Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Have you ever experienced Ego Death?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you ever experienced Ego Death?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Have you ever experienced Ego Death?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:54 PM

Answer: Yes, No, or no idea what I'm talking about. :thumbup:
  • Black Rabbit likes this

#2 Morgoth

Morgoth

Iluvatar

• Expired Member
  • 346 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:58 PM

Yes I have my friend, but it sounds like this thread belongs in Storming The Gates opposed to Botanicals....

:neutral:

Mod will fix perhaps...

#3 XQCO

XQCO

KNOW THYSELF

• Expired Member
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:58 PM

You could make a poll if your looking for more centralized results to your question, but..

Yes I have on an Aya trip. I died a thousand deaths and lived a thousand lives. Awe inspiring experience.
  • Tsering likes this

#4 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:05 PM

I'm a damn noob, I'll admit it. But...fascinating responses, already. I can tell this is going to be interesting!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

#5 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

Do you know what is buried beneath the "Sphinx"?

#6 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:31 PM

Just curious.

#7 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:34 PM

Yes I have many times. I like the breakthroughs. When you think you are dying thats EGO death. Just remember the EGO fights so glow with the flow and just let go.

#8 pizark2

pizark2

hallucinaginusinghooligan

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:44 PM

It made me realize I need nothing but food,water,shelter,seeds and weapon.

#9 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,093 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:08 PM

Well I have to say I never actually experienced EGO in the first place.

Although the phrase I have just spoken is full of contradictions,

I would say the first experience was when I was scolded by my parents for not telling them what I wanted to do for a career when I was awfully young. I felt like I could do whatever I needed to do, depending on the time and circumstances... I didn't see the necessity of committing myself to one thing or another (read: limit myself) at such a young age. I knew we were all part of something big, and our roles were ever-changing.

I still don't see the point of a capitalist career mentality. Although I'm a total hypocrite in saying this, being a medical student.

I don't think I'm going to do much with my "career". I feel the psyche of the world collapsing, and needing something vital soon.

Healthcare is one thing. Loving and being loved is another. People can survive with healthcare. But living without love turns you into a zombie.
  • Morgoth and ktbase763 like this

#10 Ferretious

Ferretious

Mycelium or your's?

• Expired Member
  • 728 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:15 AM

Once on mushrooms and once on LSD. They were basicaly bum trips!
Not nice at all!:dead::thumbdown:

#11 Windy

Windy

I like to ride my Trich

• Expired Member
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:38 AM

Yes, both on LSD. First time I was trying to get home at early morning in a remote part of NZ (picture 600 people living along 300 km of road, surrounded by subtropical rainforest) and a light kept opening up behind me in the corner of my eye, and I thought blood was flooding my eyes. I thought that demons were coming from the light to take me, and so I would run, but when I looked around the light disappeared. The more I ran the faster my heartbeat went and I was worried about a heart attack. This went on for ages so eventually I just curled up in a ball along the highway and rode it out. That was a Salvador dali experience.

Second time was at the sea peaking looking at the waves after a festival, I was metres from a friend but literally couldn't find him, or 'see' him, so I somehow rode it out until a friend picked me up and put me on a mattress. I went so far into my mind that it was as if I turned it inside out, I saw everything about anything. I had to let it go rather than fight it and thought that if I die it would be harmless, so went deeper and deeper. It was so refreshing to wake up the next day.

#12 Morgoth

Morgoth

Iluvatar

• Expired Member
  • 346 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:07 AM

Yes I have many times. I like the breakthroughs. When you think you are dying thats EGO death. Just remember the EGO fights so glow with the flow and just let go.

:bow: Agreed 100% As Terence McKenna likes to say "If you're not concerned you've taken too much, you probably haven't taken enough"

Lately I would consider trips at the dose that could get me to "ego death" more of a breakthrough like Irish said because I usually still know my name and stuff, I've thought I was dying but still knew it was me I thought was dying. I reserve "ego death" for the rare occasion I take enough to actually forget my name. In this state death isn't even on the menu.

I find trips that have a rough peak to have the most pleasant, wonderful come down.:thumbup:

Lol Irish you said "glow with the flow" When you do go with flow you're sure to be glowing so that works hahaha

:bow: Amen brother. Add a woman to that and I'm solid :lol:

Do you know what is buried beneath the "Sphinx"?

No Idea man I've read about some secret chambers or something like that but that was a while ago. Egyptology is wicked cool though.

The line on my sig is just from the P-Funk jam Mothership Connection

I dunno if ya get down on the funk but...

[Direct Link]

Funny, and profound! :offtopic:

#13 psylocaria

psylocaria

Search for understanding

• Free Member
  • 554 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:07 AM

Once on psylocybe, once on Amanita (both awe inspiring experiances), and a few times on salvia. Scary, but kind of like poking at a bruse(hurts but feels so good at the same time). Salvia cartoon land scares the shit out of me, as if being part of an interconnected network of people who have used salvia and are all headed strait for hell, but I feel like I need to do another big bong load and the message may become more clear. Actualy, I've been wanting to chew a couple large quids to see if the message is the message is the same, or if the salvia goddess just gets pissed when you torch her with a bic.

#14 Cactguy

Cactguy

Cactus Worshipper

• Expired Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

I didn't answer because I've never been able to figure out exactly what "ego death" means. I've been at this a long time (middle age is right around the corner. :eusa_doh:) I've had trips where I "died" and went to another place. Often times confronting my fear of death and my knowledge that we are powerless in the face of the universe.

Other times I have trips where what "died" was my sense of self and the false boundaries that create the illusion that my persona and psyche is some how distinct from the universe. That beautiful liminal zone where free will and fate both exist simultaneously and unfettered. A wonderful place where not only do we know the mundane truth that that we a part of nature but the fantastic truth that our minds and psyche are nature and universe. A place where the beauty of existence is laid bare for anyone who wants to see.

I know that in most "near death" experiences the latter experience, the boundaries dissolving, happens as well, but I know that you can have one without the other. Esp. if your ego tries to hold on.

But what type of "ego death" are people referring to I used to assume the latter but sometimes people seem to be talking more about the "near death" experience which is not, the kind of "ego death" I first think of.
  • Stoned Angel likes this

#15 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:13 PM

1st time on LSD, 2nd time on twocee, 3rd time on psilocybin (treshold dose), 4, 5 and other times during meditation or before waking.
The first time was a fucking struggle - it took me many years and trips to get there. Fuck me, that was a heavy burden! It really did feel like dying, but since then every other time it was just like 'living' in the moment. The simplest realization of a mind. It's so funny that the mind is playing games with itself. It is like if it was running away from itself and when it met itself to say; hey man! it's you! There was no distinction between anything.

Imagine a person sitting in front of a mirror. He is his own reflection but at the same time, one of these pictures is not real in a sense, yet they both exist. This is the sense of confusion that most of us carry all the time. But what is the answer to what's real here? Everything and nothing at all.

#16 Beast

Beast

That's Mr. Beast to you..

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:26 PM

If it comes back afterwards, was it really dead in the first place? "Ego Nap" seems more appropriate...

#17 Om shanti

Om shanti

S.W.I.M. in H.POO

• Expired Member
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:27 PM

:bow:
http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1305926657

Attached Thumbnails

• Machine_Gun_Buddha_by_FerdinandBardamu.jpg

#18 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

I have experienced several times on breakthrough doses. The most intense one was on Mescaline where I, battled to the wits of my being. I've learned letting go and letting the trip take you where it wants wheither you think you are dying is the best lesson and healing of all.

#19 VirgilCaine

VirgilCaine

Pre-hungover

• Expired Member
  • 679 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:49 PM

To me, ego death is realizing that everything is one; not needing to identify any of it. All of it-the same essence.

I been there a few times, once I even tripped I was the God in control of it!-Would that be ego birth? Or at least, ego-add-on?

#20 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:51 PM

To me, ego death is realizing that everything is one; not needing to identify any of it. All of it-the same essence.

I been there a few times, once I even tripped I was the God in control of it!-Would that be ego birth? Or at least, ego-add-on?

Perhaps a rebirth

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!