©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Are you are a tobacco smoker?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you a tobacco smoker

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Are you a tobacco smoker

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 ams1992

ams1992

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,615 posts

Donator

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:41 AM

I'm pro tobacco but anti-effects.
I don't like the fact that cigarettes, and cigars, and other tobacco products cause cancer. Nor do I like smokers cough, or the physical characteristics it can give. I do enjoy a little shisha here and there though out of the Hookah. Just found tobacco-less shisha molasses so I'm happy about that. I can enjoy my Shisha without the worries of negative harmful effects that are provided in Tobacco products. So... Pro but Anti. It's a Win-Lose thing I guess, there's good and then there's bad. Hey, thats with most things though right?

#42 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,492 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:59 AM

yupp that tears it, I'm off for a cig and then going to bed lol
how strange the grassroots party thread comes up so I get blasted... then this one?
It's a sign. :lol:
And yes I am a smoker if you're still wondering haha

#43 Phineas_Carmichael

Phineas_Carmichael

Hooloovoo

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:02 AM

Just found tobacco-less shisha molasses so I'm happy about that. I can enjoy my Shisha without the worries of negative harmful effects that are provided in Tobacco products.

Now all you need to worry about is the untested effects of smoking whatever the hell is in "tobacco-less shisha." ;)

Remember that 60 years ago cigarettes were considered "safe" and damn near everybody smoked them. The fact remains that inhaling any combustion product (no matter where it comes from) is probably carcinogenic...

#44 Jawn

Jawn

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 846 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:30 AM

I don't smoke, but I've been meaning to start...

really, though, I enjoy an occasional stogie or a nice night of hookah, but most of my tobacco use has been in my lower lip while working construction. A hands free buzz that rides through the day, makes working on equipment more enjoyable, makes that annoying foreman more tolerable and I could always spit on his truck when he made me mad.

The biggest downside was definitely that people who don't dip think the entire habit is absolutely disgusting. On the upside, for a white kid in his early 20's surrounded by older men of a different race that disliked newcomers, kids, or white people, it seemed to give off an aura of manliness. Maybe they just didn't want me to spit on 'em.

#45 tantric hook

tantric hook

Mycoconfabulator

• Expired Member
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:34 AM

I quit smoking about 34 years ago. Within a few years I developed a sensitivity to cigarette smoke so that I would get a migrane headache if I was around a smoker for a while. That led to me developing a panic reaction to the slightest whiff of tobacco smoke.

So, yeah, put me in the "don't smoke anywhere near me" category. I will immediately walk out of any room in which someone lights up tobacco. That's cost me a few jobs, but its better than migraines. And even migraines are better that being addicted to tobacco. Or dead.

#46 BoomBoom

BoomBoom

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Quit cold turkey 8 months ago. I love the smell tho. and im pro everything. i just knew i needed to stop

#47 rshah1

rshah1

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

Are you smoke tobacco than you can use one time elecrtonic cigarette. Electronic cigarette is better than tobacco.You can use steamlite electronic cigarette than steamlite have 70 different type of falavours and three type of strenth in tobacco available.Also steamlite provide best delivery option.

#48 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,039 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

I quit smoking about 34 years ago. Within a few years I developed a sensitivity to cigarette smoke so that I would get a migrane headache if I was around a smoker for a while. That led to me developing a panic reaction to the slightest whiff of tobacco smoke.

So, yeah, put me in the "don't smoke anywhere near me" category. I will immediately walk out of any room in which someone lights up tobacco. That's cost me a few jobs, but its better than migraines. And even migraines are better that being addicted to tobacco. Or dead.

No migraines, but severe bronchial reactions if I even smell them. Stay away.

#49 EstimatedProphet

EstimatedProphet

Bearer of Light

• Expired Member
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

I just quit, I am 5 days clean from them.

No cravings either.

#50 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,492 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

I just quit, I am 5 days clean from them.

No cravings either.

Congrats man!

I really need to quit... Gotta stop making excuses

#51 Baby Squid

Baby Squid

Gone Fishin'

• Expired Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Old thread, but: I sure do like a good cigar, or a nice pipe tobacco... and I really like my hooka. It is bad for ya though.:thumbdown:

#52 Rebelutionsssss

Rebelutionsssss

Mycotopia

• Expired Member
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Congrats man! :smokin:

I really need to quit... Gotta stop making excuses

You smoke man?! :naughty: I feel so much better now that I quit. I can actually breath now without coughing lol

#53 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,492 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

You smoke man?! :naughty: I feel so much better now that I quit. I can actually breath now without coughing lol

Yea unfortunately. Got hooked on the garbage at 15...
It really is time to ditch the cigs.

#54 monkeybones

monkeybones

pothead

• OG VIP
  • 551 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

I would have to pause breathing cannabis to have time to try tobacco,

guess I'll have to miss out on that one.

#55 Rebelutionsssss

Rebelutionsssss

Mycotopia

• Expired Member
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

Yea unfortunately. Got hooked on the garbage at 15...
It really is time to ditch the cigs.

ya i was around that age too. try making your own cigs. i got this thing that you buy cigarette tobacco and and empty cigarette tubes and you can make your own. they taste way better! and you have to make them so you smoke less.it eventually helped me quit.

#56 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,492 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

ya i was around that age too. try making your own cigs. i got this thing that you buy cigarette tobacco and and empty cigarette tubes and you can make your own. they taste way better! and you have to make them so you smoke less.it eventually helped me quit.

Been doing that for years brother haha I roll fast so It really doesn't slow me down any lol I'm gonna get a nicotine /tar filter this week and smoke with that for a while then try quitting

#57 Rebelutionsssss

Rebelutionsssss

Mycotopia

• Expired Member
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

I have one of those. I just used I too much and was too lazy to replace the filter in it haha and those e-cigarettes arnt that bad. My neighbor let me try his and it pretty much was the same as a cigarette to me. Maby he just got a really good one because alot of people don't like them.

#58 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,913 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

I smoke.
I have no desire to quit. I have quit before and gone back because i enjoy it. I am a considerate smoker in that i will not light up around people who do not smoke. I will not smoke indoors. I do not cough and have averaged 15-20 cigs a day for 40 years. I know it has health risks, and social stigmas, yet I have zero desire to stop. My morning cup of coffee with a cig, is the highlight that starts my day. i don't apologise.
  • rainbowsmurf likes this

#59 stonestare

stonestare

Interstellar Overdrive

• OG VIP
  • 972 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

I just quit 2 days ago, its was not as rough as I thought it would be and no it doesnt bother me to be around it. I smoked for 20 years plus and I am not 1 that quit and went on the bandwagon you have to stop, its your choice not mine

#60 UrbanMagic

UrbanMagic

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

I have been smoking cigarettes for about 17 years. I have quit for over a year at a time. Most of my relapses(to tobacoo) have been due to being drunk. I am currently smoking and desperate to stop. Every time I consult entheogens they tell me to stop smoking. It is damn hard to do this though. Everyday I struggle to stop and lose. However, one day I will win this war as I have done before.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!