• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 lambep

lambep

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:09 AM

Here's a couple of pics on white background - the first is taken with the camera flash, the second is taken using a cold white cfl lamp:

Attached Thumbnails

• SN851970.JPG
  • SN851969.JPG

#42 mkultra

mkultra

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:28 AM

Excellent thread, man! :eusa_clap

Very methodical approach, hopefully there will be some product left for a bioassay when we meet.

#43 Theodore Blass

Theodore Blass

On vacation

• Expired Member
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:49 PM

ARCHIVE MATERIAL.

#44 LunarSageMan

LunarSageMan

Glisten the Sky with THC

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:55 PM

longtime no login- hi everyone. I have some very nice amber- golden colored oil of a "Budder" type consistency, it's very fire- sativa dominant. Now all I have is a bong and screens,and this brings me to my question- in your opinion what is more effective using 2 screens or 3, screens with herb ash on top? to all of your who have enjoyed oil with a bong and screens I would like to know what you think works best as I DO NOT want to waste. Good to be back!!!(not trying to hijack thread or get off topic, saw this oil thread,thought it would be a good place)

#45 lambep

lambep

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:30 PM

I'm proud that my thread is going to the archives :)

LunarSageMan, I can't answer your question.

#46 Dipole

Dipole

Legalize Cannabis

• OG VIP
  • 3,377 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

:bow:

#47 strangluv

strangluv

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

2 purification steps:
1. Dewaxing

Dissolve the extract in a minimum of room temperature acetone. Place this acetone in a freezer and watch as bunches of white wax precipitates out. Filter the acetone off the wax (save the wax for your surfboard) and evaporate.

2. Activated Charcoal

Dissolve the now dewaxed extract in hexane. Add a spoonful or two of activated charcoal, shake it around and filter. Then evaporate and reclaim the hexane.

Your extract is now pure.
http://mycotopia.net...cherry-oil.html
http://mycotopia.net...-honey-oil.html

Would it be possible to combine the de-waxing and charcoal stages and filter the solvent off both the wax and charcoal at the same time?

#48 Phineas_Carmichael

Phineas_Carmichael

Hooloovoo

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,978 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

Would it be possible to combine the de-waxing and charcoal stages and filter the solvent off both the wax and charcoal at the same time?

Possibly, but I wouldn't recommend it. The de-waxing portion of the process makes use of the solubility rules in that it only works because the wax is much less soluble in cold acetone than warm acetone.

That same solubility conundrum might make the charcoal filtration problematic, but I'm not sure if it would or not. Give it a shot and report back, won't you?

Welcome to Mycotopia!

#49 strangluv

strangluv

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

Possibly, but I wouldn't recommend it. The de-waxing portion of the process makes use of the solubility rules in that it only works because the wax is much less soluble in cold acetone than warm acetone.

That same solubility conundrum might make the charcoal filtration problematic, but I'm not sure if it would or not. Give it a shot and report back, won't you?

Welcome to Mycotopia!

So far I used warm then cooled ISO, a coffee filter half filled with activated charcoal and poured through that 5-6times (still VERY dark) while the ISO was warm 47deg C and cooled to room temp the fridge then freezer, with about 1/4 cup activated charcoal floating in bottom.

Admittedly this was a "second pass" in fact it was a "long" 2-4 minute second wash and more ISO to rinse after it was almost done dripping. Before this experiment it smoked pretty well, not harsh, but a bit low potency for oil, I

This was an experiment to see what I might get.

#50 knowninvisibilities

knowninvisibilities

EthnoExplorer

• Expired Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:47 AM

rahahaha

#51 CanadianBakin

CanadianBakin

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

IMG-20120506-00930.jpg

I tried a naptha extraction for the first time (usually iso), and there seems to be something left in the oil. Im not sure if the glass had something in it that i didnt clean out firts or if its from the naphtha. would a water wash maybe seperate it out?

any help is appreciated

Edited by CanadianBakin, 16 May 2012 - 08:18 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!