• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MurCurY

MurCurY

I.Know.All

• OG VIP
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

So, before my current job I grew berry plants. I was pretty good at it. We did several thousand strawberry plants a year from the greenhouse...and millions from the field. When my current employer asked if it was possible to grow strawberries in the greenhouse....i chuckled...
So...after the summer fruiting...they started to runner...I collected runners from field plants and planted them in soil in the greenhouse to root. I decided to keep two varieties, a small very flavorful berry, and an ever bearing variety. Here where it gets fun....

I had some hydroponic gear laying around the house....so...I decided to put it to good use ::GRIN::

Pictures to follow this afternoon.

Anyone have any idea how to figure out how much fish emulsion to use for hydroponics?....or...an organic fertilizer that is better suited?

#2 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

I used to use a few drops of superthrive and a teaspoon of fish emulsion per gal to supliment the other nutes. Fish emulsion can clog fogger nozzles if you grow aeroponics and I don't recomend it for that. It worked great for hydroponics and the only drawback was that mosquitos liked it for some reason. It got so bad at one point that I was going to try raising small fish in the nute tanks to eat the mosquitos but the problem cleared up on its own after the weather changed. Oh, check your ph often if usimg fish emulsion.

#3 mimosadmtastronaut

mimosadmtastronaut

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:23 AM

hahaha wow.... to be honest, id almost rather see some pics of the farm fresh strawberries. lol. in any case, best of luck with the grow :) hit us up with some photos MurCury

#4 MurCurY

MurCurY

I.Know.All

• OG VIP
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:41 AM

I used to use a few drops of superthrive and a teaspoon of fish emulsion per gal to supplement the other nutes.

Superthrive is not "organic". It contains hormones that are not allowed by OMRI.

I've decided on aerated compost tea. I'll take some pics and upload today..I've been super busy.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!