Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Have you ever experienced Ego Death?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you ever experienced Ego Death?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Have you ever experienced Ego Death?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:38 PM

Every time I wake up after a trip, my ego is poking my shoulder saying 'wake up little buddy, we've got shit to do'. I don't really know what the coined phrase means. I like my personality for the most part. I have no desire to watch it erode. There are things about me that I need to work on sure but, well, shit man, I like me.

If you learned valuable lessons, Life Lessons, during the trip,, it would be telling you to start integrating it.

But, because it says "to do"... "do" being the operative word here, it is more likely telling you to get on with experiencing life. That is what it is interested in...experiencing, plain-and-simple.

Edited by beammeupscottie, 25 May 2011 - 09:11 PM.

#62 Black Rabbit

Black Rabbit

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:08 PM

I prefer to experience "ego death" while under the influence of something..mesc, lsd, shrooms, dmt, etc....

Sometimes experiencing it through meditation is very ..amazing, peaceful, actually, more like a sense of "nothingness"

but since I was younger, I have been experiencing an "ego death" at times that I want to get the fuck away from. I wish I could explain it. Maybe it isn't ego death I'm not sure, but I feel trapped in my body, I want to freak out that I have to "be" that I'm even alive and have roles and have to make decisions and be a woman that i look like i do in this body.. etc i could go on...but it is honestly so much scarier of an experience and feeling than being on any substance I've ever taken. I wish I could describe it better.
  • Tsering likes this

#63 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

I prefer to experience "ego death" while under the influence of something..mesc, lsd, shrooms, dmt, etc....
Sometimes experiencing it through meditation is very ..amazing, peaceful, actually, more like a sense of "nothingness"
but since I was younger, I have been experiencing an "ego death" at times that I want to get the fuck away from. I wish I could explain it. Maybe it isn't ego death I'm not sure, but I feel trapped in my body, I want to freak out that I have to "be" that I'm even alive and have roles and have to make decisions and be a woman that i look like i do in this body.. etc i could go on...but it is honestly so much scarier of an experience and feeling than being on any substance I've ever taken. I wish I could describe it better.

No, I know exactly what you're talking about. Have you ever tried having an OBE and then coming back in?

(Anyone that's ever listened to their own voice on an answering machine can probably relate to what you're saying on a smaller scale.)

"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves ... "
-Bill Hicks

#64 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

but since I was younger, I have been experiencing an "ego death" at times that I want to get the fuck away from. I wish I could explain it. Maybe it isn't ego death I'm not sure, but I feel trapped in my body

i could go on...but it is honestly so much scarier of an experience and feeling than being on any substance I've ever taken. I wish I could describe it better.

That is consciousness expansion btw similar but not quite the same as ego death. Ego death is when you're dismantled, and then put back together. Your identity is exposed for what it really is. You find out that the reality that everybody thinks is reality is not really reality at all.

#65 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,564 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:52 PM

i am still not quite sure what ego death is but have prolly experienced it. there are several times where i thought i was dying. and didnt care if i did...in fact, i welcomed it

#66 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:39 PM

It is perfectly natural to be afraid of the unknown. We all are. I know I for one am. There are some things that we need to ease into...our bodies are not made to handle and we are not fully ready for yet.

#67 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:42 PM

It will all come in due course.

But the important thing is to keep seeking.

#68 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:45 PM

Thanks to all who have contributed to this post.

It is interesting to see each person's unique perspectives.
I have gained a lot from it.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!