• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 drwombatt

drwombatt

gnothi seauton~

• Expired Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

Hey guys i am considering making one of these wok antenna's.

I found the wok anttenna from the pringles "canttenna" web page and found that this would probally be the easiest/best receptive antenna because it doesnt need any copper

my question is this: it says to buy a usb wifi and theirs all use "cermaic" PCB antennas (internally) that do not require modification. most of the antennas were made from 2004-2006 and since its 2011 im wondering if most usb-wifi's on ebay are gonna come with ceramic antennas internally?

They dont list specifically on the ads what the antennas are made from, i would assume with the advances in technology that it would be possible to pick up a cermaic wifi stick for 5.00 but then again, it may not be (hence why its 5.00)

anyone have any experience to share on this subject?

heres the link to the build im doing btw

usbwifi.orconhosting.net.nz

#2 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:25 PM

That's a damn brilliant idea. "Why didn't I think of that?":eusa_wall

I doesn't matter what the thing's made of, just mount it at the focal point of the dish and let 'er rip.

#3 most clever ID ever

most clever ID ever

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:31 AM

Asus Wireless N USB-N10 2.0 Adapter is usually around $20. Saw one on Amazon for that, anyway.

If you already have one and are comfortable opening it up, then look for two white rectangles connected to a wire marked J1 or J2. The white rectangles are the ceramic antenna.

I'm fairly sure most have them... but I don't know for sure so I am not going 100% with that statement.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!