• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,665 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:59 AM

He probably fucked up and called 911 instead of following the hog advice.

Think about it; you just waived your 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination when you called and said you shot somebody (along with whatever else the operator can tease out of you with questions about details while you're sitting there flipping out on adrenaline and not thinking clearly about your answers). If you live in one of those fucked up places that throw citizens in prison for defending themselves then the 911 tape can do you in, and from what I've been reading it most definitely has. So since you cannot call 911 to report that you just shot someone without potentially incriminating yourself, you need to think long and hard about what your response will be in that situation if you live in a place where you might get prosecuted for protecting yourself (while you're losing it on adrenaline is not the time to work out your response, and you will lose it). In public you might be able to just calmly walk away (then carefully dispose of the weapon), but if it happens at home then you have an extremely delicate situation on your hands.

#42 tryptaminer

tryptaminer

at this for life

• Expired Member
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

i can't remember if Florida instates the castle doctrine.. I know there has to be some sort of reasonable right to a forceful defense but it's hard to say if finger fucking a garbage bag would constitute such defense. confusing.

#43 Peyote

Peyote

Peyote Coyote

• OG VIP
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

I got 4 myself best dogs ever.

mine is 1/2 pit bull and 1/2 catahoula cur. CRAZY... if there was anyone sneaking around the house....OHHHHHHH BROTHER...there would be a TERRIBLE FRAY alright

#44 on3plus

on3plus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 476 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

Ok here is what my situation is. I have on 40acres in noth florida/gulfcoast and we have most of it fenced in with no trepassing etc.

Anyway the last few days a pack of 3 dogs have been eating our chickens, they got 3 of em. We know it was an animal since blood and feathers were everywhere. That's nothing new, people drop off dogs out here all of the time and they become wild.

Here is where it gets weird. We live in a little trailer and our computer area is right next to the door where we sometimes put trash out if it's too late to goto dumpster. We heard a noise and of course it was a dog. My girlfriend growled and hissed a bit and it went away. Oh also you will understand later in the story but 1 chicken was also stolen by a bare foot man days later.

Anyway. About 1 half (midnight) later she hears the noise again and this time it isn't a dog bot some strange man poking holes in the trash on our steps. Of course he ducks his head low and just runs for it. remember this is in the middle of NOWHERE. no neighbors nearby that type of thing.

The think that is odd is to get here you have to take 6 minutes of dirt roads and then to get to our fenced in commune you have to go down a very long trail. it isn't visible from any road. Of course cops could do nothing since for 1: it takes half hour for a response out here 2: I hate cops.

We have many familes living here but they are all family and not someone who would roam around doing weird shut, plus we would recognize them.

We do live in bathtub meth central but this was strange even for here.
After more thought I know there is a hermit who has a BUNCH of dogs and hardly any money. My aunt is tends to make things up told me that he lets those dogs out when he is out of money for food. Maybe he is helping train the dogs where to get food?

Any thoughts on what to do?

get shootguns and electrify your fence ! some booby traps should be also good idea !

#45 Mind

Mind

• Expired Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

How to prep oneself to pass a polygraph test...

Look if i were in your shoes id refresh some networks and get things poppin again outta illll respect to whats goin on, been known to set a notarized contract(no copies) for some to rent a tent onna property, though off the contract its actually for free for protection, can be the worst idea to do what i just said ever and thats a fact. But has workd for

#46 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,665 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

some booby traps should be also good idea !

Uhh, no. At least not on your own property. :reb:

#47 ODENSWORD

ODENSWORD

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

I had the same thing going on in Idaho - Make this sign so everyone can read it from the road. Trespassers Will Be Shot ! Survivors Will Be Shot Again ! Even meth-heads wont look in your yard.. lol I never put up this sign my neighbor did. Ps. The Coyote is doing very well = got you to blame the dogs.. lol.

#48 on3plus

on3plus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 476 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:27 AM

Uhh, no. At least not on your own property. :reb:

IMO evry man has the r8 to protect his owning .... does it really maters will you shoot or they will shoot them selfs ... i dont think so :)

#49 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,665 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

IMO evry man has the r8 to protect his owning .... does it really maters will you shoot or they will shoot them selfs ... i dont think so :)

Protecting yourself or your property is one thing. Setting a booby trap is another. Why defend yourself with a method that is likely to lead to YOU going to prison when a nice clean kill would be perfectly legal?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!