• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 abaca

abaca

jerk of all trades

• Expired Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:00 PM

We were concerned about an early pinset. So they are in a dark closet wraped in a blanket already. Thanx for the advice though. It's all appreciated.

#42 abaca

abaca

jerk of all trades

• Expired Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:58 PM

So these pics are the Brazilian 7 days from spawning. The mycillium has almost run through. The Lipa Yia appear to be 2 days behind. So these don't need to be cased for the first flush or two? When should we increase the fresh air exchanges?

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 007.jpg
  • Picture 006.jpg

#43 sandman

sandman

BACTERIA!

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,856 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:53 PM

looks like its got at least 4-6 more days of colonizing.

generally you dont give them fresh air exchanges until after they are fully colonized.

next time mix the spawn more thoroughly.

#44 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:02 PM

Nice work.

#45 Guest_DaGoon_*

Guest_DaGoon_*

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:25 PM

is the 76 degree temperature desired?

optimal colonizing temps are about 85, so i was just wondering

#46 madmanzack

madmanzack

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:26 PM

have a look they are a little farther along i just don't have the pix and what do you think of the pop corn 100% or not i wanna do a mini casing with it asap just for fun to see some thing happen any way thanks for the help every one zero contams and every jar is going the fungal gods have smiled upon me .

M.m.Z

Attached Thumbnails

• popcornsmall.jpg
  • DSCN1570 copy.jpg

#47 abaca

abaca

jerk of all trades

• Expired Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:56 PM

Our tubs are now 11 days from spawn and we have some more questions for the experts. There is a thin film of water on the bottom, should we funnel some vermiculite under the cake? Also there's been a lot of rhizo growth in the last couple days, is it time to start pinning? (ie fresh air exchanges and light)

#48 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:08 PM

Pooling water is bad. A veritable invitation for bad things to grow. Soak it up with something or pour it out regularly, but don't let a pool of water sit in a closed up environment.

As to the rhizo question, need more info. Rhizo on a cake? No light yet? No fresh air...gimmie details and I'll give ya my opinion...

#49 abaca

abaca

jerk of all trades

• Expired Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:09 PM

Sorry for the confusion.

#50 Guest_DaGoon_*

Guest_DaGoon_*

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:05 AM

should be rhizo growth everyplace

#51 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:50 PM

threads merged

#52 abaca

abaca

jerk of all trades

• Expired Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 12:24 AM

Here is our setup for fresh air exchanges. It's on a timer that runs 15 minutes every two hours. The light is a 42 watt compact florecent with a natural light spectrum on a 12 hous cycle. The quick connects for the tubing are great. They work like a Chinese finger trap, a little pricey ($5 each) but worth it. We're now 18 days from spawn and 4 days from pinning initiation. A thin layer of vermiculite was put under the cakes. Also added a thin coir casing (1/16th") on two of the tubs.

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 052a.jpg
  • Picture 054a.jpg

#53 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:25 AM

I would leave the air pump on all the time. It isn't delivering very much air to those containers in that short period.

You might not need the bubbler in the fresh air supply.

#54 abaca

abaca

jerk of all trades

• Expired Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:10 PM

The first pins were spotted today in both Brazilian tubs. One on the cake with the casing and another half dozen on the other. It looks like it'll be a nice pinset/ first flush. I'll post a pic in a couple days once they're a little more defined. The tubs are in a very dry climate, so we'll leave the bubbler going through the water. We'll go ahead and try leaving the bubbler on 24/7.

#55 madmanzack

madmanzack

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:58 PM

well i hope i can get my pix up:gah: :laser: damn photo shop is being a bootch thank you all for the help i would say ksss is a fun strain lots of shapes sizes colors hallow not hallow and very very contam proof but my last cake to get birthed has probably 600 -800 pins i cant count that frigging many lol any way love all you guys. and I'm working on some more pix just a lot of resizing to do

also any body else have the jitters on ksss cause i get a almost uncontrollable movement of my legs, arm, head some thing along with some amazing dream like visions i like visuals not mind fucks and for lack of a better term tweekin any thoughts of very visual strains that arnt all speedy I'm a fan of DMT breakthroughs so I'm wanting to get that sorta thing going on on high doses thanks for any info from the elders and newbies alike on this.

peace and well being to you and yours.

M.m.Z

#56 smilinjack

smilinjack

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 376 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:28 PM

If the rice looks cooked, it's screwed pretty much. But hey, live and learn!

Since I've been grinding my rice instead of buying flour my rice looks like it is cooked but my jars colonized very nicely.

#57 SeaOfNugs

SeaOfNugs

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:18 AM

those cakes will not work. this has happened to me before. make sure water is not sloshing around when steaming

#58 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:24 AM

i get a almost uncontrollable movement of my legs, arm,...

a fairly common side-effect/phenomenon
not strain-dependant though, can happen with any.
i like to release the tension by 'dancing' with my arms, etc.

#59 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:25 AM

Couldn't he invert the jars?

I know that lots of water isn't good when growing Morel mycelium, drying pushes growth.

inverting would just re-arrange the water
but if the excess water reaches the dry vermiculite barrier under the lid of pf cakes
the now wet verm will then allow bacteria to enter freely.
so it must be kept dry
thus inverting soaking wet cakes is not a solution.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!