33 replies to this topic

#21 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 277 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 January 2021 - 04:05 PM

So great to find these sort of threads and get some history on them. Just grew out some tubs of what was labeled as Falbino... Was expecting an albino/leucistic variety but ended up with a beautiful light gold colored pointy cap on thin stems which I was expecting to dry down to spindly things but ended up with nice solid stems. Hopefully the potency is decent as I'd like to carry on with these. I'll put up some photos of the second flush in a week or so
  • coorsmikey, bezevo, Salty117 and 1 other like this

#22 Salty117

Salty117

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 09:18 PM

So great to find these sort of threads and get some history on them. Just grew out some tubs of what was labeled as Falbino... Was expecting an albino/leucistic variety but ended up with a beautiful light gold colored pointy cap on thin stems which I was expecting to dry down to spindly things but ended up with nice solid stems. Hopefully the potency is decent as I'd like to carry on with these. I'll put up some photos of the second flush in a week or so

I look forward to seeing more if you're planning to post up and I'd be interested in hearing of the experience provided as well.

Are you planning to print any of these, Nicked?

• coorsmikey and Nicked like this

#23 Moby

Moby

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 09:58 AM

Glad I checked this thread.

Falbino is on the 2021 list for sure, had no idea what it was until now.

Looking forward to see them grow

• Nicked likes this

#24 FunG

FunG

"Trump 2021"

• Free Member
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 10:51 AM

Yez yez

F+ is the abbreviation of Florida white. (As was already pointed out)

And it is a grossly "under" cultivated p.cubensis.

I grew f+ on rye spawned to straw like ten years ago or so (no lie) and I remember the initial grow i did only produced 1 mature mushroom (you dont forget things like this)
So bummed out I ate that 1.2g mushroom of F+ and had the most visual trip ever produced by a p.cubensis.

So I grew them out a few more times and sent out prints to the fsr's which were still active back then.

But one thing is for sure, they do not produce albino mushrooms as I think someone else mentioned that.

I have "ralphsters spores" catalog of p.cubensis memorized back before the great "rename" originally orchestrated by the keeper to justify selling spore syringes for as much as 120 dollars. Now people just rename stuff cause they've mixed two p.cubensis samples together and think they've created a new p.cubensis lol

I'd love to get my paws on a print of f+ and keep the original specimen unaltered to help rebuild a dying spore database.
  • Salty117 likes this

#25 Moby

Moby

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 11:55 AM

"Now people just rename stuff cause they've mixed two p.cubensis samples together and think they've created a new p.cubensis lol"

Are you referring to Fahtsters thread?

If so, how can something (PEA+) - a mixture of PE and AA+ exist if not a cross?

AA+ is leucistic with large white caps and thick dark prints. - remember the caps are large and drop thick prints.

PE does not drop many spores and the caps are brown.

PEA+ has mixed caps in the early stage and mostly lost the leucism (white caps) and drops thick prints.

A stable leucistic variety (AA+ is stable) does not randomly turn into a non leucistic variety, clearly the crossing worked here and the genetic is mixed in PEA+.

• Salty117 likes this

#26 Salty117

Salty117

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 01:11 PM

I think that if two cubes are brought together and successfully cross-bred with consistently unique results, where they would otherwise have not been able to without human intervention, that it deserves a name for recognition and to be distinguished. I also think that the individual responsible for the cross-breed should have the right to name it, but that person also has the responsibility of keeping track of the lineage and to me that is one of the most important things to keep track of.

#27 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 277 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 January 2021 - 01:42 PM

Right.. To put things back on track... I received prints from some of topias awesome old timers and have the following in my library: Fal (assuming this to be Falbino as indicated by TCO. And then also F+. Both prints were received from a donation drive by @wharfrat). The tub I've just fruited is from the print labeled Fal. Definitely not Albino but really pretty. Second flush is pinning so will update when there are some fruits. I will make a batch of prints from these, yes. I then also received some prints from Mrs H labeled F+ Albino and Falbino. They are dated 2015 and 2012 respectively so I'm not sure how viable they are.. I have a ton of different projects going on at the moment so those will have to be on ice for a little bit but will try get to them in a month or so once I've got a handle on the 5 or so other varieties I've got going..
Looking forward to seeing where this goes...
  • Salty117 likes this

#28 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 277 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2021 - 08:31 AM

So, my second flush on my tub has thrown out some absolutely beautiful fruits and I think this is now one of my favorite cubes. Here are the photos for you all to enjoy.

F_plus_1.jpg

F_plus_2.jpg

• sandman, Skywatcher, Salty117 and 3 others like this

#29 Salty117

Salty117

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 04:04 PM

What a delightful looking specimen  :wub:

• Nicked likes this

#30 Moby

Moby

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 04:08 PM

Nice caps and long stems!

A dude showed me some E4K a while back, they looked similar to those.

Are they from Mrs. Hipp3 ?

• Nicked likes this

#31 sandman

sandman

BACTERIA!

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,856 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2021 - 05:23 PM

Yo I almost put an eye out on those beautiful pointy pics! Amazing!

• Nicked likes this

#32 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 277 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2021 - 03:19 PM

Nice caps and long stems!

A dude showed me some E4K a while back, they looked similar to those.

Are they from Mrs. Hipp3 ?

Second flush came out really nice! First flush were much smaller fruits.

These are from @wharfrat and the print was labeled 'Fal' which wharf told me is an original F Albino print that puts out both colored and white caps. I think I isolated down quite well. May go back a few transfers and fruit that to get a wider range of genetics to play with.

Edited by Nicked, 09 January 2021 - 03:21 PM.

#33 Moby

Moby

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 08:45 PM

Ah nice!

Wish I could start them right now but got so many cultures ready to transfer (most of the refrigerated because its too much for 80qt SAB work lol) and rescue projects of senesced cultures, will need a while to get to them.

Curious to see what the other plates throw!

So this one definately does not throw any albinos and the naming comes from the parent varieties - f+ and PF albino

• Salty117 likes this

#34 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 277 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2021 - 03:28 AM

Ah nice!
Wish I could start them right now but got so many cultures ready to transfer (most of the refrigerated because its too much for 80qt SAB work lol) and rescue projects of senesced cultures, will need a while to get to them.

Curious to see what the other plates throw!

So this one definately does not throw any albinos and the naming comes from the parent varieties - f+ and PF albino

Yeah I've got a lot going on too! Not going to be putting anything new to agar just yet.

I'll play around with this one for a bit and see where it takes me! Really like the fruits these throw up!
  • Salty117 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!