been to Herakhan 3 times,last year also,

stay safe!
:D

#22 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 03:49 PM

Gorgeous pics Omni thanks for sharing. More please!!!

#23 skywalker

skywalker

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 02:58 PM

Dear Fucgubarn, happy to know that you have been in Herakhan. Do you like the place? I think it' s a very special place: don't miss it if you go in North India Omni.

Attached Thumbnails

• dhuni.jpg
  • herakhan.jpg
  • ashram0001.jpg

#24 omnibot

omnibot

Wanderer

• Expired Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:57 PM

a few more photos

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2755.JPG
  • IMG_2642.JPG
  • IMG_2731.JPG
  • IMG_2601.JPG
  • IMG_2502.jpg
  • IMG_2556.JPG

#25 omnibot

omnibot

Wanderer

• Expired Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:31 PM

I was taking some photos of monkey's about a week ago (in Mussoorie). I was hastling this band of monkeys, getting them all riled up and aggressive in order to get a good picture. All of a sudden I feel something and I look up and about twenty feet up there's a monkey taking a well aimed piss. so much for being the most advanced primate.

I'm in Delhi now and it's hellishly hot. Over 110 a couple days ago. I'm staying with a Korean guy who works for samsung and offered me free room and board in exchange for help with his english. Delhi is just as insane as ever. But now on top of it all there's the heat. I think I'll probably be heading out soon.

Thanks for the suggestion and photos skywalker. I'll definately consider it. How far is Herakhan from Haldwani? I'll probably be going to Bageshwar from here and Haldwani is on the way.

#26 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:38 PM

about twenty feet up there's a monkey taking a well aimed piss

:lol:

#27 loochypooch

loochypooch

Heavy Metal Drummer

• Expired Member
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:43 PM

Great pics Omni, keep em comin!

Hey! What's this guy been doin?
http://mycotopia.net...82&d=1146198504

:teeth:

#28 omnibot

omnibot

Wanderer

• Expired Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:17 AM

I'm headed to Haldwani tonight. I'm taking an overnight train. I'm headed to Bageshwar but Nanital and Haldwani are on the way so I figured I'd stop off for a couple of days.

"From Delhi you go to Haldwani and in Pathel Chowk you ask for the shop of Trilok Singh (Muniraji)."

I'm going to do exactly that. Thanks for the suggestions! How far, timewise, is the ashram from Haldwani?

#29 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:50 AM

Cool I love the pics! Keep em comin'.

#30 statikal

statikal

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 02:05 PM

Next year I will be going to india and stopping in paris and hong kong along the way, I can\'t wait :teeth:

#31 skywalker

skywalker

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 02:42 AM

Sorry Omni for not answering your last question. I wonder if you have finally reached the Herakhan ashram...If you get the chance to connect to the forum, please keep on sending news and photos...

#32 omnibot

omnibot

Wanderer

• Expired Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:20 PM

Lots of people pics this go round.

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture1 090.jpg
  • Picture1 059.jpg
  • Picture1 024.jpg
  • Picture1 056.jpg
  • Picture1 009.jpg
  • IMG_3194.jpg
  • IMG_3178.jpg
  • IMG_3139.jpg
  • IMG_3006.jpg
  • IMG_2994.jpg

#33 omnibot

omnibot

Wanderer

• Expired Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:42 PM

And here are a couple from Haidakhan Ashram. The first one is of the shop in Haldwani Skywalker told me about. I took a taxi to the Ashram (600 rupees) and spent a few very interesting days there. The woman who seems to run the show is named Kari. A few years back she sold all her posessions and permanently set up shop at Haikakhan. I talked to her quite a bit. She says that she is a psychic and channels Babaji (the person/guru the temple was founded by). I was hesitant to fully participate in the arti, the regular evening chanting session in the temple. My reason for this is that I'm cautious about participating in religious activities and ceremonies unless I fully understand their implications and meanings. If I don't agree with the meaning of something then I'm not going to spend hours repeating that thing. Kari was somewhat unhappy about this and tryed to convince me to let go of my intellectual side and just jump in. Similar to the times many Christians have told me that I should take "the step of faith". As best I can I try to approach experiences with my whole being (intillectual, emotional, intuitive) and I'm always cautious when someone asks me to just set one of those aside.

In the end I attended arti silently during the time of my stay, and indeed the experience was powerful. The songs were quite beautiful and just meditating to the sound was a very positive experience.

From my stay at Haidukhan I got the impression that hinduism is very nearly drowning in the quantity of symbolism that has arisen out of it. The flames and bells and pujas and third eyes and gods and water and bowing seem sometimes to overpower the underlying truth it might hold. A good portion of the people who participate in hindu ceremonies can't explain what the symbols mean when asked.

After Haidakhan I spent some time with a family in a very rural area. This was also a very interesting experience. The picture with the donkey posted above was taken at some soapstone mines in that area. Soapstone mines are a popular means of income. Most of it is used for cosmetics.

That's great Statikal! You'll love it.

btw thanks for the positive responses to the pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture1 137.jpg
  • Picture1 127.jpg
  • Picture1 115.jpg
  • Picture1 087.jpg

#34 fucgubarn

fucgubarn

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 764 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:13 AM

Hey Omnibot,
that second picture,that little alley was destroyed by the river last year,my friends and i caried stones from the river for the guy who was rebuilding it,

from the picture i see that nobody cares for the garden?
how was the charas,didn't you try the local stuf ?:D:D

#35 fucgubarn

fucgubarn

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 764 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:53 AM

skywalker - do you know somnath?

#36 omnibot

omnibot

Wanderer

• Expired Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 02:12 AM

didn't try any ganja but it's amazing how much pot is growing all over the place in Uttaranchal! This pic was taken in Almora. BTW thanks skywalker and fucgubarn for the inspiration to go to Haidakhan. It was definately worth it.

"that second picture,that little alley was destroyed by the river last year,my friends and i caried stones from the river for the guy who was rebuilding it,"

Nice!!! Funny to think that a fellow mycotopiate helped make a stone walkway in India that I walked on.

"from the picture i see that nobody cares for the garden?"

It looked nice to me. But then again I'm no expert.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3014.jpg

#37 omnibot

omnibot

Wanderer

• Expired Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:05 AM

In Kanda (the rural area where I stayed) I met a dutch girl whose been working for Azarius almost since their beginning. I'm passing through Europe on the way back to the States so I'm considering perhaps making a stop in Amsterdam to meet up with her again.

#38 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:27 AM

http://mycotopia.net...77&d=1148541276

honey, pack our bags, we're moving to india!!

that's a mighty fine looking ass there

http://mycotopia.net...61&d=1148530753

great pix, omni
:bow:

#39 skywalker

skywalker

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:00 PM

skywalker - do you know somnath?

Dear fucgubarn, I know nearly all the (old) western and Indian devotees. The name Somnath says to me something, but at the moment I don't remember. If you want say to me more about...:dance:

#40 skywalker

skywalker

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:06 PM

Dear Omni, very happy to know that finally you went to Herakhan (and my infos were useful). Did you know Muniraji? I agree with you, it's not necessary to become a devotee or something like that if one doesn't feel, but anyway you visited a beautiful and strong place and had a chance to closely observe hindu rituals and hear beautiful bhajans (songs)...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!