resident beat junky

• Expired Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:55 PM

Check this out... man I love this song!
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_w5JlDn9WCw
Luang Prabang by Dave Van Ronk

\
haha now Im a fuckin hero that was tight not much bass to it though maybe my speakers just dont gotta 'nough thump to 'em

and that lotus album is tight just gotta round to checkin it out. That shit would definetly go hard w/ my old buddy DeMiTri
long instrumentals are great it always amazes me how much feeling you can express/convey without the use of words in music.

That bass on Livingston Storm by Lotus literally melted my funkin face...lol now i gotta clean up that mess thnx

havent got round to listening to the whole album yet but theyve intriqued me so im hooked Thanx for the suggestion exactly the kinda response i was hopin to get, well that or any music discussion for that matter
keep em comin y'all

Thanx dub is an awesome bass heavy track by sublime love that instrumental gets intense towards the end

Edited by DUBzombie, 30 April 2011 - 10:12 PM.
Too many reasons to fit in this here box

#22 DUBzombie

DUBzombie

resident beat junky

• Expired Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:09 PM

Bass player here... classical to punk
Listen to 20WT good stuff, metal/punk/ska mix... good guys

Id love to play some classical on bass. But as wildburr said tabs suck and thats all i can read right now. Lol ever tried to find tablature for Mozart thats accurate good god.... think it'd be easier to find the Holy Grail sometimes

and i saw you talkn bout 20wt on your 4/20 free music thread ima definetly have to check them out as well. Im curious as to how one might go bout mixing ska and metal, punk and ska I can see. Guess ima have to find out for myself

Edited by DUBzombie, 30 April 2011 - 10:22 PM.

#23 Sittinheavy

Sittinheavy

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:58 AM

I recently started playing bass, but I've been playing guitar for a while now. I really enjoy playing, but without drums or guitar I'd get bored. I use Abelton Live for recording and Superior Drummer/EZplayer for all the drum beats. Then I play guitar or bass one track at a time. I've basically replaced all my amps with electronic one by amplitube. It's a different world from how it used to be, but I enjoy the ability to easily create music any time of the day without having to coordinate with a bunch of people.

#24 DUBzombie

DUBzombie

resident beat junky

• Expired Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:33 PM

I got another doors cd today...havnt had one in a while.
Love how the bass goes along w/ the synth. I read somewhere that their keyboardist was the original bass player and i dont need tabs to hear that they kinda correspond w/ each other and in some parts are exact mirrors of each other. A good example of this would be "Ghost Song" off the American Prayer album. Its Jim Morrison's poetry the Doors put backing music to after his death. The shits out there, but its an amazing album. My gf's here and I need to spend time with her just and interesting tidbit of info peace out

#25 ktbase763

ktbase763

Dimension Elevenish

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:57 AM

From what I've read and heard, the Doors never had a bass player. The keyboardist played the bass pedals on the organ...as far as I know, there never was an actual bass guitar. Prolly why I never could get into the Doors..... :)

#26 wildburr

wildburr

Wildest of Burrs

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,652 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:25 AM

Correct the doors never had a bass player, it was all Ray Manzeric playing it with a bass synthesizer.

#27 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

They did have a bass player sit in during studio sessions though on some Doors albums. Ray did play all the bass stuff live on keyboards though, they never toured with a bass player. :rasta:

Phil Lesh is also an amazing bass player. If you really want to take your playing into a new level, start learning modes. It will help greatly in improving your melodic ability and thinking outside of the pentatonic box/typical scales.

#28 golfyob

golfyob

Space time traveler

• Free Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:29 AM

Clash- magnificent 7 a solid bass line gets your feet tappin
Clash- guns of brixton -nother one of those solid basslines but its def. got some funk to it
Tool - any tools song Justin Chancelor's a beast
Sublime- any sublime song they dont call Eric Wilson God of thunnder for nothing current favs are New Song, Lets go get Stoned, and Thanx dub
LesClaypool is fuckin sick as hell also

:bow::headbang:

Yup that ole Les Claypool...:headbang:
Paul Siminon yea the CLASH!!!!:headbang: NUFF SAID THERE!
Wanna dig a GREAT bass line??? Check out Elvis Costello's 'I dont wanna go to
Cheasea" on This years model...its an old bootleg from about 78 they finally put out..IDK when...had the bootleg since '83.. THAT bassline is THE shit:headbang::headbang::bow::eusa_clap

#29 golfyob

golfyob

Space time traveler

• Free Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

[Direct Link]

Kinda like this! sorry , don't have the whole youtube thing down yet... :(

Edited by golfyob, 03 May 2011 - 05:38 PM.
no direct link

#30 Bulk

Bulk

Plausibly Deniable

• Expired Member
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:43 PM

Any time :thumbup:

Skype jam!

:roll:

Cuz last night I tried to get high enough to just fly down there..... no go man.... lol

#31 DUBzombie

DUBzombie

resident beat junky

• Expired Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

They did have a bass player sit in during studio sessions though on some Doors albums. Ray did play all the bass stuff live on keyboards though, they never toured with a bass player. Phil Lesh is also an amazing bass player. If you really want to take your playing into a new level, start learning modes. It will help greatly in improving your melodic ability and thinking outside of the pentatonic box/typical scales.

cool ty all for setting me straight I obiously was mistaken I know theres not bass guitar in a lot of Doors songs but you can play the keyboard parts on bass
I especially like them for my travels:rasta:

thanks for giving me a sense of direction as to what to try to learn nextsome times the lack of things I dont know is overwhelming when trying to teach myself to play.Its like I've no idea where to go next sometimes.

Recently I was at a Citizen Fish show. Theyre like one of my favorite bands, hands down. And the bass player and trumpet player walk out and sit down right next to me.

Ive never seen citizen fish live. Any way Jasper and Matt sat down and talked to me and my chick for like an hour and a half before they went on. Got some pictures, free cd's and before they played my favorite song shouted out this one for.....(dedicated to me and my chick)

Was epic; at least for me

sick ass bass lines
my ears are still ringing

I had posted a thread about them touring I wasnt trying to spam just trying to see if there was any fans out there.
also that elvis costello link is dope ill them out some more.. recommendations y'all posted later im just too sleep deprived at the moment

Edited by DUBzombie, 13 May 2011 - 04:01 PM.

• Shadowlord likes this

#32 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:17 AM

hell yeah bass :thumbup:

ive been at it goin on 6 years now
i can say it has helped me through some hard times
and introduced me to some great folks

some more obscure stuff that's great

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

#33 friedrice

friedrice

FRIED CULTURE

• Expired Member
  • 470 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:52 AM

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.c...bed/5CUbMi7pOZ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and there is Flea from the RHCP, he my favorite bassist :headbang:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!