• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

And tell your friends and families. Could be in for one hell of a market crash, right here! No shit. :hookah:

#2 PsychonautPower

PsychonautPower

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 613 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:57 PM

Fuck man. I hope to fucking damn that nothing happens. I straight up lost 50k during the last crash. Shit I hope your wrong.

Edited by PsychonautPower, 24 May 2011 - 11:29 PM.

#3 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

:hugs: Lazlo!!!!! Fucking good to see you, but did ya have to bring bad news????

I've been trying to pull my 401k and they won't let me, say I have to take a loan, blah blah. Current administration changed the rules to pull money out a couple years ago. I quit making disbursements to my 401k, I'd rather have the extra money in my paycheck than the fucking market.

#4 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,164 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

Great advice Laz.

What I would like to know is where this so called investment money goes when the market crashes.
You buy stocks. This money is supposed to go to part ownership of a company. This company makes profits and you share this.

When this company takes your money, where does it go? Do you have any idea how they are using it?
When the market crashes where does this money go? You can guarantee someone has taken your hard earned cash and stuffed it in their pockets. This money did not just go up in smoke.

I have a friend whos mother lost 200 grand in the last crash. This is only one person. Take all the investors in the world and ask yourself, where did this money go?

Keep your money in your hand and you will be better off.

#5 PsychonautPower

PsychonautPower

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 613 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:20 PM

Lazlo, may I ask why you think another crash is coming?

#6 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,164 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

If I may, Psychonaut, the recent crash is not the first one, and it will not be the last.

#7 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:25 PM

Will this be the last market crash period? Because what goes up must go down and so forth.

So good to see you Lazlo :hugs:

Mahalo~Dani

#8 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

Good to see you Lazlo :thumbup:

.999 bullion Silver is my best pick for safety!
Because it is used in electronics, medical industry, jewelry, Solar Panels and Bullion for the masses, and barter currency.
the funny thing is World bank and the Fed have zero bars on hand!

Also the comex stocks that "hold" the silver for you only have 100,000,000 troy oz. silver - however they have dealt out 900,000,000 certificates to "hold" a troy oz. of Silver! :special:
It is bound to come crashing down when there is a "rich riot" and everyone comes looking for their bullion.

Copper is money, Silver is Money - paper is not really money. Just an IOU note promising you the precious metals you own that someone else is holding for you :neutral: Or something like that :)

#9 ryanzreality

ryanzreality

mushroom murderer

• Expired Member
  • 907 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:28 PM

let the silver rush begin. it like all metal will go up by leaps and bounds.

#10 PsychonautPower

PsychonautPower

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 613 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:30 AM

If I may, Psychonaut, the recent crash is not the first one, and it will not be the last.

True true, but so soon after the last? I havent seen that pattern yet.

#11 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:39 AM

Yea that's what I don't get because the market is very high right now around 10,000. That's very high but anything can happen. The end of the market might not be so bad but idk I'm not a broker obviously :lol:

#12 amphispiza

amphispiza

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 343 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

Sure, people lost alot a few years ago, but if they stayed in the market they largely recovered those losses since. Crashes can be brought about by everyone pulling their investments.......

#13 LittleLionMan

LittleLionMan

Question Seeker

• Expired Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

Hmm. As a younger one myself (early 20's), I can't imagine investing in anything other then commodity. The concept of buying a share in a company only makes sense to me if it's a big enough share to effect(Perhaps this should be affect?) the decisions made by the company.

Now slightly off topic because i have peaked my own interest in the subject. If you owned 51% of the share's in a company, would that mean you could make the decisions? Like fire the CEO, and put your own guy in?

over and out.
:eusa_doh:

#14 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

When there's widespread fear and panic like this, it could also be the best time to buy. No fear here. Im gettin in at the bottom, just before the swoop up.

#15 LittleLionMan

LittleLionMan

Question Seeker

• Expired Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

No fear here. Im gettin in at the bottom, just before the swoop up.

Optimism always wins out in the end, eh?

#16 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

You buy stocks. This money is supposed to go to part ownership of a company. This company makes profits and you share this.

When this company takes your money, where does it go? Do you have any idea how they are using it?

When you buy stock, you have a part ownership in the company, yes, to a certain extent (much more so if the shares are Preferred). But you are not actually "sharing in their profits," you are sharing in their "expectation" of profits. There's a huge difference.

Where does it go? Could go to the Mutual Funds, could go to the Hedge Funds, could go to the uber-rich man, could go to the Poor Man. It goes to whoever was smart enough and/or lucky enough to take their chips off the table at the right moment in time.

"where does it go? Do you have any idea how they are using it?" It goes to the Company. They get to use it. And, as far as how they are going to use it, no, you don't have any idea how they're going to use it. You can look on their Proxy statements and see how they HAVE been using your money though. You can attend shareholder meetings and then your voice may or may not be heard. Just as attending a townhall meeting, your voice may or may not be heard.

Edited by beammeupscottie, 26 May 2011 - 04:02 PM.

#17 beammeupscottie

beammeupscottie

Multidimensional being

• Expired Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:00 PM

...only makes sense to me if it's a big enough share to effect(Perhaps this should be affect?) the decisions made by the company.
Now...i have peaked my own interest in the subject. If you owned 51% of the share's in a company, would that mean you could make the decisions? Like fire the CEO, and put your own guy in?:eusa_doh:

No you will not affect the company in any way unless you have an overwhelmingly large percentage of the stock. If you have a 90% stake in a company currently valued at around a million dollars, you might have a say, but you've still got to get in past the Board of Directors. You can't raise your finger and fire the CEO unless you own 100% of the shares outstanding as well as the float.

#18 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

I would like to know what happens when everyone cashes in their stocks which is paper really and doesn't get there money. If the market crashes there will be the usual mass panic?
Who knows how much a company really has now a days because people are always getting bigger and bigger quartile profits?

The bubble alway's somehow "breaks" :mistrust:

Can they really back what there selling? To me that's what I wonder about..

#19 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:54 AM

My boss made like 60K in the swoop up. Sadly, I missed it and didnt get in before the swoop up but it appears that he was right when everyone else was screaming and running for the hills. This is a perfect example of most of us having been taught flat wrong....to be extra careful, to never take risks in order to keep our little bit of money safe. -Wrong way of thinking if you want to make money.

Truth is, there is no way to get rich if you're unwilling to take risks. In this case, 'balls' and a little knowledge generates cash, and that should be good news to folks like us who dont mind a challenge, who bravely take risks all the time.

Money and risk go together like peas and carrots. And to go further, we should become more comfortable with taking financial risks, minimize exposure while maximizing reward potential and knowledge about a given investment to make your money make money for you. Risk versus reward potential, cut your losses without emotion, and ride your gains as long as they go. Most people sell too soon and miss a lot of gains or hold onto bad investments too long because of emotional attachment.

This is the secret philosophy of the rich, to have no fear when it comes to taking financial risks, to be objective and have good judgement, and that risk -taking makes the rich richer and richer, while we discuss how to be more careful and avoid risk altogether.

Edited by riseabovethought, 27 May 2011 - 10:01 AM.

#20 pizark2

pizark2

hallucinaginusinghooligan

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:31 AM

Some obscene number of self made millionaires have filed bankruptcy. They are not afraid to take risks AND screw people over.I'd rather live simply.
  • riseabovethought likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!