Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:45 PM

yeah, done right they look kinda dry but don't worry, the formula is right on

#22 madmanzack

madmanzack

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:56 AM

i just wanted you all to have a look at my PF jars before i noc them up tomorrow when i wake up i used 1/pint jars and the ones that where on the bottom seem to have taken on some water and I'm not sure if its OK or not i have more cake mix if i need to remake um but I'm kinda going OCD on this it MUST work the first time or ima be crushed so some hand holding would be great from some of the higher ups in the crew here thanks for looking and reading

P.S. the first pic is the toplayer and the second is the bottom layer

Attached Thumbnails

• bottomlayer.JPG
  • toplayer.JPG

#23 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 06:45 AM

Hard to give a definative judgement from the pic but the jar seems well wrapped ...How high was the water level around those halfpints...?
If failure is not an option then a new batch may be in order...You could open one jar to better judge the rest...

#24 madmanzack

madmanzack

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:01 AM

thats about the level thanks for the fast post man:eusa_pray i just wasnt lookin right was kinda in a hurry to get um into my sterile boxes that fit in my glove box

Attached Thumbnails

• water level.jpg

#25 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:51 AM

weigh the jars by hand,
if the bottom layer jars are heavier
you know water got in.
any jars that took on significant water
should be discarded.

#26 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2006 - 08:07 AM

When I PC jars, I use that waterproof tape over the inoc. holes, then wrap a layer of tin foil over the top half of the jar and secure that with a rubber band. It's probably overkill, but I have had no excess moisture after PC'ing. The jars look wet from the pics, and if you have any doubts, just make some more. Good luck.

#27 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 08:21 AM

Water level is a bit high -need to raise em or use less...

#28 madmanzack

madmanzack

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 11:03 AM

i jusy hocked the ones that where ultra heavy and remade them i put 4 one pint jars full of water under the plate that came with the cooker so i can put a crap load of water and the jars never come close to it. and i tryed a few other ideas along with some honey LC jars i will post pix later hippie might like the jars i found in the kitchen:thumbup: well im off to empty out the cooker send all the good vibes you can my good good friends

M.adM.anZ.ack

#29 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 11:11 AM

bon chance

#30 nomoreusmc

nomoreusmc

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 940 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 12:23 PM

If the rice looks cooked, it's screwed pretty much. But hey, live and learn!

#31 madmanzack

madmanzack

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 01:59 PM

sorry for the lag in my reply got in the worst place in the world hospital some intestinal hell any way great news three days after shooting up my jars i have good sized growth :teeth:

ill post some pix
peace and well being to you all for the help things look to be jamming right along

#32 mason420

mason420

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:25 PM

If the rice looks cooked, it's screwed pretty much. But hey, live and learn!

Hmmm, really? My rice always looks cooked. Hasn't caused any noticable problems for me.

#33 fungalsporesolution

fungalsporesolution

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:32 PM

Hmmm, really? My rice always looks cooked. Hasn't caused any noticable problems for me.

i think he means cooked like the rice from chinese resturaunts

a little too much moisture imo

#34 fingers

fingers

mycoholic

• Expired Member
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:47 PM

weigh the jars by hand,
you know water got in.
should be discarded.

That's one of them "god thats so simple, logical, and in a sense obvious even...so why the hell didn't i ever think of that! thats GOLD! :D" kinda posts. The essence of KISS in a sense. I dunno, sorry Im stoned, i just loved that tip :)

fan F%#iN tastic method Hip,

FIngers:bow:

#35 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:17 PM

:bow:

#36 AcidHorse

AcidHorse

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:48 PM

weigh the jars by hand,
you know water got in.
should be discarded.

Couldn't he invert the jars?

I know that lots of water isn't good when growing Morel mycelium, drying pushes growth.

#37 abaca

abaca

jerk of all trades

• Expired Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:58 PM

Here is a pic of pastuerized horse poo in terrariums. Each tub is aprox 8x12 with three lbs poo and spawned with three BRF cakes. They are getting two fresh air exchanges a day, is this enough?

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 010a.jpg

#38 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:02 PM

Looks pretty good. The fresh air won't be as much of a factor until fully colonized or fruiting begins. Unless things begin to dry out or slow down substantially, your doing fine.

Looks as though it's gonna be a nice grow! Care to give a little more info? Strain? etc. If you are up to keeping a running log, we could move this to Photos and Growlogs. :D

Either way, good luck!!!

#39 abaca

abaca

jerk of all trades

• Expired Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:33 PM

I will be updating this grow as it goes along. As I stated is an earlier post this is our first attemp using poo, really our first attempt at doing anything other than standard PF tek. Anyways, two of the tubs are Lipa Yia and two are Brazilian. The BRF cakes used to spawn were 60/40 verm/coir, BRF and H2O. The lipa's weren't quite fully colonized when used to spawn the poo, but we wanted to spawn all in the same sitting. The tubs were prepared sunday night and are currently incubating at 74F. Hoping the mycillium will run through in a week.

#40 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:45 PM

Looks good ..You may see many pins forming below the surface where the light can penetrate the clear plastic ...You can reduce that effect by keeping the subsurface dark ..wrap it with black plastic or similar...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!