48 replies to this topic

#21 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,683 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:51 AM

I don't have much to hide anymore.

Not much? Just a couple of things, then?

My past is riddled with manufacture and things of that sort though. I just doubt LE would bother with me this far out in the woods.

Those sentences sound very odd when placed one right after the other like that. So you have a history of manufacture, got off probation just recently, and are living out away from densely populated areas kind of like where someone into illicit manufacturing would probably set up shop but you don't think LEOs would bother to poke around because you're "far" out in the woods? Think again.

I got off probation maybe 5 days ago and not looking for trouble. That was the first think I thought of when my girlfriend told me about it... damn cops messing with our trash!

Listen close to those initial intuitive flashes. They happen for a reason; ignore them at your peril. Oh, and whether you or anyone else is looking for trouble or not is totally irrelevant to what actually happens. Eventually trouble finds everyone, all by itself.

But the fact that he is with a wild dog means there is something else going on.

You sure it's a "wild" dog? In any case, it's very common for some sketchy trespasser to use the bullshit "I'm looking for my dog" excuse when they're caught on private property. It's happened to me and to all of my friends who own more than an acre.

This dog has done so much damage that it's crazy. He is just a big ass puppy who doesn't know what he is doing but still it makes me want to kill it. Did I mention that after the 3 chicks were killed by a dog that the next one just disappeared?

Sounds like it's a matter of choosing between your chickens or that dog and if you choose the chickens then you'll need to somehow eliminate that dog.

I was just wondering what other rural/self sustaining types do in this situation. I don't want to do it my old ways which would involve mass murder if I caught this group.

When I lived off-grid out in the boonies, I had to eliminate a few dogs over the years, and don't forget that if there are enough feral dogs to form a serious pack that they'll get bolder and bolder until eventually one day they'll attack someone (possibly you or a loved one). My girlfriend was charged by a very enraged large dog of indeterminate breed once, and it wasn't even in a pack. Good thing she thought it might be a person making noises out by the shed and so was armed w/ a shotgun. She only had time to lift the muzzle to her hip but caught him straight on as he charged. The first shot only slowed it down, the second changed it's mind, and by the time the third was chambered it had started sprinting off the other direction. Two blasts from a 12 ga. at under 15 yards and it still ran off to die somewhere else; glad my girlfriend didn't have to take the brunt of that dog's aggression and that I'd trained her in combat shotgun tactics (like shooting from the hip).

Since then I haven't put up with any risky feral dog bullshit; if they're around and bold enough to come right up to your house then I think you should shoot them before something bad happens to you or someone you care about.

After more thought I know there is a hermit who has a BUNCH of dogs and hardly any money. My aunt is tends to make things up told me that he lets those dogs out when he is out of money for food. Maybe he is helping train the dogs where to get food?

Irrelevant and not your problem. It becomes your problem when your trash is being torn up and you're being menaced by a pack of feral dogs, so it's going to be up to you to solve it.

Oh, and it's very important that you post enough "Private Property- Keep Out" and "No Trespassing" signs around the perimeter of your property to help cover your ass legally. You really need to have some signs up if you're going to start using deadly force to defend your property, otherwise things could get awkward if an 'incident' occurred.

And if you're in a rural enough place for gunshots to be unheard or unnoticed or if they're commonly heard in the area then a deep hole or a few hogs can help alleviate lots of tedious paperwork if you have to use lethal force against any dogs or humans.

To be sure, it's some very grim work but if it helps to motivate you to defend yourself then bear in mind it's either you burying their bodies or emergency room docs sewing up your wounds or the coroner investigating your demise instead.

#22 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:49 AM

There are only a couple types of people that will pick through your trash, starving people and cops are the first that come to mind. I don't thinki hungry people would travel that far, etc to pick your trash when there are better pickings, so to speak, other places. I would stop any questionable activity be very carefull what you put in your trash if I were you.

#23 imtherealyou

imtherealyou

The Eskrima Paladin

• Expired Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

Guard dog, and shotgun, pistol, or revolver.... And motion sensor lights ought to do the trick most definitely.:eusa_naug They don't belong on your territory.

