noone else saw that shit, nor can they really imagine it. I would not have made that shit up consciously for sure.

If you see a wall breathing, you're hallucinating although not as severely as someone who is watching mexican sports on the same wall. But maybe, since it occurs on most trips, like tracers, it could be considered more of a visual effect of the hallucinogen on the function of the eyes themselves as opposed to the funtion of the mind or possibly, as noted at the bottom of that wikipedia entry, actual stimuli that is undetectable in normal states of consciousness.

#24 Guest_CiscoKid670_*

Guest_CiscoKid670_*

Posted 13 April 2006 - 01:40 AM

mexican sports on the wall.

#25 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:16 AM

If you see a wall breathing, you're hallucinating although not as severely as someone who is watching mexican sports on the same wall. But maybe, since it occurs on most trips, like tracers, it could be considered more of a visual effect of the hallucinogen on the function of the eyes themselves as opposed to the funtion of the mind or possibly, as noted at the bottom of that wikipedia entry, actual stimuli that is undetectable in normal states of consciousness.

You really sure?? Who's to say everyday "reality" is any more "real" than the alternative?

#26 mindovermycelia

mindovermycelia

Imaginary friend

• Expired Member
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:16 AM

You really sure?? Who's to say everyday "reality" is any more "real" than the alternative?

that's what I said:

or possibly, as noted at the bottom of that wikipedia entry, actual stimuli that is undetectable in normal states of consciousness.

Even if you percieve that you are talking to someone who is actually somewhere else in physical space, as happens on Datura, that is not necessarily a figment of your imagination - maybe there is a subconscious version of that person with which you can consciously connect and communicate. Even when you dream at night of others - there is no proof that the words and actions of said person in your dream are actually being generated by your own mind. Then theres the opposite theory of that which is that you and everyone you come into contact in any reality is really only a mental puppet of our larger dreaming self.

#27 mindovermycelia

mindovermycelia

Imaginary friend

• Expired Member
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:49 AM

I found this under the illusions entry in wikipedia.

in 2006 a word linking the blurred perception of reality resulting from small doses of Hallucinogenic drugs was coined by Liam Carney. These "illusionations" are not hallucinations in the strict sense of the word since they are not novel fabrications of the mind but rather a distortion of what is seen and heard.

#28 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:29 AM

it feels like I have a whole dog in there.

:lol: :lol:

My clock downstairs did that when the battery ran low.. :teeth: Would tick and tick but the hand didn't have the juice to move all the way... ;)

:lol: :lol: Thats exactly what i saw too.

actually my most serious hallucination was when i had a really bad fever. datura like.:drk:

#29 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• Validating
  • 8,978 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:55 PM

The Datura family is VERY DANGEROUS to experiment with. It is a particularly costly trip, as well, in terms of body load and potential for lasting physical damage (to the eyes, mostly, but your liver gets kicked around pretty severely as well).

You should never, under any circumstances, do Datura without a sitter who is totally sober and "capable of physically restraining you." That's from Hippy3, by the way. Many folks have done horrible violence to themselves and/or their surroundings in the throws of a Datura trup.

When hitting the fringes hard on Datura, my sitter stays totally straight and keeps a stun gun close by (I do the same for her). Doing it by yourself is irresponsible and a REALLY BAD IDEA.

You should also be aware that a "proper" dose of Datura is just a hair shy of a toxic dose. Datura isn't like mushies and LSD, it is VERY easy to take a toxic overdose of Datura. Datura is a high end poison and MUST be respected as such. And, like the energizer bunny, it just keeps going and going and going and going. Be prepared for 24 hours of involvement if you plan on messing with Datura. You won't "peak" for 24 hours, but you shouldn't trust your own thoughts during that time period.

If you think you want to try Datura, I suggest starting with Amanitas. If you can dig on what Amis do to you physically and mentally in large doses, Datura won't be a big suprise. If the hardcore Ami trip appeals to you, however, Datura can take that to a whole new level.

Just be prepared to come back as a different person. Once you have seen the face of death and decay, it's impossible to stop seeing it.

I've had a lot more melt/morph visuals than "true" hallucinations. The real hallucinations have always been best with a 'hoasca brew, smoked DMT and mescaline (in LARGE doses). You go playing with DMT and visual hallucinations are just the tip of the iceberg...

#30 Guest_CiscoKid670_*

Guest_CiscoKid670_*

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:11 PM

siiighhhh. i want some DMT...:(

#31 hallucinogeneti

hallucinogeneti

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 373 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:41 PM

man my first trip on shrooms had a pretty good hallucination. I was staring at this blanket that had a bunch of fish on it and all of the sudden the fish started turning into tiny mushrooms and spinning around. I saw it in great detail too. The mushrooms had tiny eyes all over them as well. My whole first trip all I saw was variations of mushrooms and I would talk to the mushrooms inside my head. It was pretty intense.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!