this was something that i accidentally stumbled upon... it's basically producing sterile spores from the point of existence via growing a mushroom in a sterile 1/2 pint shallow grain jar and allowing the mushies to drop spores while still in the sterile environment... then retrieving the spores with a sterile syringe filled with sterile water.
first off, i used these lids.... http://mycotopia.net...ead.php?t=11247
then i used a "faht clone jar" like this one... http://mycotopia.net...ead.php?t=11955
or this onehttp://mycotopia.net...ead.php?t=17058
(so at least the oven bag wasn't a total waste of time/money)
Now... all this is done AFTER i have already 'harvested' myc. from the 'faht clone jar'
I still don't have access to a freakin camera so i drew another diagram.
1.) i have just harvested the myc. from my 'faht clone jar'
2.) now i peel back the tape from the lid exposing about half of the tyvek underneathe. I let this sit for a few hours. this dries out the exess water that deters re-colonization. after these few hours, i replace the tape and let recolonize for a day or two.
3.) This is where I accidentally came across this new tek.. I was going to just let the jars re-colonize and then re-harvest the myc. again for another use... but i accidentally knocked one of the re-colonizing jars on it's side and it rolled to the back of my closet and rested with the self-healing innoc. port on the bottom... instead of my lazy ass picking the jar up, I said fuck it and left it sitting there. I forgot about the jar until about a week later.
4.) So i pick the jar up and what do i see? to my surprise and utter amazement, there was a single shroom growing off the re-colonized corn and pointing up towards the light in my closet. there was also a nice dark spore print sitting on the side of the jar directly in front of the innoc. port. LOL I was like "no fucking way" lol
5.) so all i had to do now was pc a syringe with plain water in it and stick the needle inside the jar, squirt a few drops of water over the print. then i used the needle to scrape the spores into the water and sucked the water back into the syringe. bingo bango, the deed is done! :)
so not only did i obtain a clone from the faht jar but i also got a sterile spore syringe. lol this can (I imagine, since i haven't done it) also be done by using pf cake recipe... just put a 1/2 in. of substrate in the bottom of a jar, colonize and put it on it's side... there is only one place for the spores to fall and thats down. :)http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1152162402
Some additional notes: i got extremely lucky when the shroom grew directly over the innoc. port. but i'm going to make a few lids where the silicone innoc. port is about half of the jar lid... so no matter where the spore print lands on the bottom of the jar, i'll be able to retrieve the spores with ease. :)
just some pix of the actual jars in working order...
this first one is a 'faht jar' that was regrown after harvesting the myc. from it. you can see the print that is on the side of the jar just under the lid. :)http://mycotopia.net...84&d=1153323969
the print didn't get printed near the silicon innoc. port so now i'm making these lids with silicon all around on half of the jar. :)http://mycotopia.net...85&d=1153323989
this last one is of jars that i've already harvested the sterile spores from. probably could have gotten more, but i'm not really in a whole lot of need of tex spores. lol :)http://mycotopia.net...86&d=1153324006