stoffel

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

my verry first trip i listened to this:

[Direct Link]

november from the folk group faun.
at the time i wasnt familliar with any entheogens.
in fact mushrooms where the first things i ever put in my boddy, un knowing wat was to come.

i had a passion for iron age, vikings, folk music and so on at the time, so i didnt searched for apropriate music, just turned my mp3 on, alone in my beds, home grown, not knowing what was to come and not told anybody what i was going to do (maybe that wasnt not so smart but it turned out great)
other groups on it where 'the moon and the nightspirit' and some other similair groups.

turns out it was amazing. later i discovered more psychedelic music like sphonge and so on, but i REALY recomend listening this song on a trip. i did it in my warm bed, with some ear buds in my ears. in a total blisfull state floating trough 3d buildings and electric clowns.

a shame only the first time it feels like this (later i've got multiple verry good trips and some bad that teached me about myself) but its more 'fishy' then the first time. still, you are not going to be dissapointed if you decide to try listen this song :) it didnt sound like 'folk' anymore, it was just, magical, holy...

peace :)

these days i mostly listen to psybient like ott, carbon based lifeforms, hammock, watever youtube has to offer. (oh the dreadfull comercials :( ) still some folk once and a while, jazz, psytrance/goa like astrix, psygasus ( ) my alltime favorites are by far sphongle, carbon based lifeforms and ott. oh and sometimes some gazing things like jónsi and his group. if find tripping in silence is also verry good, but a sitter who puts some music on right after the peak and tries to see if the tripper likes it is a must, pure luxury (if they understand, one time i was amazed by the snow/disconected screen on the tv, and tried to tell to leave it on, my friend didnt understand :s) i am talking to much... :eusa_shif

:)

Edited by stoffel, 17 November 2012 - 06:21 PM.

#42 Deepmeditator

Deepmeditator

DeepMediTated

• OG VIP
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

#43 MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Gonna save the mods some post moderating, so no vids for you unfortunately.. but check out some:

Androcell - Neurosomatic Circuit is a hell of a tune to trip to
Saafi Brothers

Both electronic ambient, very much a shroomy vibe.. slow, bassy, pulsing, type thing.

For a perfectly harmonious combination of every kind of music imaginable check out some Fat Freddy's Drop. I swear by those guys, saw them live in Bristol and they were incredible.. never known an artist to be that in tune with the audience, or vice versa.
Anyway.. they're funky, spacey, soulful and melodic with some electronic influences. Brilliant for any state of mind ;)
  • GORF likes this

#44 FungiVarekai

FungiVarekai

Machine Elf

• Expired Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

slow, bassy, pulsing, type thing.

This ^^^

Drum beats that confuse the consciousness. Many shamanic traditions use drumming to induce trance and vision states. Instrumental hip hop, glitch hop, and warm, wobbly sounds have been ideal for my travels:

DJ Shadow
Pretty Lights
Blockhead
Opiuo
Tsutchie
Ill-esha
Edit
Brian Eno (Ambient 1-4)
Argaman

#45 shade-of-deep-purple

shade-of-deep-purple

Psychedelic Musician

• Expired Member
  • 360 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

On my first trip I used the album Tomorrow by the sixties psych band Tomorrow and the album Shades Of Deep Purple by Deep Purple.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!