• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Boggled

Boggled

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:59 AM

Ok here is what my situation is. I have on 40acres in noth florida/gulfcoast and we have most of it fenced in with no trepassing etc.

Anyway the last few days a pack of 3 dogs have been eating our chickens, they got 3 of em. We know it was an animal since blood and feathers were everywhere. That's nothing new, people drop off dogs out here all of the time and they become wild.

Here is where it gets weird. We live in a little trailer and our computer area is right next to the door where we sometimes put trash out if it's too late to goto dumpster. We heard a noise and of course it was a dog. My girlfriend growled and hissed a bit and it went away. Oh also you will understand later in the story but 1 chicken was also stolen by a bare foot man days later.

Anyway. About 1 half (midnight) later she hears the noise again and this time it isn't a dog bot some strange man poking holes in the trash on our steps. Of course he ducks his head low and just runs for it. remember this is in the middle of NOWHERE. no neighbors nearby that type of thing.

The think that is odd is to get here you have to take 6 minutes of dirt roads and then to get to our fenced in commune you have to go down a very long trail. it isn't visible from any road. Of course cops could do nothing since for 1: it takes half hour for a response out here 2: I hate cops.

We have many familes living here but they are all family and not someone who would roam around doing weird shut, plus we would recognize them.

We do live in bathtub meth central but this was strange even for here.
After more thought I know there is a hermit who has a BUNCH of dogs and hardly any money. My aunt is tends to make things up told me that he lets those dogs out when he is out of money for food. Maybe he is helping train the dogs where to get food?

Any thoughts on what to do?

#2 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,641 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:12 AM

i have a sign at the end of my 1200 foot driveway that reads-
NO TRESPASSING
VIOLATORS WILL BE SHOT
SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN

ive had Jehovah witnesses read that sign and turn around.
its a little more difficult with dogs since they cant read though. but you have every right to shoot a dog that is on your property especially if you have livestock.

#3 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,404 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:59 AM

If you have the money a quick and dirty surveillance camera system will solve the mystery.

It sounds like you have some feral human(s) in your area. Good luck with that. The law will not treat you kindly if they find the body and are able to add 1+1 and the total = YOU.

#4 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,641 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:38 AM

The law will not treat you kindly if they find the body and are able to add 1+1 and the total = YOU.

what body?? they have to find it first then they have to identify it.
chickens will eat human flesh and bones can be ground into powder. :eusa_whis

#5 stupid noob

stupid noob

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:23 AM

Habeas corpus

#6 krum

krum

here2teach my dog triks

• Expired Member
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

danm sounds like the most violent hippie i know...just foolin

#7 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,404 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:11 PM

there are fifty ways to fuck up a murder. an average smart man will only think of 12.

I heard this as dialogue in a Noir detective story, it seems probable.

#8 SilvrHairDevil

SilvrHairDevil

Gatekeeper

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

How about leaving him a sandwich and a beer? Or, better yet, a care package with bread, canned beans and sardines?

It's just some guy who is hungry. Granted, he may be a fugitive from a Florida chain gang or a swamp hermit but it just seems nicer to feed him rather than throwing shots at him.

So far as the dogs in the garbage - I never put leftover food in my garbage (years of country living); I always throw it out far from my house where the animals can get it without disturbing me.
  • Tsering and AmBe like this

#9 anne halonium

anne halonium

Trolls'R'us

• Banned Member
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:26 PM

a feral human, and also likely a paid informant.

its easy, bum around the trash and sooner or later ya hit a meth lab/ grow house........
if anyone notices, ya act like a beggar.
if the target gets tough, then ya know they are hiding something.
point it out to the cops, they swoop and sieze, feral human gets a % check.

classic "peice of shit cat paw flush-out"

sure as hell beats all those pesty legal formalities doesnt it..........:johnny:

no ones wandering that far for a sammich.
most of these vermin are meth heads anyway,
they would choke to death on vitamin milkshake........

id be really cool....................

#10 krum

krum

here2teach my dog triks

• Expired Member
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

leave a sign saying you have seen him and dont wish him to be there and just for kicks thow a bear trap in the trash real soft like and set it on your porch..the least the begger can do is give common respect and aproch you in the day with a work for food idea haha and for the dogs well..protect whats yours i love dogs but do agree a wild dog can be a threat to your family..besides if the guy is a harless begger and you kill his dog he is now going to be a pissed off begger turned robber maby..iduno maby a cpl fishn line trip wires with some ppop cans my help you catch and ask questions or do what your want with the guy but..no say you have to shoot the guy.. try some salt rock shot..wont kill um but itl make um wish he was dead..had a pice os salt rock in my butox cheek ..mean o farmer didnt like me riding his cattel for fun as a teenager...

