• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 bassplar99

bassplar99

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 10:07 PM

As promised. Now, I have not put this exact setup into action BUT I am confident in saying it is better than my last. First, the main outlet is 1/2 an inch larger than my previous one. I used to have a 3/4 inch coming out, same tubing as you see on the side. Today's project, a 1 1/4 inch 90 degree PVC straight elbow inserted into the outlet, angled similar to the vent which was there, and set in place with Harvey's epoxy putty. Downside, you will NEVER get the PVC 90 off so be sure to first not mess up, and B, be sure to not mess up. :) It hardens like steel and is very fast at setting up. Second, as I described before, I have an extra hose to help release a little more pressure which is built up do to our addition of a hose on the front of the unit.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0221.JPG
  • IMG_0219.JPG
  • IMG_0216.JPG
  • IMG_0217.JPG

#22 bassplar99

bassplar99

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:08 PM

I am sorry, to correct the above numbers, I am now using a 1" PVC pipe, 1/4" bigger than the 3/4" hose I used last time.

#23 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:29 PM

Thanks Bassplar!
:bow:

#24 bassplar99

bassplar99

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 11:58 PM

Let me know if you need more details. I did not really describe the actual construction aspect of it too much. Running the unit right now with 5' of PVC going pretty much straight up with no leaking.

#25 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:28 PM

:cool:
nice!

#26 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:40 PM

I've had mine running all day with no mess:)
I didn't do as nice of a job as Bassplar but it worked, I just ran the second hose to the second shelf in the greenhouse.
Two outputs eases restriction enough not to push water out of the sides.
Thanks again!!

#27 bassplar99

bassplar99

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:11 AM

Glad to hear it worked. I have thought of running two hoses into the greenhouse but I am getting more than enough humidity with the PVC. Anyone have water drip to the bottom of their greenhouses? I have a little puddle under the coolmist from condensation. Do you do anything to soak it up or just wipe it up later?

#28 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:57 AM

:bow:

Thanks so much Bass!!!!! Thank you! Now I've got some supplies to buy and a coolmist to refab :D Thanks so much!

And, I use paper towels in the bottom to soak any extra water, I just change em out ever couple days.

#29 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:52 PM

With a flexable hose you can zig zag it to your greenhouse which causes the air to condence and drip back down to the humidifier. That cuts down the humidity enough to run it all day long without getting too wet inside.
Great for a constant humid air exchange.

#30 bassplar99

bassplar99

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:04 PM

I will take some more pictures of how I did my Coolmist and put some dimensions to it so everyone will know what to get. I think in total everything cost me under $30 including the Coolmist which was $20.

The nipple pertruding from the side of the unit was form the hardware store with matching nut on the back to hold it in place. I took a small rubber washer and placed it on the inside to seal it up, but a bead of silicone around the nut would also work. It is a 1/2" MPT X 3/4" Hose Barb. The OD of a 1/2 pipe thread is 7/8" I believe.

Do you run your Coolmist all the time or in cycles? Thanks.

#31 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:25 PM

Please do Bass, that would be great!
I run mine all the time.

#32 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders