Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Have you ever experienced Ego Death?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you ever experienced Ego Death?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Have you ever experienced Ego Death?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 cheech

cheech

wizard of sorts

• Expired Member
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:09 AM

on acid, fungi and k. iv k is good for ego death.

#42 psylocaria

psylocaria

Search for understanding

• Free Member
  • 554 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:22 AM

Just thought of another time where I was at least in a
state of ego loss, and the reason I didn't think of this
before, is because in this instance I never broke though,
but stayed at the threshhold for a few days strait.

Just after completing my term of service in the army, I
was fortunate enough to attend a kick ass jam band fest
where I promptly procured an assortment of party favors
and began to indulge. I met people shared my stash, they
shared theirs, and as time went on I was getting
increasingly more fucked up. I loosened up and began doing
things that I generally would have the coordination to learn,
or feel confident doing sobber. I danced, with total confidence.
I learned to hula hoop, began juggling, and got up on a slack
line for the first time, and joined into djembi circles in the park.

This, as I said was accomplished through partial ego dismantling or
loss and not complete ego death and rebirth as I described in my
previous post. After this event 15 years ago, I am always on the
lookout to have the experience again. Sometimes I succeed and
others I fail miserably to one extreme or another. I think that the
majority of fluctuation is due to set, setting, and mental and
physical preparation, taken befor I trip.

Oh, and another factor in some cases, especially when
taking A. Muscaria, is whether I have some dank nugs to
Potentiate the effects. Mary Jane, is like a satellite dish the
receives and amplifies the messages that AM is trying to convey.

I think that's all the commentary I have at the time.

Edited by psylocaria, 21 May 2011 - 08:29 AM.

#43 6fingers

6fingers

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:57 AM

Its interesting how some have stated here they had ego death but was part of a "Bum trip" or was as some kind of negative symtom, and others see the ego death as a breakthrough point in their trip
I have felt ego death on a few trips on different substances and it has cleared a world of clutter from my mind, saying that I realize I need to do some housework to clear some clutter from my kitchen.. =)

#44 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,805 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:43 AM

yep, we're seeing evidence of not being able to pin down the definition of ego death.

as said above some people are confusing a bad trip with ego death. notice that the personal pronoun I keeps popping up in the discussion. It seems to me that this is precisely the ego talking, as opposed to vanishing. The I in the bad trip is struggling to keep its identity whereas the I in Ego Death just yields and goes away.

pharmer would argue that anytime I shows up - as in I want, or I fear, or I am trying to stear the trip - it demonstrates that Ego Death has not happened because I is still driving the boat. The natural condition is that I is always in control taking care of survival business. Ego Death is no I.

pharmer guesses you gotta see it to know it.

#45 6fingers

6fingers

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

yep, we're seeing evidence of not being able to pin down the definition of ego death.

as said above some people are confusing a bad trip with ego death. notice that the personal pronoun I keeps popping up in the discussion. It seems to me that this is precisely the ego talking, as opposed to vanishing. The I in the bad trip is struggling to keep its identity whereas the I in Ego Death just yields and goes away.

pharmer would argue that anytime I shows up - as in I want, or I fear, or I am trying to stear the trip - it demonstrates that Ego Death has not happened because I is still driving the boat. The natural condition is that I is always in control taking care of survival business. Ego Death is no I.

Well put.. Pharmer :greenboun

#46 flor

flor

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

Hello, I am new to this site and this is my first post. I live in mexico and have tried several times de plants here.
I ate mushrooms several times, but only once I had a very potent ego death experience that changed my life. It started as a very not normal trip, because I wasnt hallucitating nor seeing colors etc. I was going deeper and deeper inside me. A process in which I had no choice or decision at all was triggered. I started to "see" or “feel” all of what I thought I was: my virtues, my defects, my talents, my likes and dislikes, the things or people I loved or had hurted me, my experiences, my family, all that I knew, and as each thing was, like, presented in me, something in me saw with complete certainty "this is not me", and discarded it. Thing after thing passed, I was peeling like an onion, this is not me, this is not me either, this is not me either, this is just a completetly unessencial quality that only has to do with circumstances and if circumstances would have been other (being born in another country, family, time, etc),"I" would have been something else, and so on. So, little by little, everything that I had always been certain that that was "me", was stripped mercyless as being circumstancial and non essencial, until there was.....NOTHING!!!!!
This was quite terrifying. I realized then that "I" had died. There was nothing there, AND THERE HAD NEVER BEEN NOTHING THERE!! “I” had always been an illusion and now the illusion had been dismantled !!!! There were no desires for “I” because “I” no longer existed, and this emptyness was terrifying because it was a disconnected emptyness. I call it the “cosmic lonelyness”.
And, after a while of feeling this cosmic lonelyness and feeling that there was nothing to do about it, something moved and surrendered. And then I felt like I was a hollow emptyness, like a flute, and that something like a cosmic incredbly powerful wind was running thru me, and this wind was also like a fire, and it was LOVE, and an incredible bliss and perfection and gratitude that couldn’t be destroyed or changed by anything, no matter what happened, because IT was the essence of all things hollow, and “IT” was everywhere and always, and alive and powerful and burning everything into existence, and the “I” very softly started to come back but still hollow and letting this current of power and love go thru, and “I” did not give a damn if I died right in that moment because “IT” WAS, and nothing could change that, and I was crying like a child and feeling thank you, thank you, I don’t need anything else now forever, even if I completely forget this experience, even if my life turns out miserable, whatever happens, IT is and nothing can affect it.
I believe certain experiences, caused by whatever, (substances, meditation, near death experiences or whatever), even if they are within the line of chronological time in our lives, they happened somewhere else, beyond time and space, and they remain there “forever”.
  • Tsering, Irishlion and Shroomette like this

#47 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

flor, yeah, you definitely had an ego death. That is a Classic ego death, if I ever did hear one. It sounds like you went all the way...about as far as a person can possibly go. That is something to be celebrated, I don't think most people will ever make it that far. Thanks very much for sharing.

#48 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:06 PM

im not even sure what the term ego death is... now.. .however... i have felt my essence .. err energy? waft about space.. not sure how high or far.. but the feeling was real... but the term ego death... i dunno if its for me.....

Ego death is when your Self, or identity, is completely dismantled and you are "stripped bare before god" I think as one person put it. It is something that there would be no question about if you had it, if it ever happened to you. Personally, I have never had one. And, then, all your neural networks are put back together, or "reestablished", "rebooted" as some people call it.

Have you ever tried DMT or Ayahuasca? If you have, then I would be surprised if you haven't had ego death.

#49 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:12 PM

The trip gets to a point where "I" no longer exist. There are no thoughts of arms or legs or heartbeat. There are no needs or desires. There is no planning for later or concerns of things left undone. All concerns for the physical body disappear, vanish, cease.
In that condition the being that used to be all caught up in "I" gets to run free because "I" no longer exist. What lives inside of I is not a thing that must do, must have, must be percieved just so, must be acknowledged .

That is an excellent definition of Ego Death. It is when there is nothing left to do, nothing left to analyze or categorize or label, just to simply "be." That's Ego Death.

#50 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

Ego death is when your Self, or identity, is completely dismantled and you are "stripped bare before god" I think as one person put it. It is something that there would be no question about if you had it, if it ever happened to you. Personally, I have never had one. And, then, all your neural networks are put back together, or "reestablished", "rebooted" as some people call it.

Have you ever tried DMT or Ayahuasca? If you have, then I would be surprised if you haven't had ego death.

You want a ego death my friend then try 1200 fresh grams of trichocereus bridgesii the achuma cactus. Make that into a tea using my cactus tea tek and slam. I promise you a ride you won't soon forget. ALWAYS remember that a natural associative hallucinogen can't kill or hurt you but, it damn sure will make u think you are dying and that is EGO death

#51 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

It's pure beauty- matter being created... A good dose is just that- a mental supernova

Very good. Thank you!!

#52 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:32 PM

To me what the ego death is, is when your overcome your own personaltiy and submit to whatever is taking you over by passing the concenious mind if you will.
Now all this is going on at the same time and we resopond to this by freaking ourselves out thinkink OMG i am gonna die what if I took too much omg omg and it increases in intensity causing our heart to beat fast as fuck, so our body releases more adriline that would be the waves you feel and they freak out because they have lost site of the fact that no tryptamine can kill you or hurt you or mescaline for that matter.
To me thats a ego death break thorough.

Irishlion, thank you so much for all your posts on this thread. They are, as always, very enlightening and informative. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around some of the things that you've said here.

Thanks to all who have posted here. There is just so much good, useful information that I don't have a chance to thank every person individually. I have learned something new from every single post on this Thread!!

#53 chaoticape

chaoticape

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:24 PM

The line on my sig is just from the P-Funk jam Mothership Connection

I dunno if ya get down on the funk but... http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PR-m-QDDKPI

Funny, and profound! :offtopic:

Love it

#54 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:19 AM

Egyptology is wicked cool though.
The line on my sig is just from the P-Funk jam Mothership Connection
I dunno if ya get down on the funk but...

[Direct Link]

Checked out the vid. Not exactly my genre, normally, but hey I really like it. Sounds very good.

#55 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:21 AM

Thanks to all the people who added to my Reputation. Not sure who you are, and I may never know who did, but thank you just the same. :) :)
  • psylocaria likes this

#56 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

The process of ego death is nothing without rebirth. Ultimately death is only transition to another life, so...

http://mycotopia.net...81-rebirth.html

#57 FieldofShrooms

FieldofShrooms

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 95 posts

Donator

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

Several times in fact, but the most memorable was watching the powers of light and dark battle for my soul in the corner of a room while I curled up in a ball knowing full well I was about to be judged while waiting in purgatory to see who would reap my soul in the afterlife...and it all started with my friend's Japanese maple tree growing in his yard. The leaves turned into dark purple hellish flames as it grew larger from an ever widening abyss and spiraled from there. Started at 7.5g dry.

#58 fingers

fingers

mycoholic

• Expired Member
  • 391 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:30 PM

now that definately makes ego death sound scarey! daaaaamn! so let me ask you guys who have experienced ego death... at the time (and after for that matter) was it a 'pleasant' experience, or as thoroughly frightening as it sounds to me?
Just wondering how far to push the envelope on my next trip.
thanks guys :thumbup:

:greenbounFingers:greenboun

#59 Oblivion

Oblivion

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

Every time I wake up after a trip, my ego is poking my shoulder saying 'wake up little buddy, we've got shit to do'. I don't really know what the coined phrase means. I like my personality for the most part. I have no desire to watch it erode. There are things about me that I need to work on sure but, well, shit man, I like me.

#60 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,805 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

now that definately makes ego death sound scarey! daaaaamn! so let me ask you guys who have experienced ego death... at the time (and after for that matter) was it a 'pleasant' experience, or as thoroughly frightening as it sounds to me?
Just wondering how far to push the envelope on my next trip.
thanks guys :thumbup:

:greenbounFingers:greenboun

I can only speak for myself, there certainly seems to be some wildly differing opionions about this.

No, not scary. It's actually more of an unburdening. Once you've been without your own PITA ego for awhile you'd really like to spend more time wiithout it.

As far as pushing the envelope - on any given trip you roll the dice. you might get a blowjob or you might get bit.

In general I'd say if the day, week, and month you trip you've been in a good mood and your future looks good you'll very likely have a good and pleasant trip.

You may find out you have some personal issues percolating around just beneath your conscious level of thought that pop up and demand to be analyzed RIGHT NOW. It happens, and you never know when.

Do what you want to do and go at it with a positive attitude.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!