©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Are you are a tobacco smoker?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you a tobacco smoker

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Are you a tobacco smoker

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,054 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

I'm not speaking to any present company obviously (since I can't smell you!)

Mostly it's a thing left over from being a child trapped in the same house with my mother.  She would inhale, then exhale smoke and criticism at me for years.  I can't smell tobacco without feeling psychologically suffocated.  I know it's all in my head, but just like cinnamon reminds me of christmas and a certain cologne reminds me of my first love, cigarettes remind me of wanting to escape or die.  I'm not trying to judge or criticise others who smoke, my only point is that the smell triggers my PTSD, and yes I will move along if I can.

Of course, you all may smoke as much as you please, but we aren't going to be roommates!

Edited by darci, 12 December 2013 - 11:32 AM.

• bigjimmy likes this

#82 rainbowsmurf

rainbowsmurf

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:40 PM

Im none of the above. Im an occasional smoker but not of the tobacco variety, and don't really care if other people smoke or dont smoke. We all make our own choices.

And what is with the anti smoking brigade making it ilegal to smoke indoors at a pub/restaurant etc....  ?? They moan about places being filled with smoke and then feel left out when their friends go outside to have a smoke and then follow them outside. 

• Juthro likes this

#83 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,031 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:17 PM

With COPD, earned from my earlier cigarette smoking career, I cannot even smell cigarette smoke without my bronchials doing flips and having to start coughing.  Better we outlaw people with respiratory illness from restaurants and all public places.  After all, cigarette smoke makes everything taste better.   I have my COPD set off by a cigarette half a block down the sidewalk.   Of course I am free to hold my breath until I get upwind of the addicts.

• Juthro likes this

#84 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:20 PM

Not really for or against. Do whatever you will to yourself, just be respectful of others' personal space. The only tobacco I smoke is in the form of a blunt, so not really sure if that counts or fits into the poll. ;)

• Juthro likes this

#85 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,467 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:39 PM

I agree with Zen on this one.

I don't use tobacco, and never have (with the exception of high school experimentation). No blunts for me though, thank you. I like my weed straight up. :)

But, beyond that its use in my proximity does not bother me. I do feel strongly though that people should be respectful of those it does bother, and use accordingly.

#86 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• Free Member
  • 3,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:07 PM

It's not even tobacco anymore. It's a tobacco paper product with who knows what added to it. They grind it all up into a pulp just like paper and then form it into sheets which they shred up when dry.
Expect the tobacco companies to do the same thing with cannabis if it ever becomes completely legal. The begining of the end.
I don't smoke but I grew up in a time when smoking was everywhere. Doctors smoked in their office. The smoking and non smoking section in a restaurant was separated by nothing. They had to put no smoking signs in elevators because it was allowed everywhere else in buildings. Yet somehow I managed to survive without getting lung cancer from second hand smoke even though my mom smoked 2 packs a day until she got lung cancer which killed her when I was only 16.
Even after that I'm still not anti tobacco. I am anti commercial tobacco though. I think people should be able to grow their own and smoke all they want but not sell it in stores. I feel the same way about cannabis. To be honest if pot was legal and sold in stores when I was growing up I doubt I would have ever smoked it. And if tobacco were illegal back then I probably would have been trying to get my hands on it every chance I could get. The forbidden fruit always tastes the sweetest lol.

Edited by dead_diver, 23 April 2016 - 11:20 PM.

• coorsmikey and truMushrooms like this

#87 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• Free Member
  • 3,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:37 PM

The act of smoking looks cool.  But hell the F no

Whenever I see a woman smoking it's a major turn off. Except for Brigitte Bardot. For some reason she looked sexy as hell smoking a cigarette. But she would probably have still looked sexy sucking on a dried cat turd to tell the truth.19bd9ac87ca5db91f1781b38e04574c8.jpg 023db4788900fc6d0dabbc74dbf82074.jpg
  • coorsmikey likes this

#88 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,031 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:49 PM

The first times I went outside territorial waters in the navy, around 1966, the government and the good tobacco companies made their product available to those of us serving for 50 cents a carton, or four cigarettes for a penny (tax free).   Though, once I was addicted, I would smoke two packs a day at any price, and three if I was drinking alcohol.  Cigarettes killed my father.  They more recently killed my best friend.  I see them killing lots of people who are not so close to me. 

When the slightest whiff coming from a car in front of me can set me to coughing, I have to wonder what kind of molecules could be coming from that cigarette.  Yesterday I was told by a person I was disc golfing with that their cigarette could not do this because it was an American Spirit cigarette.   I had to tell them that this was not correct.   So far, people I am on the course with who vape their nicotine do not cause the same reaction in my lungs. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 23 April 2016 - 11:56 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#89 truMushrooms

truMushrooms

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:57 AM

had my first cigarrete around 15? smoked my teenage years up to my senior year in highschool, after that summer before I turned 18 I quit smoking for around a year, although ocasionally I had a cigarrete here and there or a spliff which I really enjoy. it was kinda funny, all my hs friends who didn't smoke and always told me not to started to and I quit doing it hahha.

a few months ago I got myself some american spirit tobacco bottle from which I've rolled countless splifs/cigs. I've noticed I'm starting to crave the nicotine though and thinking of quitting again for a while... to whoever asked for the menthol tobacco, I think you might have a bit of a tougher time finding it but I'm sure someone has to make some, if not maybe look towards growing your own tobacco, although now that I think about it menthol cigarettes are probably as artificial and chemically induced as they get. 

one thing I don't like is the way people discard the cig once smoked, throwing it out through the car window or onto the street, some even throw it onto leafs around green areas causing fires. cigarette butts are the number one piece of garbage discarded in the world and they're toxic, specially when in contact with water... I usually don't mind when people smoke unless they're up in my face while they do it and whenever I'm eating, that comes down to being prudent which some people do lack.

Edited by truMushrooms, 24 April 2016 - 01:57 AM.

#90 rainbowsmurf

rainbowsmurf

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:21 PM

Um, having re read my earlier post, it looks like I am anti the anti smoking brigade, but I'm not. I am all for respecting personal space. My friends, the Things and I are considrate smokers.

I do however find it strange that anti smokers abandon the now smoke free indoors to go and inhale the smoke from their smoking friends outside. A no win situation.

And as for the vapes.... a few years down the line, they will be found to be harmful too.

#91 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• Free Member
  • 3,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:41 PM

Inhaling vaporized artificial flavorings with unpronouncable chemical names can't be good.
A juice that only delivered nicotine and nothing else would probably be safer than cigarettes but not taste very good.
Using pure crystaline nicotine as an oral drug or snorting it would probably remove any chance of causing lung cancer but it would be too easy to od and die.

#92 panaho

panaho

Keyboard Krusader

• Free Member
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:12 PM

I gave them up couple of years ago. The hard part was going one day while knowing I could not just smoke one or two a day and still qualify as a non-smoker. Plus , I felt all along that they were not good .

After one day not a problem.  I feel much better now.

• Alder Logs likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!