#11 Theodore Blass

Theodore Blass

On vacation

• Expired Member
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:14 PM

Reminds of the hills have eyes...

There are a few internet sites out there tha sell salt rounds for zoombie Invasions.

Just sayin. :pirate:

#12 krum

krum

here2teach my dog triks

• Expired Member
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

Reminds of the hills have eyes...

There are a few internet sites out there tha sell salt rounds for zoombie Invasions.

Just sayin. :pirate:

o shit never thought of that..zombies!:nunchuck::ballbat::horse::flamer::gah:

#13 psycheholic

psycheholic

S-W-I-M Team

• OG VIP
  • 2,726 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

My exgirlfriend's exhusband used to peep on us having sex all the time. So i strung up some fishing line about 7 ft. off the ground horizontally then hung fishing line with treble hooks vertically at different lengths to ensure a nice snag through out his entire face and torso. Needless tos ay we didnt see him for about three weeks all the sudden he couldnt get his kids on the weekend.:headbang:

#14 krum

krum

here2teach my dog triks

• Expired Member
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:30 PM

My exgirlfriend's exhusband used to peep on us having sex all the time. So i strung up some fishing line about 7 ft. off the ground horizontally then hung fishing line with treble hooks vertically at different lengths to ensure a nice snag through out his entire face and torso. Needless tos ay we didnt see him for about three weeks all the sudden he couldnt get his kids on the weekend.:headbang:

nothing wrong with some hook n line deco with some razor implnts to the top of the wood fence..remeber there not traps there decorations

#15 dead head jed

dead head jed

Lost Hill Billy

• 1,704 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

if i remember correctly Fl is one of those eminent domain states.
post a sign saying:

"trespassers are assumed armed and dangerous"
and under it
"trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again"

but it really all depends on if you have things you don't want outsiders to see
maybe just get one of those motion activated flood lights.. should help ya get a better look at whats going on

#16 Boggled

Boggled

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

I don't have much to hide anymore. My past is riddled with manufacture and things of that sort though. I just doubt LE would bother with me this far out in the woods. I got off probation maybe 5 days ago and not looking for trouble. That was the first think I thought of when my girlfriend told me about it... damn cops messing with our trash! But the fact that he is with a wild dog means there is something else going on.

This dog has done so much damage that it's crazy. He is just a big ass puppy who doesn't know what he is doing but still it makes me want to kill it. Did I mention that after the 3 chicks were killed by a dog that the next one just disappeared?

I was just wondering what other rural/self sustaining types do in this situation. I don't want to do it my old ways which would involve mass murder if I caught this group.

#17 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,404 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

can you talk with your nearest neighbors and see if they are having the same problem? If nobody else is having this problem this guy is either snooping or living near you.

#18 PirateFarmer

PirateFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 684 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:49 PM

I'm curious as to why the obvious hasn't been mentioned? I live in the country {in a northern state known for people having 'stand offs' w/ police at their cabins in the woods}, and I've got a couple dogs of my own, that run loose at night. They're taught not to stray, and they don't bother my rabbits and goats - actually, one is a Great Pyrenees mix, so is pretty protective of the livestock. They're both as gentle as lambs...until they're not. My donkeys in the pasture are my early-warning system, not to mention that they will kill any dog/coyote that enters the pasture. Between the donks and dogs, no stray dog has much of a chance; and as for stray humans...not many are willing to stick around when Tugboat comes galumping towards them in the semi-dark. Sure, she LOOKS like she just wants to play, but who wants to take that chance w/ a 130 lb. dog, in the night? So I'd say to check the papers; you can easily find a big ugly or goofy dog, probably for free. Or at least put up a sign that says: "Warning, property protected by horny pit bull with AIDS." Sure, they might not believe it, but who wants to mess w/ a sick bastard that would think of a sign like that? :pirate:

#19 SpiritMolecule

SpiritMolecule

Spice Cowboy

• Expired Member
  • 939 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:48 AM

Thermite burns at around 4000 degrees Fahrenheit.....hard to get forensic evidence from vitrified soil and rock.....:reb:

#20 PsychonautPower

PsychonautPower

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 613 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:03 AM

FUCK HIM GET A GUN

you are in fear of your life. deadly force is legal.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!