Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Psilocybe tampanensis on agar first agar attempt ever.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 arezap

arezap

Underfunded evil genius

• Expired Member
  • 593 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 01:49 PM

It is interesting isn't it? I knew it looked all different. I may try to isolate all the things on this plate when I get more petris to use. Well the prints were questionable as I said but were free so oh well. I was not the grower of the fruits the prints came from. And btw thank you Workman! That excellent print arrived today and I assure you I will take good care of it. [edit] 30 mins later and I broke out the gb and a sterile needle and scraped the print and dragged it across the surface of a mea plate. Now I'll just cross my fingers and hope.

My worksace has a FMRC ion generator running 24/7 and still air in an otherwise unused closed room so I'm fairly certain no airborn contaminants on the plate are from my environment. Secondly, I usually keep strains fruiting fairly separate so no real cross contamination risk there because I switch gloves every strain and use 91% isoprop. on the gloves often and wear a dustmask and clean clothing. Wasn't so carefull last year.

#42 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 02:03 PM

That's nuts! I remember Scatman had a similar occurance with a jar of grain that hadn't been inoculated yet. Far out.

#43 arezap

arezap

Underfunded evil genius

• Expired Member
  • 593 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:57 PM

:offtopic: but I bought some pre steralised jars. I did not, I repeat did not, inocculate them with anything. They sat for about a week before I got to them. I looked at some and I'd swear it was mycelium growing in the un inocculated jar! I kept them and you're not gonna believe this but I now have a few jars of pink oysters pinning invitro! 'Tis very odd since I have no pink oyster spores and the jars came all saran wrapped over the whole case of brf 1/2 pints. That's gonna have to be nother thread.

#44 Workman

Workman

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:34 AM

LOL, thats funny. I guess the lab that you purchased these from must be cross contaminating their grow area with their sterile products area. Oysters are real sporey so its not too hard to beleive.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!