Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

I love hash. Do you love hash? Post yer pics!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 ethnobotanica

ethnobotanica

Botanical-manical

• Expired Member
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:40 PM

The best hash I've had is that which I made myself...not a fan of a lot of stuff out there, used to get lovely charas as well as pollen but that is but a distant memory, its ALL cut with something nowadays....

This bit is from some Northern Lights Blue trim..Super yummy and wonderfully pure and potent. :) wish i had some right now....a few months and will hopefully have a nice lump again.;)

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01912.JPG
  • DSC01913.JPG
  • DSC01914.JPG

• BuckarooBanzai likes this

#22 BREEDERS

BREEDERS

GanjaMaNiaK Again

• Expired Member
  • 717 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:19 AM

those 3g seems very tasty..... :headbang:

#23 Stoke

Stoke

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:27 AM

i really like hash. i'm kinda partial to my own, but the dispensaries offer some awesome stuff too.
first is my BHO, second is my finger pressed hash from kief, and third is my creation:pirate:

Attached Thumbnails

• BHOcelestialtemple.jpg
  • DSCN1908.JPG
  • frozenBHOcrystals 003.jpg

#24 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,873 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

mmmm hash

I think I will have to load some up now as a matter of fact!
Im puffin on some headband water hash, but I do love me some CAHO also.

Picture!

Attached Thumbnails

• HASH!.JPG

#25 5-MeO-DMT

5-MeO-DMT

What is it in itself

• Free Member
  • 390 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:55 PM

I love hash! and enjoy making it :greenboun

finger hash pressed through a 200 micron.

Attached Thumbnails

• phpb4rqbqPM.jpg
  • phpw39zNXPM.jpg

#26 PVestlandia

PVestlandia

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 316 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

Mmmh... smoking some great afghan!

Sorry no pics, though...

#27 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Me too me too ;) I love bho but have been doing some research on cleaning it further and decarboxylating ect. Not sure if I need to. It takes just one hit from a nail and globe to be set for 4-5 hours in my case. lol. I found the "meth" pipes give as good as hit as a globe (much cheaper) but id like mine to be filtered through water for harshness. I cough badly usually so im thinking a purer oil will work better.

#28 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

What kind of 'purging' procedure do you perform on the BHO?

No need to decarb anything unless you are eating it, and it was fairly fresh.

Smoking concentrates is kinda rough on your throat any way you do it

#29 caitojones

caitojones

The Space Pope

• Expired Member
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

As far as oil, alcohol based oil made with resin is definitely the best. Honey oil is alright, but it's way overrated. Full-melt bubble hash tastes the best though for sure. And even though Mendocino/Lake grows the best weed, Humboldt makes the best bubble hash.

#30 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

As far as oil, alcohol based oil made with resin is definitely the best. Honey oil is alright, but it's way overrated.

??

What do you mean made with resin?

Honey oil doesn't mean made with butane, it merely refers to the color. That is why they add the B.

Dollars to dounuts you get a more pure product with a real non-polar solvent vs alcohol.

It's all really good though.

#31 caitojones

caitojones

The Space Pope

• Expired Member
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

??

What do you mean made with resin?

Honey oil doesn't mean made with butane, it merely refers to the color. That is why they add the B.

Dollars to dounuts you get a more pure product with a real non-polar solvent vs alcohol.

It's all really good though.

Well I don't know where you're from, but on the west coast, honey oil refers to BHO because it's always (every one I've tried) honey colored. Using alcohol or similar solvents, the color should be green, brown, or (preferably) black.

As far as the resin oil, you've already combusted all the plant matter, etc., so the alcohol doesn't extract anything except cannabinoids. It tastes like resin, but it's more potent than hash oil made from buds.

#32 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

If it's anything but amber/honey/reddish it has a lot of impurities < no matter the method, I've tried them all (anything published) except critical co2.

When you extract from pipe resin, you are already extracting from a form of concentrate. How many grams of bud went into making that pipe resin?

And I guarantee you are extracting more than cbd's from pipe resin, the matter was NOT fully combusted that is why there is resin in the first place.

Alcohol is non-polar and pulls a lot of other stuff besides cbd's.

I'm from the East coast, and do all my own extractions as we don't even have walk-in dispensaries around here.

Sorry for straying so far away from Bucks original topic (anyone heard from him, is he okay?), but I don't think he would mind terribly :)

Edited by mate0x, 17 January 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#33 Pachanoi

Pachanoi

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

As far as oil, alcohol based oil made with resin is definitely the best. Honey oil is alright, but it's way overrated. Full-melt bubble hash tastes the best though for sure. And even though Mendocino/Lake grows the best weed, Humboldt makes the best bubble hash.

I take offense to that man. I am from Humboldt, learned to grow there and learned to make hash, kief and honey oil as well as tinctures. I appreciate the love for humboldt hash but lake and kendo do NOT put out better herbs. I won the salmon creek medical cup two years in a row with a pristine salmon creek big bud the first year and a sageXsour diesel the next. All grown in humboldt. I like the genetics in humboldt better as well, but I was flooding it with Amsterdam genetics, so I was spoiled. Lake and mendo put out copious amounts of very high quality herbs though. Not as good as Humboldts.

#34 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Oh Yeah? Well my dad can beat up your dad any day of the week and besides my town is better than your crumby town.

...spoken from the woods far from ANY town...:eusa_danc

#35 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

sageXsour diesel

Drool, one of my faves

#36 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

I wish I could get my hands on sage also or sage and sour. for easier removal of the oil and less mess this is what I do to purge the BHO after a run. My tube holds one to two oz depending on their densities.
after the first full boil down on the top of our glass top stove. I just keep warming the burner untll it stops bubblling in a pyrex cake pan.
Then I move it to the freezer untill its icy cold probably froze or suspended anyways.
I use a drywall putty knife and a small paring knife to scrape up the frozen oil on put it in/on a container and then scrape themselves to. Babyfood jars work awesome with some room to work cuz of wide mouth. I use a screwdriver to manipulate the oil into balls and stick them to the sides at the top of the jar. Each time they drip or slide down the jar it is purging. Also it stays in the jar at room temps and can purge naturally. maybe a couple of drops of alcohol if it needs it or I remember to.

#37 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

I just wanted to add some oil is always runny, if you properly remove all of the wax.

I have also heard that THCA is more viscous than THC, and thus will be more solid. If you use heat to purge, it may also decarb and be more runny.

#38 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Im not sure the small amount of heat i used will decarb it but I think I will try to next time. Id like to make edible glycerines and goodies. This and maybe a small alcohol wash?

#39 Purple Mushroom Tip

Purple Mushroom Tip

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 686 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

I'm bummed that nobody else loves hash...

I like hash, just haven't seen it since I was 16. With bud being such high quality these days we don't really see the need for hash in my parts.

#40 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Warm acetone - dissolve oil - slowly cool and freeze to precip the wax...filter then evap/purge..... is best dewaxing you can do. But BHO likely doesn't need much of this step.

Made BHO from fresh trim? Decarb @ 240F for 20-30 mins. If the trim sat for a few weeks, it won't need that much heat or time. That will get your 95%+ decarbed, but also lose some terpenes and flavonoids. Lower and slower will preserve these.

Dipole and I were fooling around and did some math, it seems (theoretically) after a few weeks it's all decarbed naturally.

Edited by mate0x, 17 January 2013 - 03:31 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!