• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 drwombatt

drwombatt

gnothi seauton~

• Expired Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

hey guys im switching over to washing my clothes in the bath tub (some say this actually uses more water) but hey! i dont have a washing machine.

anyways my thing is, i want a wash board or something similar to wash with (if i find an actual washboard or similar i will actually be washing the clothes outside in a large bucket)

i searched for a DIY but i didnt find one with pics and also it was kinda confusing to me,

basically wooden dowels and things like that but im wondering if anyone here is old enough to have actually built one or remember "the family washboard" and how it was constructed.

thanks,
peace

#2 Phineas_Carmichael

Phineas_Carmichael

Hooloovoo

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,041 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:34 PM

I've never used one to wash with, but we had a few antique ones hanging on the wall in the house I grew up in.

They seemed to be a piece of corrugated metal (probably tin or maybe lead, they were old enough) set into a wooden frame. We also had one with a bumpy glass pane set into wood for washing delicates.

Good luck with this, I'd be mighty interested to see what you come up with. I don't have a washing machine either and I absolutely hate laundromats.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!