• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 ez_goin

ez_goin

Eager Student

• Expired Member
  • 460 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:44 PM

Cook them first mate, low heat will not remove the active chem and it will make them digestible.

Don't eat and citrus fruits or drinks 12 hours leading upto eating mushrooms or 12 hours after it will not help your gut if citrus is involved

I have read that if you soak some ground mush in lime juice it does a nice job of taking away the stomach nausea. I have yet to try it so I cannot say for sure, but I know it was stated by someone here who I feel knows a great deal. For some reason I want to say Golly, but maybe TasteyBeverage had written that.

#42 Santiago

Santiago

Shepherd

• Expired Member
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:52 PM

I very rarely trip, but when I do, it's usually planned pretty well in advance. Three or four days before I trip I cut out red meats and pork, eating chicken and fish only. I'd do turkey, but I'm not cookin' a turkey. I start eating lots of fresh fruit and whole grains, and then when I trip I make sure to eat a lot of fruit, during and after. When I do this, I just feel better in general, and great after the trip. Never any stomach discomfort. If I'm eating lots of gross food and then trip, I'll feel awful for a few days afterwards. Also, I think it's really important to stretch while you're tripping. It is for me, anyway. Well - I hope this helps.

#43 LipstickMould

LipstickMould

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

Citrus will make the buzz better but it also increases the stomach upset feeling, as its an acid.

Cooking them for a few mins low will not remove anything and adding butter makes them amazing. I have done this many times and we still trip balls ;)

#44 lebrony

lebrony

Stoner

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

could be it because i usually get the munchies when im tripping .. and munchies are rarely healthy foods.. but i seem to get indigestion.. like it wont digest.. it stays up high in the stomach.. weird

#45 LipstickMould

LipstickMould

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:04 PM

Yes,

Acid Reflux, stop spicy oily foods ;)

#46 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:04 PM

Peppermint tea is good for mild upset stomach.

#47 ShroomGuerilla

ShroomGuerilla

Myco-Monkey

• Expired Member
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:04 PM

Papaya extract.

It helps digesting them and more or less eliminates nausea.

:pirate:

#48 feralronin

feralronin

Professional Amateur

• Expired Member
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

Tums or Rolaids. These are included in every mush trip just in case. Need em about 50% of the time.

For me, I take my mush, dried and add about 2 cups of oj, blend, allow to sit, then drank slowly over 5- 10 minutes.

Tums later for acidity issues, stomach cramps if any.

#49 reuv

reuv

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:25 PM

Ginger can help reduce nausea. I would recommend a peppermint tea with ginger.

#50 lebrony

lebrony

Stoner

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:53 PM

great thanks guys.. i'll try some of these things out next time!

#51 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,387 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:13 PM

A simple everclear or honey extraction removes all nausea / stomach issues for me and
anyone I've doled to in the past...

:)

soliver

#52 lebrony

lebrony

Stoner

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:55 PM

how about ginger ale! lol

#53 mestophilies

mestophilies

Suit Up!

• OG VIP
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:23 PM

I drink mine in a sleepy time tea. works well for me.

#54 ishkaboo

ishkaboo

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:55 PM

I got stomach discomfort when straight up eating dried mushroom material, but the next time I decided to go a different route to try and avoid the stomach discomfort, so I crushed the dried material up into powder and mixed it into a glass of grapefruit juice, and guess what, no nausea, bloating, etc whatsoever! Plus they kicked in twice as fast.

Obviously this goes against a lot of the advice in the thread as far as avoiding acidic stuff, but it works for me, and everyone's different so do what works for you.

Oh and just some advice with the nausea thing, marijuana works wonders for nausea, that's why they give medical marijuana to chemo patients who cannot hold down food cause of the intense nausea associated with chemotherapy. Whenever I do a drug that induces nausea, like DXM for example, I always smoke first and it really makes a difference.

#55 lebrony

lebrony

Stoner

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:00 PM

thanks i'll try powdering it and putting it in juice next time.. i usually smoke marijuana anyway so that will probably help

#56 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:11 PM

Citrus/Vitamin C do nothing to enhance a trip.
That is a myth.

*stonedness deleted*
  • lebrony likes this

#57 Itemnine

Itemnine

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

Fuck that powder it and put it in chocolate.

#58 ishkaboo

ishkaboo

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

thanks i'll try powdering it and putting it in juice next time.. i usually smoke marijuana anyway so that will probably help

and keep in mind if for some reason the juice really does fuck with your stomach, you can always take a couple tums to even out the PH in your stomach :thumbup:

#59 ishkaboo

ishkaboo

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

Citrus/Vitamin C do nothing to enhance a trip.
That is a myth.

There is a compound in grapefruit juice, however, that inhibits the enzyme in your liver that metabolizes psilocin/psilocybin. This causes more of the drug to stay in your system longer without being broken down.

Um grapefruit juice inhibits the CYP3A4 enzyme in your liver, psilocybin is metabolized by MAO, hence why MAOI's greatly enhance the effects. GFJ doesn't potentiate psilocybin on a metabolic level. It only interacts with drugs metabolized by CYP3A4, like valium, xanax, oxycodone, etc.

As far as the acid thing goes, it does indeed enhance the trip, not so much with grapefruit because the PH is not acidic enough, but if you try lime or lemon concentrate (plastic fruit shaped bottle) it will break down the mushroom material faster and make it hit you faster/harder IME. They call it "lemon shots" over at the shroomery and many have had the same results as me. :rasta:

#60 lebrony

lebrony

Stoner

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

okay well now im a little confused about whether or not the OJ helps the buzz... and why chocolate?? lol

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!