#24 Ben Dover

Ben Dover

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:24 PM

what body?? they have to find it first then they have to identify it.
chickens will eat human flesh and bones can be ground into powder. :eusa_whis

And if you're in a rural enough place for gunshots to be unheard or unnoticed or if they're commonly heard in the area then a deep hole or a few hogs can help alleviate lots of tedious paperwork if you have to use lethal force against any dogs or humans.

:lol:

4HAQ3pNHwj4

Edited by Ben Dover, 01 August 2011 - 04:31 PM.

#25 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,683 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

The only way you'll get caught is if someone finds a ring or a dental filling in the poop.

:reb:

#26 Theodore Blass

Theodore Blass

On vacation

• Expired Member
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:22 AM

Or at least put up a sign that says: "Warning, property protected by horny pit bull with AIDS." Sure, they might not believe it, but who wants to mess w/ a sick bastard that would think of a sign like that? :pirate:

I dont even know what to say to that.

#27 Landogarner

Landogarner

Nosce Teipsum

• Free Member
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:33 AM

4HAQ3pNHwj4

Love that scene :love:

#28 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,683 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:39 AM

I dont even know what to say to that.

Doesn't sound like a very scary pit bull to me. I mean, he had to be bottom-dog at some point to have gotten AIDS in the first place, right? I'm also curious why the possibility of acquiring an auto-immune disease is a scarier prospect than being mauled to death on the spot, but it could be a matter of personal taste though the trespasser who gets mauled is done for; the one who gets AIDS will probably come back with even worse intentions.

The scariest sign I've ever actually seen for real was a crude hand-painted sign on an old rotted plank out in the middle of nowhere that said "Airmd Gards!" I've slipped into remote military installations before on stealthy hiking trips and am thinking about hiking in Iran next Summer but I didn't take another step past THAT sign; they're really stupid and they're armed... I'm outta here! :eek:

#29 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,312 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:52 AM

As for the dogs I have had that problem before. Easy remedy just pour a little ammonia in the trash, a dog won't go near it. Easy, cheap and humane.

#30 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:15 PM

The scariest sign I've ever actually seen for real was a crude hand-painted sign on an old rotted plank out in the middle of nowhere that said "Airmd Gards!"; they're really stupid and they're armed... I'm outta here! :eek:

Airmd Gards! I'm gonna have to use that at my property. LOL

#31 PirateFarmer

PirateFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 684 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

The guy who lives on the property next to one of the pieces I farm has a sign at his gate that simply says "Please stop here before entering" in smallish letters. Next to it is a wooden fence post riddled with bullet holes. It seems to work.

#32 zoltan pepper

zoltan pepper

zoltan pepper

• Expired Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:03 PM

In my experience with both dogs killing poultry and human hemp thieves, once they score for the first time it is impossible to stop them returning. I have not resorted to violence, but I have had to move. Nevertheless, I did I.D one culprit- my employers teenage son, who knew when I was away. He would wag school and ransack the place. The main problem was that although I was able to stop him, he had brought along his mates - strangers who kept coming back.
They wore me down and stressed me out to the extent that I sold up and relocated. Of course in your case it may be a hungry hermit, or some creep looking for evidence of meth manufacture. If he is the former, somebody suggested leaving out some food for him which is a nice idea.

#33 Nemo Mason

Nemo Mason

Donkey Puncher

• Validating
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:46 PM

Hang a gal ziplock with some beef jerky some matches and a doobie in it above a bear trap. I bet he will figure it out.

#34 datsun

datsun

Vroom

• OG VIP
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:52 AM

Well what happened, did the dog get any more chickens?

#35 MurCurY

MurCurY

I.Know.All

• OG VIP
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

4HAQ3pNHwj4

I was going to just post this :dance:

#36 Peyote

Peyote

Peyote Coyote

• OG VIP
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

time to raise a couple of pitbulls...

#37 mobugguy

mobugguy

FungiKing

• Expired Member
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

time to raise a couple of pitbulls...

I got 4 myself best dogs ever.

#38 benderislord

benderislord

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 844 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

anyone can get by a dog my friends..... NO ONE wants to tangle with a hyena !!!!

#39 PirateFarmer

PirateFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 684 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

3 dogs + 2 donkeys = Alarm system
Alarm system + 1-eyed ex-con + crossbows = "Me no worry"

#40 tryptaminer

tryptaminer

at this for life

• Expired Member