#1 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,676 posts

Donator

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:19 PM

How uncle pasteurizes Hpoo, and Cpoo.

A quote from the Glossary, Pasteurization: A process by which bulk materials are partially sterilized by contact with live steam, hot water or dry heat at temperatures between 140- 160 degrees F for 1 to 1.5 hour.

When I started doing bulk subs like hpoo a few months ago. I racked my mind for a good way to pasteurize hpoo. In the oven BOY THAT STINKS outside was no good (nosey ass neighbors).

Then I remember I had a 30 cup coffee maker in the shed and wondered how hot it got. So I checked 175 degrees a little hot but better than the oven. By trial and error I learned to do it this way. Pics are at the end . Oh btw little to no smell.

1. I take hpoo and put it in cloth bag. Pillow case works to.
2. I fill my coffee pot 3/4 full and let it heat up. (its nosey)
3. I put the coffee strainer in upside down. Very important there is a pump at the bottom that can not be clog up in these coffee makers. Also, the pump rod that comes with them we DO NOT USE.

4. Once the light comes on I put the hpoo bag in SLOWLY if I have to remove water I just use the spout at the bottom.

5. With top on and bag in I check the temperature. (you might have to add a little boiling water to get the temp up, or cold water to get the temp. down) depending on models.

6. Pasteurize for 2 hrs
7. Put in kitchen sink and open spout. You can let sit over night like this or I just handle carefully (ITS HOT) and strain off water and put hpoo in roast pan and I add Pre-heated ready to use dry Vermiculite until I get the right fill capacity.

8. Once cooled it is ready for your spawn tek.

For shits and giggles I used a coffee can and a pint of spawn mixed together and covered.

I made a coffee can, a 10x10 pan, and a 12qt wash tub (1/2 full). I used 7 half pints of Super Cake recipe and Idk how much hpoo and vermiculite.

30 cup coffee maker costs 20 to 100 dollars. But the cheap ones are better because they dont gets as hot. "Brew temps" are 175 to 200 for most coffee makers but it drops once the light comes on. You can manage heat by adding hot or cold water. You can unplug it. You can put your poo bag in while it is cold and this changes the heat or after it has brewed.

My 30 cup means as much to me as my pc. I would buy a new one immediately if it quit working.

Attached Thumbnails

• finshed.jpg
  • 13 cp.jpg
  • last pic.jpg
  • 11 cp.jpg
  • 6 cp.jpg
  • 8 cp.jpg
  • 10 cp.jpg
  • 1 cp.jpg
  • 2 cp.jpg
  • 3 cp.jpg
  • First pic cp.jpg
  • Hpoo and spawn.jpg

• Ben Dover and TheCreepersKeeper like this

#2 psycheholic

psycheholic

S-W-I-M Team

• OG VIP
  • 2,726 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:54 PM

maybe you should brew them nosey neighbors some of your special coffee.....you know...for a token of your appreciation of their watchful eye lol

#3 Ben Dover

Ben Dover

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:44 PM

:eusa_clap

I'll have to keep and eye out for a cheap, large coffee maker ;)

#4 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,676 posts

Donator

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:50 PM

I study up on them before I posted this. I didnt want to lead anyone wrong which you knew. 20 bucks online. There is couple tricks to controling temp. Like for this thread I put hpoo bag after it brewed and this lowered my temp to like 145, (I add a little boiling water and was fine) but if I would of put it in from the start while it was reaching brewing temp it would of stayed at 165 to 175 most of the time.

#5 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,676 posts

Donator

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:21 PM

Ebay probaly has them real cheap. This ideal for someone in the city who doesnt have a back yard or wants stink up his house trying to use an oven.

#6 Necrochronicon

Necrochronicon

The Great Worm

• Expired Member
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

give me a "g", give me an "e" give me an "n" give me an "i" give me a "u" give me an "s"

what does that spell?

good work never seen that done before mad props

:bow:

#7 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,676 posts

Donator

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

give me a "g", give me an "e" give me an "n" give me an "i" give me a "u" give me an "s"

what does that spell?

good work never seen that done before mad props

:bow:

Thank You that is quite the compliment.
  • 5-MeO-DMT likes this

#8 psycheholic

psycheholic

S-W-I-M Team

• OG VIP
  • 2,726 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

yea I didnt get to tell u in my last post, but good work man way to use your head:bow:

#9 5-MeO-DMT

5-MeO-DMT

What is it in itself

• Free Member
  • 390 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

Fantastic Ningaenuity :bow: very clever of you :eusa_clap

#10 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,676 posts

Donator

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

I had never seen anything like it and asked one of the mods what they thought and they said go right head. I hope it helps someone.

