©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Are you are a tobacco smoker?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you a tobacco smoker

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Are you a tobacco smoker

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 GrasshopperD

GrasshopperD

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 240 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:06 PM

Anti-tobacco?
Pro-tobacco
Can't stand people smoking around me?
Or
Damn I could use a smoke right now?

#2 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:20 PM

Fixed your poll and approved it for ya.

#3 Bassmeditation

Bassmeditation

Art is my everything.

• Expired Member
  • 745 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:28 PM

Im none of the above. Im an occasional smoker that hates smoking, and doesnt really care if other people dont smoke.. different strokes for different folks. :)

#4 Phineas_Carmichael

Phineas_Carmichael

Hooloovoo

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:04 AM

I voted "anti-tobacco" and "Damn, I could use a smoke right now." :lol:

I both love and hate being a smoker.

I love it because it forces me to stop 20 or so times per day and do nothing except exist in the moment for 10 minutes. I hate it because I cough like an 80 year-old man every morning.

I love it because it gives me something to do with my hands while I talk to people. I hate it because it will eventually kill me.

I love it because it will eventually kill me, and G-d forbid I live to be old enough that someone else has to wipe my ass. I hate it because my friends & family will suffer as they watch me die.

I have a hypothesis though, based on my time working in a funeral parlor. I spent 2 years actively working (and my whole life observing my Father) and saw many deaths from lung cancer. I haven't compiled the data, but I would estimate that around 80% of lung cancer deaths I saw were former smokers, many of them had quit decades ago. So you see, its not smoking that kills you, it's quitting smoking. ;)

And now that I'm done typing it's time for a smoke! :smokin:
  • JJ800M and CallMeCrazy like this

#5 SporeWizard

SporeWizard

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:11 AM

If your going to smoke anything it's best to go green. That's all I have to say.

Smoking tobacco kills the taste buds. What IS life if you can't taste great food and wine. Smoke a little herb, smell and eat great food, drink great wine, and listen to some tunes man, enjoy life. That's all the advise I can give from an Ex smoker.
  • Tsering likes this

#6 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,806 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:33 AM

ah I can still taste good stuff just need a little more so I can smell it
I quit smoking b4 and man smokers really stunk then lol
I go for green to smoke too its way better still make me cough like and old woman

#7 ryanzreality

ryanzreality

mushroom murderer

• Expired Member
  • 907 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:41 AM

I am pro do whatever you want to do.

#8 OREO

OREO

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:43 AM

So you see, its not smoking that kills you, it's quitting smoking.

great quote phineas i've said that for years and it all goes back to what we were all told as kids quitters never win!

#9 kraqshaq

kraqshaq

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:05 AM

damn i could use a smoke right now! got a light?

#10 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 10,987 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:53 AM

:smokin:

#11 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,447 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:03 AM

I have quit smoking and very proud of it.It doesn't bother me when others smoke around me but ya,you smokers stink pretty bad lol.:flamer:
  • zodd likes this

#12 SilvrHairDevil

SilvrHairDevil

Gatekeeper

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:13 AM

Quitting smoking is easy - I've done it hundreds of times.

Last time was 5 years ago and I won't start again because I didn't particularly enjoy the open heart surgery.

I do miss my cigars, though.

#13 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 10,987 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:13 AM

save a lot of time and money if i could quit smoking but i become a crazy bitch every time i try. :smokin:

#14 GrasshopperD

GrasshopperD

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 240 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:41 AM

I voted "anti-tobacco" and "Damn, I could use a smoke right now." :lol:

I both love and hate being a smoker.

I love it because it forces me to stop 20 or so times per day and do nothing except exist in the moment for 10 minutes. I hate it because I cough like an 80 year-old man every morning.

I love it because it gives me something to do with my hands while I talk to people. I hate it because it will eventually kill me.

I love it because it will eventually kill me, and G-d forbid I live to be old enough that someone else has to wipe my ass. I hate it because my friends & family will suffer as they watch me die.

I have a hypothesis though, based on my time working in a funeral parlor. I spent 2 years actively working (and my whole life observing my Father) and saw many deaths from lung cancer. I haven't compiled the data, but I would estimate that around 80% of lung cancer deaths I saw were former smokers, many of them had quit decades ago. So you see, its not smoking that kills you, it's quitting smoking. ;)

And now that I'm done typing it's time for a smoke! :smokin:

I've been trying to prove that one for quite sometime people usually look at me like a lunatic when its presented., If your smoking your whole life it seems like you live perfectly fine, but sound like you worked in a coal mine for years, I think that when you quit your body is not used to what it has been doing for 20+ years and when it comes to a stop cancer strikes!
You are a very wise man BIG P!. :smokin:

Edited by GrasshopperD, 28 June 2011 - 09:53 AM.

#15 kraqshaq

kraqshaq

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

i quit all the time...as soon as i put one out i quit for a half an hour or so and start again ..lol

#16 sozzled

sozzled

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

I quit about 3 months ago, I quit every spring/summer it seems, and sometimes start back up when the winter arrives again. I do have an ocasional cig after a few beers still, Beer and Cigs seem to go hand in hand, But IM THROUGH with that chain-smokin shit! Too expensive!

#17 Akari

Akari

A Fucking Sorcerer

• OG VIP
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

save a lot of time and money if i could quit smoking but i become a crazy bitch every time i try. :smokin:

I second this.

#18 PVestlandia

PVestlandia

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

:smokin:

#19 zodd

zodd

walk towards the light

• Expired Member
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:40 AM

your missing an option for me.
ex smoker doesn't give a fuck who smokes or weather there doing it around me.

quit for ethical and financial reasons.

but when i finally end my two year long abstinence from weed ill be sure to have a tidbit of rolling backy in my spliff.
:evil:soon my pretty.:roll:

Edited by zodd, 28 June 2011 - 02:25 PM.

#20 Bassmeditation

Bassmeditation

Art is my everything.

• Expired Member
  • 745 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:22 PM

My thoughts on quitting for good were "I will have more money for herb, which is wayy better anyways.. So Ill just smoke when one is offered to me" but I only run into those little :evil:'s once in a while now, so Im planning on just quitting all together, which isnt hard at this point.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!