Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Will you help me ID these vegetables and weeds?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 longbeardblood

longbeardblood

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:50 AM

I'd also like to know what's ready to pick! maybe you could edit in paint, and use a red marker to circle/mark stuff? any help at all would be really appreciated :D I don't have any friends or family to help :)

this bed obviously has some garden greens or something up top, ... I can see some type of squash or melon too? what's all the stuff at the bottom? any weeds?

Posted Image

---

more cabbage/lettuce stuff? grass, carrots?

Posted Image

---

spinach? is it ready?

Posted Image

---

big onions... see anything else? looks like a bean plant, grass... what are those circly plants? weeds?

Posted Image

---

what's that?

Posted Image

---

these are pretty, what are they?

Posted Image

---

peas?

Posted Image

thanks a lot for any help!

also, lots of holes in the "spinach" and other things. any way to keep bugs off naturally?

#2 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:57 AM

mostly veggies I will help ya in a min

#3 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:33 AM

#1 you have some mixed lettus , carrots, cauliflower, spinach at the top of the pic and some weeds at the bottom weeds look like grass, Mullien and lambs quarters

#2 looks like you said but some grass and lambs quarters

#3 ya spinach is ready looks so yummy pick the big leaves off and eat them keep the rest to grow a bit more in the garden

#4 onions and beans I would say t the circle plants im not shure what they are yet if you are unshure of a weed let it grow a bit more to make shure it is not something you planted thats what I do it wont hurt much
if you want to weed take out the grass now its harder to get when it gets bigger

#5 looks like the seed things are amaranth a weed or a sheep sorrow a weed and lettus and looks like a cucumber in there or squash of some sort

#6 cabbage or kale probably kale looks yummy it will be done closer to frost time kale a fall veggie

#7 yes peas you may want to put sticks in here and tie string to the sticks to help the peas up

and try lids with a little beer in them the slugs will be drown in the beer they love, you should have some without holes eat that part and use the holy ones for compost in the garden
you are doing a great job
if you are unshure about the weeds just get rid of the grass I have many weeds I grow in my garden for medicinal qualities
lambs quarters are high in iron like your spinach and it has no bug holes :)

#4 longbeardblood

longbeardblood

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:43 AM

#1 you have some mixed lettus , carrots, cauliflower, spinach at the top of the pic and some weeds at the bottom weeds look like grass, Mullien and lambs quarters

#2 looks like you said but some grass and lambs quarters

#3 ya spinach is ready looks so yummy pick the big leaves off and eat them keep the rest to grow a bit more in the garden

#4 onions and beans I would say t the circle plants im not shure what they are yet if you are unshure of a weed let it grow a bit more to make shure it is not something you planted thats what I do it wont hurt much
if you want to weed take out the grass now its harder to get when it gets bigger

#5 looks like the seed things are amaranth a weed or a sheep sorrow a weed and lettus and looks like a cucumber in there or squash of some sort

#6 cabbage or kale probably kale looks yummy it will be done closer to frost time kale a fall veggie

#7 yes peas you may want to put sticks in here and tie string to the sticks to help the peas up

and try lids with a little beer in them the slugs will be drown in the beer they love, you should have some without holes eat that part and use the holy ones for compost in the garden
you are doing a great job
if you are unshure about the weeds just get rid of the grass I have many weeds I grow in my garden for medicinal qualities
lambs quarters are high in iron like your spinach and it has no bug holes :)

thank you soooo much!

#5 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,572 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:03 AM

Think I saw some carrots in that first pic towards the bottom....kinda lacey leaves

#6 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:11 AM

ya looks like carrots mixed in and your welcome im learning mushroom but my first love is plants glad to help :)

#7 PirateFarmer

PirateFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 684 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:34 PM

I'd say those are either carrots or Queen Anne's Lace - related to the carrot, but a weed. Pull one and smell, also (unless its a white carrot) it'll be orange instead of QAL being white. The bug holes are just cosmetic...the plant still looks good - eat it! Try the small spinach as "baby spinach" and lightly steam it or in a salad - I sell it as a gourmet thing at the farmers' markets. For help with dealing w/ bugs organically, check out ATTRA's website, or Cornell or Univ. of Cal Davis websites.
Looks like you've got some good eatin's going on...
Oh, the baby spinach and lettuce can be just cut off w/ a scissors, leaving some green, and it will regrow..."cut and come again".

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!