#11 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,676 posts

Donator

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

Bump. I never got to post my results so next week I think maybe in two weeks going to break out the 30 cup and do some bulk growing. I love it. Better than an oven or out side I think. Ill be adding some pics hopefully soon

#12 KartyacArrest

KartyacArrest

ಠ_ಠ

• Free Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:53 PM

Damn, I wish I would have read this post like last week. I just invested in a wallpaper steamer and was going to get a metal trash can and create a giant pasteurizer machine that way.

Approximately how much poo can you pasteurize in that thing?
You said it has little to no smell?
You think I could get away with doing this at night and in the morning it would be smell free?

#13 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,676 posts

Donator

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:06 AM

Damn, I wish I would have read this post like last week. I just invested in a wallpaper steamer and was going to get a metal trash can and create a giant pasteurizer machine that way.

Approximately how much poo can you pasteurize in that thing?
You said it has little to no smell?
You think I could get away with doing this at night and in the morning it would be smell free?

I dont really measure but I would say I can do about 6 pints of poo at a time. And ya the smell is hardly noticable compared to like the oven which is OMG bad. They are like 25 dollars for cheap one and I think the cheap ones will be better. Cheap ones will be a lower temp I think and that is what you want but controlling temp is super easy with mine. I add boiling water if to cold and cold water if to hot. I use the spout for a drain. No problem. 145 to 175 for pasteurizing for an 100 mins works great. My avivitar is bulk grow done with my 30 cup.

#14 KartyacArrest

KartyacArrest

ಠ_ಠ

• Free Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:17 AM

I really wish I would have just bought the coffee maker instead... Well, cow shit!
You said it's noisy? Is that just because it's old?

#15 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,676 posts

Donator

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:38 AM

I really wish I would have just bought the coffee maker instead... Well, cow shit!
You said it's noisy? Is that just because it's old?

When it heats up it makes a little sound but so does the one at work. IF you set the poo bag in without the basket up side down it will loudly let you know something is wrong.

Also I have had people over couple hrs after i had used it, like my x who would of said something if she smelled shit.

This is great for people who need stealth or doing bulk for personal. People growing in a apartment this is great option.

I got a gas outside set up as well that I can do a shit load of shit and I prefer this most of the time. I only use my outside set up if I got like 50+ jars to spawn.

#16 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,676 posts

Donator

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:28 PM

Ok by further research I have found. That most 30 cups brew at 185 then drop to around 165. Which is prefect to pasteurize.

#17 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,572 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

Thanks unclegeeter

For me might be a big time saver, I'm always busy doing other things and running back and forth turning up or down (usually down) the temperature it's a PITA

and saves having to clean the wifes pots before she gets home too:eusa_naug

#18 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,676 posts

Donator

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

Thanks unclegeeter

For me might be a big time saver, I'm always busy doing other things and running back and forth turning up or down (usually down) the temperature it's a PITA

and saves having to clean the wifes pots before she gets home too:eusa_naug

Ya I dont make coffee in mine anymore. Works great just watch your temp and adjust it if you need to.

#19 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,676 posts

Donator

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

Alright I never posted any results after doing it the first time with you all. So here we go.

Got the 30 cup out did 3 pints of pure hpoo. I normally do up a little more than this but I only had a pint and half of spawn. Also I did up 3 pints of wet vermiculite (I used the stove for this). Also dry vermiculite for the bottom of my tub.

1 pic shows temp at 175
2 pic shows all my stuff laid out
3 pic shows dry vermiculite layer
4 pic shows hpoo, ver, spawn layer (mix in a bag)
5 pic shows tub number 13

These are day old and I checked it this afternoon and it is doing greet.

WILL UPDATE WITH PICS

Attached Thumbnails

• 4.jpg
  • 5.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 1.jpg

#20 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,676 posts

Donator

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

Ok its been 5 days and I got some pics.

Now this is mainly Hpoo but I messed up be a cheap ass and throwing some old humus in the mix. Humus sometimes will not colonize real well and that is what the black spots are. Should of just used Hpoo for you all.

Attached Thumbnails

• I1319541591.jpg
  • I1319541630.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!