• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cordyceps

cordyceps

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 02:00 AM

I stumbled something in my house that for all practical purposes is a secret chamber, 30" wide, 30" deep, and 48" tall. Getting electricity and water into this space is no problem. MY first thought was a cool new place to incubate tons of jars, but then I got to thinking. I've always wanted to grow some bud, but only a small amount of high quality stuff, and this chamber sounds to me like it could be used for this purpose. I've never grown bud in doors so I was wondering what you guys and gals thought would be the best course of action here. So what ya think?

#2 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 03:03 AM

quite a small area to work with but it can be done. You will probably have to go with 100% indica to get something that will fit into that spot. You may try lowryder though if your interested, you could probably fit several lowryder plants in that area. Good luck, and keep it stealth:reb:

#3 mushymonkey

mushymonkey

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:37 AM

That is pretty small, but it can be done. You need to read up on screen of green. It's were you train the plant onto a horizontal mesh to reduce height restrictions. You should use an air cooled lamp...150 watter might do. The 150s put out much les heat and you can grow a nice plant or two with 'em.

Happy growing.

#4 GriffinTree

GriffinTree

slippin away into reality

• Expired Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 12:53 PM

yes, this can be done with ease...... just use either scrog like mushymonkey suggested, or LST = low stress training, which is alot like scrog except you just use wire to tie down you plants so you have more of a bush, it will also increase your yeild by quite a bit because instead of one main cola getting all of the light, you let all of the lower branches get just as much and you end up with 4 or 5 good sized colas. your also going to want to top you plants, to do this just cut the top of your plant at around the 3rd of 4th node, you can do this more than once. buy try not to stress it too much because too much stress = hermies (male flowers) ie not sensi!
happy growing!!

#5 akoutdoors

akoutdoors

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 344 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:22 PM

A 150w/175w Metal ahlide/HPS would be ideal for that space. Air cooling a light that small is not needed as long as the area has plenty of ventilation.
I would say go with the LR I am on my 4th generation and I have not been disapointed yet!
If you can get clones whenever you want go with a standard 12/12 indica strain, but if clones are not available go with the lowryder it will save you alot of headache, cause when you flower (if it is a 12/12 strain) you will have no ability to keep a mother plant unless you build another area then you need to take clones and all that jazz. The lowryders you just start 1 a week and after 8/9 weeks you have a constant cycle of bud all with leaving the light on 20/4.
The yeild Lowryders gives is comparable to normal plants, but they stay soo short, they dont really need that much food(miracle grow soil is all they need) making more seeds is as easy as it gets

#6 karmadiver

karmadiver

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 11:52 AM

sea of green method wil be the only viable option in such a small space, imo

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!