1 reply to this topic

#1 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:44 PM

Hey all. Just had to show off one of the toys that PF gave me when I went to visit him.

This is the way he made his syringes for years. Nothing really that new except for two items available thru catalog order. Sorry forgot to grab the number of the place but I can add it later. The two items are the autoclaveable container that the stuff sits in and the silly little paddle which works better than any glass or metal rod that I have ever used.

The thing that I like best was the vented lid. Less condensation. Especially for edibles like oysters where condensation becomes an issue. Also the dryer environment seems to keep the spores from sticking together so much. As well as lifting the cap of the shroom on the grid. I've used a grid before which helps for dispersal but the vent just makes it so nice. Mounding spores and moisture seem to be the biggest problem with dispersal.

Notice the dispersal pattern on those spores....PF Red Spores that is. Until this new gadget i used to use a screen, like the one in this tek, in a jar. Kind of a pain working around the screen which doesn't always fall out when dumping the cap. This is so nice in front of the flow hood. Everything comes apart so easy. This tek was very well thought out from every angle.

This Tek is geared for mass production. I forgot to include the autoclaveable plastic bottles that the solution is put into and the funnel which is also autoclaveable. The bottles are pictured somewhat in the PFR vs Purple Spore solution comparison in the begining of the PFR thread. http://mycotopia.net...read.php?t=9490
The bottles are the last step of this tek. Just a good shake to a bottle and nicely dispersed.

Well as usual I'm in a bit of a hurry so I'll leave it at this. Any questions just ask!

Thanks for letting me show off and share a little!

Peace and Love

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:39 PM

Spore printing ideas
These are caps of psilocybe semilanceata (collected in the Olympic Rain Forest) in a 1/2 pint wide mouth canning jar.
The caps are resting on 1/2 inch galvanized wire screen. The 1/2 inch is related to the distance between the wire. The wire screen was cut up and fashioned into a screen support by cutting it with a wire cutter pliars and bending it into shape. The caps are above the glass surface which makes for a cleaner spore print (although printing directly on glass apparantly works as well).
The glass jar and wire support are presterilized in a pressure canner. Jars like this can also use the white sterile filter disks as lids held on by the canning jar lid bands. These are available from Fungi Perfecti in Shelton Washington. To find them on the web - just do a search with FUNGI PERFECTI.
Psylocybe Fanaticus
Seattle Washington USA

Attached Thumbnails

• libcap1.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!